Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2022, 02:56 AM

676 posts, read 203,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Omi's are simply the result of human vanity and hubris about what God MUST be to qualify as God which I find absurd. They are too paradoxical to one another anyway. Besides who the hell are we to demand what God must be!! God is who and what God is, period. What we think He should be is pointless. Our best information about who God is has been revealed and demonstrated by Jesus on the Cross, period. All other expectations, interpretations, and beliefs about God must be in accord with Him, NOT the other way around!
MysticPhD, Jesus said..."Father, forgive them, they know not what they are doing" but this is not in all the translations of the bible, there are a few 'very ancient' versions where Jesus said.."Father, rain a can of whoop ass down on these my murderers".....I think we are dealing with a group of people on this forum that have that 'more accurate' version of what happened.

Old 09-29-2022, 04:48 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
17. “As I live, says the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked.” Ezek. 33:11

The pleasure of God is in favor of the salvation of all men, therefore neither death, sin, nor pain, can be the ultimate object of God in reference to man. Death and sin and pain may exist for a time; but if God has no pleasure in them they are not the end at which he aims, but the means by which he accomplishes that end. The end in which God rests is his pleasure, design, or purpose & must be essentially benevolent, because he is essentially a benevolent God. Neither death, nor sin, nor pain can be his ultimate plan or pleasure; they are the means by which his holy and righteous designs are carried into effect.

18. “You have created all things, and for Your pleasure they are and were created.” Rev. 4:11 God created all men expressly for his pleasure, and, therefore, not for ultimate death. He made all things for his pleasure; and through the same motive he preserves. It is evident that he hates nothing that he has made; and could have made no intelligent creature with the design to make it eternally miserable. It is strange, that a contrary supposition has ever entered into the heart of man. It is high time that the benevolent nature of the supreme God should be fully vindicated from thoughts of this kind.

Old 09-29-2022, 06:58 AM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
17. “As I live, says the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked.” Ezek. 33:11

The pleasure of God is in favor of the salvation of all men, therefore neither death, sin, nor pain, can be the ultimate object of God in reference to man. Death and sin and pain may exist for a time; but if God has no pleasure in them they are not the end at which he aims, but the means by which he accomplishes that end. The end in which God rests is his pleasure, design, or purpose & must be essentially benevolent, because he is essentially a benevolent God. Neither death, nor sin, nor pain can be his ultimate plan or pleasure; they are the means by which his holy and righteous designs are carried into effect.

18. “You have created all things, and for Your pleasure they are and were created.” Rev. 4:11 God created all men expressly for his pleasure, and, therefore, not for ultimate death. He made all things for his pleasure; and through the same motive he preserves. It is evident that he hates nothing that he has made; and could have made no intelligent creature with the design to make it eternally miserable. It is strange, that a contrary supposition has ever entered into the heart of man. It is high time that the benevolent nature of the supreme God should be fully vindicated from thoughts of this kind.

Old 09-29-2022, 07:33 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
MysticPhD, Jesus said..."Father, forgive them, they know not what they are doing" but this is not in all the translations of the bible, there are a few 'very ancient' versions where Jesus said.."Father, rain a can of whoop ass down on these my murderers".....I think we are dealing with a group of people on this forum that have that 'more accurate' version of what happened.
Jesus spoke several times of the coming wrath of God.

Old 09-29-2022, 07:53 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
19. “The pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.” Isaiah 53:10

The pleasure of God is to have all men saved, and brought to the knowledge of the truth.

20. “So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth; it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” Isaiah 55:11.

God’s pleasure shall surely be accomplished. “I will do all my pleasure.” Does not this show that God’s pleasure shall certainly be accomplished? His word shall not return unto him void: it shall accomplish what he pleases, and prosper in the object which he sent it to accomplish. God has no pleasure in the death or suffering of the sinner. That was not the object of creation. God created men for his pleasure, and his pleasure shall certainly be accomplished.

21.“Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure, which he hath purposed in himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of times, he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth, even in him.” (Eph. 1:9,10)

It is evident that God has purposed to gather together all things in Christ. God’s purpose agrees with his will or pleasure. He wills to have all men saved; he has no pleasure in the death of the wicked; and accordingly he has purposed to gather together in one, all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth. This is God’s purpose; this is what he has purposed in himself. This is not the gathering together of those things only which are in Christ, but the gathering together of all things in him. “Unto him shall the gathering of the people be.” (Gen. 49:10) And Jesus confirms this: “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.” (John 12:32) Thus we see all things are to be gathered into Christ. They are all to have his spirit, and partake of his new creation; for “if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.” (2 Cor. 5:17)

Old 09-29-2022, 08:59 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
Why don't you include the entire section? You'll notice Jesus ends that section at verse 39 which says they will not see him again until they say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. Since everyone will see him again at some point, Jesus said, for them to see him again, they will say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. All will at some point bless Jesus.
I included the scriptures relevant to the point. Some are the seed of the serpent and destined for damnation, Jesus will have nothing to do with saving them.

Old 09-29-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
19. “The pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.” Isaiah 53:10

The pleasure of God is to have all men saved, and brought to the knowledge of the truth.

20. “So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth; it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” Isaiah 55:11.

God’s pleasure shall surely be accomplished. “I will do all my pleasure.” Does not this show that God’s pleasure shall certainly be accomplished? His word shall not return unto him void: it shall accomplish what he pleases, and prosper in the object which he sent it to accomplish. God has no pleasure in the death or suffering of the sinner. That was not the object of creation. God created men for his pleasure, and his pleasure shall certainly be accomplished.

21.“Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure, which he hath purposed in himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of times, he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth, even in him.” (Eph. 1:9,10)

It is evident that God has purposed to gather together all things in Christ. God’s purpose agrees with his will or pleasure. He wills to have all men saved; he has no pleasure in the death of the wicked; and accordingly he has purposed to gather together in one, all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth. This is God’s purpose; this is what he has purposed in himself. This is not the gathering together of those things only which are in Christ, but the gathering together of all things in him. “Unto him shall the gathering of the people be.” (Gen. 49:10) And Jesus confirms this: “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.” (John 12:32) Thus we see all things are to be gathered into Christ. They are all to have his spirit, and partake of his new creation; for “if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.” (2 Cor. 5:17)
Those scriptures pertain to Jesus seed Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Those are people chosen in Him before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4 and it doesnt include the seed of the serpent, they were never chosen in Christ, but in their father the devil.

You are giving people a false security my friend !

Old 09-29-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:

Ezk 33 :11 pertains to national israel

11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

You just carelessly quoting scripture without understanding the context. God had no pleasure in the death of that nation until after the messiah was born, the seed of the women. And the death is a national death, has nothing to do with salvation.

Old 09-29-2022, 09:42 AM

Jesus Christ never came to save the entire world of individuals, but the world He came to save is a chosen remnant out of the world, so He prayed thusly in High Priestl prayer n 17:9,20

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Those given Him are a remnant !

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Thats the same remnant apart from his disciples ! All who belong to the remnant shall believe on Him through the word of His sent apostles, their preaching and writings !

Old 09-29-2022, 01:34 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Jesus spoke several times of the coming wrath of God.
Our ignorant primitive ancestors believed ALL negative consequences were the wrath of God so when Jesus talked about negative consequences that is what our ancestors heard!!! There is no wrath in God as Jesus unambiguously revealed under the absolute worst of life and death circumstances!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity