Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2022, 02:03 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times

Advertisements

https://www.city-data.com/forum/63748359-post2.html

Old 09-06-2022, 08:49 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsBhvSMQUk4&t=66s

Old 09-06-2022, 12:29 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Your church does not have the authority to do away with scripture,
That's correct. It was "my Church" that compiled, defined, and has preserved Scripture through the ages. It is your tradition that has literally done away with scripture by throwing out seven books and portions of more. By making this ridiculous accusation, you are actually projecting the errors of your own tradition.

All of the verses you cite are in the Catholic Bible just like in your Bible, so we have obviously not "done away with" them. They simply don't mean what you think they mean. It's as simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Jesus IS the saviour of the WORLD. And I have asked you half a dozen time to explain how you or your church shows agreement with those scripture and so far all i have received is crickets.
"My Church" shows agreement with that by having taken the Gospel to the entire world. There is a Catholic Church in every country in the world, at least in an underground form if not openly such as in North Korea and Saudi Arabia.

Old 09-06-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Are all ones sins forgiven if Christ died for them ? Yes or no please? You never answered the yes or no. You seem to have given a why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
That's not how it works.

Christ died for all, yet not all sins are forgiven because many do not ask for forgiveness.
Quote:
Then your answer is obviously no, is that right ? Do you answer no to the question "Are all ones sins forgiven if Christ died for them ?"
My answer is that I can't possibly answer the question with a definitive "yes" or "no" because I cannot know the state of any particular individual's soul and whether they will end up in heaven or not.

Like I said; we know that Christ died for all, yet we also know that not everyone ends up in heaven.

Old 09-06-2022, 06:50 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
My answer is that I can't possibly answer the question with a definitive "yes" or "no" because I cannot know the state of any particular individual's soul and whether they will end up in heaven or not.

Like I said; we know that Christ died for all, yet we also know that not everyone ends up in heaven.
Then its reasonably obvious, your answer is no ! Yet you are afraid to admit it

Old 09-06-2022, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Then its reasonably obvious, your answer is no ! Yet you are afraid to admit it
Okay. Based on your posting history, my concern is that your question is not in good faith but is rather a "gotcha" question. Maybe I'm wrong to presume that, and if I am wrong I apologize.

What I do know is that forgiveness in Scripture is always presented as being conditional. For example, we must confess our sins and we must be willing to forgive others if we are to be forgiven. So in that sense, I suppose I can answer "no".

Old 09-07-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Okay. Based on your posting history, my concern is that your question is not in good faith but is rather a "gotcha" question. Maybe I'm wrong to presume that, and if I am wrong I apologize.

What I do know is that forgiveness in Scripture is always presented as being conditional. For example, we must confess our sins and we must be willing to forgive others if we are to be forgiven. So in that sense, I suppose I can answer "no".
Thats a serious issue when you deny the saving efficacy of Christs death, do you understand that ? Thats what saying no means.

Old 09-07-2022, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Thats a serious issue when you deny the saving efficacy of Christs death, do you understand that ? Thats what saying no means.
Christ's death is sufficient to save all. However, not everyone wants salvation.

Old 09-07-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Christ's death is sufficient to save all. However, not everyone wants salvation.
Again, that puts you in the same aforesaid position, saying no that Christs death doesnt save.

Old 09-07-2022, 12:27 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:

That is because heaven and earth are relative to each other and humans are caught between both having part in both because of our composition

It is very hard to give a yes/no answer to these types of questions because there is a lot more going on than we individually see/understand/comprehend

Gen 2:7**And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity