Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2022, 12:34 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
pneuma

They are the only ones to be saved, the only ones God promised to save Isa 45:17

But Israel[Gods elect] shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
if I keep reading your post I will give myself a headache from all the smacks. Back to ignoring you

Old 08-31-2022, 01:07 PM

4,639 posts, read 1,184,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
if I keep reading your post I will give myself a headache from all the smacks. Back to ignoring you
Who is promised to be saved in the Lord here ? Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Old 08-31-2022, 09:13 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,799,037 times
Quote:
I have responded properly, and truthfully, God doesnt extend His Love, He loves, He bestows upon the objects of His Love 1 Jn 3:1

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

That means He makes an actual application of His Love. And then God hates, withholds His Love to some
You responded, both times, with "The Same !" There's that space again. Quoting scripture means nothing when you're talking to people who don't believe as you do. How about a real conversation rather than robotic, and apparently very exciting with the exclamations, responses?

Old 08-31-2022, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Who is promised to be saved in the Lord here ? Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
You really are a robot, aren't you?

Old 09-01-2022, 03:41 AM

685 posts, read 207,293 times
Quote:
I have responded properly, and truthfully, God doesnt extend His Love, He loves, He bestows upon the objects of His Love 1 Jn 3:1

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

That means He makes an actual application of His Love. And then God hates, withholds His Love to some
What a devilish teaching. God hates or withholds his love to some? God hates some people? Tell me more about this satan seed BS Brightfame. I still wanna know who creates these poor souls that are damned from the start. No good deed matters, love means nothing, what is the purpose of life if God hates most people?
Can't you see how devilish this is BF??? Just answer me ONE question BF.....WHO created these souls...God or Satan?

Old 09-01-2022, 09:21 AM

What does it mean when we say something is eternal? Sounds like an easy question to answer yet it seems so many get the answer wrong.

Every Christian I have ever met or spoken with on these types of forums or read their writings equate eternal to God because God dwells outside of time and has no beginning and no end. Thus when we speak of eternal we are speaking of that which has neither beginning or end.

How is it then when reading Matthew 25 so many Christians get this wrong.
I am often told that because aion is applied to God and hell then hell must be eternal as God is eternal as it is the same word used in both instances.

Yet this simply cannot be so for hell has a beginning thus it cannot be called eternal in the same Way God is eternal. Now I have pointed this out in the past and the response I have received is that another definition of eternal is just something without end. However that would be changing the meaning of eternal when it is applied to God and hell. Yet those who believe in eternal torment insist it MUST mean the same thing,

So if they MUST mean the same thing then either hell has no beginning and no end, which we know is not the case as everything that is created has a beginning in time, or God is created and has no end, for according to those who believe in eternal torment aion/eternal MUST mean the same thing.

Yet if aion means eternal we know that they cannot mean the same thing.

However if aion and its adjective mean age and that which pertains to that age then we have agreement as they both can mean the same thing.

Thus we can see eternal simply cannot be applied to both and mean the same thing, but age and that which pertains to the age do mean the same thing, for In the ages, yes I said ages, to come God will continue to correct humanity until the fullness of Christ come forth in each and every one of us at the Consummation of the ages

Old 09-01-2022, 09:26 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
What does it mean when we say something is eternal? Sounds like an easy question to answer yet it seems so many get the answer wrong.

Every Christian I have ever met or spoken with on these types of forums or read their writings equate eternal to God because God dwells outside of time and has no beginning and no end. Thus when we speak of eternal we are speaking of that which has neither beginning or end.

How is it then when reading Matthew 25 so many Christians get this wrong.
I am often told that because aion is applied to God and hell then hell must be eternal as God is eternal as it is the same word used in both instances.

Yet this simply cannot be so for hell has a beginning thus it cannot be called eternal in the same Way God is eternal. Now I have pointed this out in the past and the response I have received is that another definition of eternal is just something without end. However that would be changing the meaning of eternal when it is applied to God and hell. Yet those who believe in eternal torment insist it MUST mean the same thing,

So if they MUST mean the same thing then either hell has no beginning and no end, which we know is not the case as everything that is created has a beginning in time, or God is created and has no end, for according to those who believe in eternal torment aion/eternal MUST mean the same thing.

Yet if aion means eternal we know that they cannot mean the same thing.

However if aion and its adjective mean age and that which pertains to that age then we have agreement as they both can mean the same thing.

Thus we can see eternal simply cannot be applied to both and mean the same thing, but age and that which pertains to the age do mean the same thing, for In the ages, yes I said ages, to come God will continue to correct humanity until the fullness of Christ come forth in each and every one of us at the Consummation of the ages
How do the mechanics of this work; this alleged after-death conversion of a man who has been given over completely to sin and is utterly averse to Goodness? What in him remains that is redeemable?

If conversion is possible (or even inevitable as universalists claim) in the next life, then why does Christianity and Scripture place such an urgent emphasis on this life?

Where do you find a promise in Scripture that God's grace will be made available to us after we die?

Old 09-01-2022, 09:30 AM

Quote:

NO you have not responded, at all. What good does quoting scripture do, especially quoting it to an atheist? None. I could quote scripture also, I know it fairly well. But I don't believe any of it. You are a frustrating and unresponsive poster.

Moderator cut: Belief in the existence of God is a given in the Christianity subforum. You are free to state that you personally don't believe, however. What a terrible prospect to be so focused on one thing that you come off as being robotic. Doesn't it bother you that you're being ignored by some of the posters in this thread? You are wasting your time. You will never convince or pull anyone into your circle of madness on this board. Your approach only makes people shun you. Is that what you want?

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 09-01-2022 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: Do not argue the existence of God other than to note it as your own belief.

Old 09-01-2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
NO you have not responded, at all. What good does quoting scripture do, especially quoting it to an atheist? None. I could quote scripture also, I know it fairly well. But I don't believe any of it. You are a frustrating and unresponsive poster.

Behold, there is no god so nothing is being "withheld". What a terrible prospect to be so focused on one thing that you come off as being robotic. Doesn't it bother you that you're being ignored by some of the posters in this thread? You are wasting your time. You will never convince or pull anyone into your circle of madness on this board. Your approach only makes people shun you. Is that what you want?
I feel a scripture is going to be your response.

Old 09-01-2022, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
How do the mechanics of this work; this alleged after-death conversion of a man who has been given over completely to sin and is utterly averse to Goodness? What in him remains that is redeemable?

?
When did you become God to say anyone is unredeemable.
Do you not believe God cannot abide sin?
Then how can you believe God will abide sin for all eternity?

Quote:

If conversion is possible (or even inevitable as universalists claim) in the next life, then why does Christianity and Scripture place such an urgent emphasis on this life?

Scripture actually place it on every age, whether it be in the age we live in right now or in the ages to come.
So to answer your question. We reap what we sow.

Quote:
Where do you find a promise in Scripture that God's grace will be made available to us after we die
Off the top of my head , as I am at work, where Jesus went and preached captivity captive, and revelation 22
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity