Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 03:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is total hogwash. You have no clue what God IS agape love means. There can be no hatred in God who IS agape love. You are seriously misguided and confused, brother.

He simply does NOT know God, Pcamps. He believes in and follows a wrathful and vengeful War God, NOT the God Divinely Revealed and demonstrated by Jesus (God Himself) on the Cross.
That's a bit of an head scratcher I must say, to hear a christian who says he is a minister for the best part promoting a wrathful warlord god over the one it says he preached peace to them that are not and to them that are afar off(Prodigal son afar off).

Old 03-01-2022, 03:25 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He simply does NOT know God, Pcamps.
I'm glad that you are not the ultimate judge of that, Mystic.

If I don't know God because I believe the testimony of holy scripture, then something is very wrong in the world.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
He changes us so that we are no longer sinners (1 John 3:9), in the sense of people who sin, through the shedding of His blood.

He both hated us because of our sin and also loved us because He is love.

You have never heard of a love/hate relationship?

This is getting beyond ridiculous now with your outrageous statements about God.

It says while we were still sinners that we were loved. Quit lying about what the scripture say about this.

Your Bible in Ronan's 8 :3 says he condemned sin not the sinner. I have never heard such rubbish in all of my days of being a Christian as the rubbish you are posting. It's most definitely American Christianity gone off the deep end.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:34 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
You have never heard of a love/hate relationship?
What we call a "love/hate relationship" signifies dysfunction and fickleness.

There is no dysfunction or fickleness with God.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

Nevertheless God both loves the sinner and hates the sin...

And hates the sinner inasmuch as he will not be separated from his sin through the remedy that God has prescribed.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:44 PM

Quote:

And hates the sinner inasmuch as he will not be separated from his sin through the remedy that God has prescribed.
Changing your tune now you have seen the error of saying God loves and hates sinners at the same time. Actually I take that back after reading your contradictory second sentence.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:46 PM

Quote:

Ahh yes. See my Post #6344.

We may be saying something similar but using a different theological language.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

There is in the mind of those that God hates sinners but amazingly can love them at the same time.

He's even saying now that God hates sinners because they won't separate themselves from their sins, when the scriptures clearly tell us we were and are loved in that state to bring us back into to the state that God himself abides in.

One can only believe that Paul had JBY in mind when he said this.... Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Do you see that JBF? the goodness of God is drawing man to himself....... Tell me how can this be possible while hating the sinner he's drawing at the same time. You are making a fool of yourself with such nonsense.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

This is getting beyond ridiculous now with your outrageous statements about God.

It says while we were still sinners that we were loved. Quit lying about what the scripture say about this.

Your Bible in Ronan's 8 :3 says he condemned sin not the sinner. I have never heard such rubbish in all of my days of being a Christian as the rubbish you are posting. It's most definitely American Christianity gone off the deep end.
The sinner is most definitely condemned in Matthew 13:41-42.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There is in the mind of those that God hates sinners but amazingly can love them at the same time.

He's even saying now that God hates sinners because they won't separate themselves from their sins, when the scriptures clearly tell us we were and are loved in that state to bring us back into to the state that God himself abides in.

One can only believe that Paul had JBY in mind when he said this.... Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Do you see that JBF? the goodness of God is drawing man to himself....... Tell me how can this be possible while hating the sinner he's drawing at the same time. You are making a fool of yourself with such nonsense.
Aquinas dealt with the problem of the Scriptural language describing God as both "loving" all men and "hating" the workers of iniquity.

The Summa is worth reading. Here are links to some relevant portions:

Question 20, Article 1

Question 25, Article 6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity