Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2022, 05:04 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times

Advertisements

Universalism is a false relgion and even degrades God and His Infinite Holiness, which Holiness coupled with the Innate Greatness of God, is why men who have sinned and rebelled against Him, do deserve infinite punishment for their sins, and it denies that the Holy God will issue out the same to all rebels 2 Thess 1:6-9

6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Old 08-28-2022, 05:43 AM

Universalism makes light of Gods Justice in condemning sinners to hell Matt 5:29-30

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matt 10:28

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Notice how the Spirit emphasizes the Body being cast into hell ! Men will be Judged and punished according to the evil deeds of the body

Old 08-28-2022, 05:57 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Universalism is a false relgion and even degrades God and His Infinite Holiness, which Holiness coupled with the Innate Greatness of God, is why men who have sinned and rebelled against Him, do deserve infinite punishment for their sins, and it denies that the Holy God will issue out the same to all rebels 2 Thess 1:6-9

6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
according to your belief they had no choice but to sin, born in sin die in sin so how can it be said they rebelled against God? Your whole belief system is not rational.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:54 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,791,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
according to your belief they had no choice but to sin, born in sin die in sin so how can it be said they rebelled against God? Your whole belief system is not rational.
LOL this guy or gal needs to be ignored. They are playing games. And you're right, it's not rational so therefore I think they might be pulling one's leg, so to speak (without actually saying the word.) Since it won't say what it is, I'm thinking robot.

Old 08-28-2022, 07:31 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
LOL this guy or gal needs to be ignored. They are playing games. And you're right, it's not rational so therefore I think they might be pulling one's leg, so to speak (without actually saying the word.) Since it won't say what it is, I'm thinking robot.
Rosey has placed few on ignore. This is one of them.

Many moons ago we were in fellowship with a brother who spoke of 1/2 humans climbing up the side of the Earth. The sight defies imagination.

Old 08-28-2022, 07:52 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
The True Basis Of Redemption

If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time, will I wait until my change come. You will call and I will answer You. You will have a desire to the work of Thy hands" ~Job 14:14-15

In this passage is expressed, the true basis of redemption-"You will have a desire to the work of Thy hands."

It is only as we recognize man as the work of God that we can understand his redemption...not merely Adam, the first man, but all the redeemed, as finished, in the image and likeness of God.

To the whole redeemed race, thus finished, the words of the apostle are applicable,-"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2: 10)

Hence in order to understand redemption we must understand Creation; for the former is simply one step in the process of the latter.

https://www.tentmaker.org/articles/T...n-APAdams.html

Old 08-28-2022, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
An unredeemed sinner doesnt have any choice but to sin, men are born sinners and we all deserve punishment for our sins against the Great God.. But as God willed it, He chose to make some of mankind to punish them for their sins, destined them to disobedience, and so punishes them justly ! However universalism denies the justice of God and eternal punishment of sinners, right in the face of the word of God. 2 Thess 1:8-10

10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Old 08-28-2022, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
The True Basis Of Redemption

If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time, will I wait until my change come. You will call and I will answer You. You will have a desire to the work of Thy hands" ~Job 14:14-15

In this passage is expressed, the true basis of redemption-"You will have a desire to the work of Thy hands."

It is only as we recognize man as the work of God that we can understand his redemption...not merely Adam, the first man, but all the redeemed, as finished, in the image and likeness of God.

To the whole redeemed race, thus finished, the words of the apostle are applicable,-"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2: 10)

Hence in order to understand redemption we must understand Creation; for the former is simply one step in the process of the latter.

https://www.tentmaker.org/articles/T...n-APAdams.html
Redemption is for Gods Elect, not all mankind. Some of mankind belong to the seed of the serpent, and they were never made in the image of God.

Old 08-28-2022, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
An unredeemed sinner doesnt have any choice but to sin, men are born sinners and we all deserve punishment for our sins against the Great God.. But as God willed it, He chose to make some of mankind to punish them for their sins, destined them to disobedience, and so punishes them justly ! However universalism denies the justice of God and eternal punishment of sinners, right in the face of the word of God. 2 Thess 1:8-10

10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
And that is not rational

Old 08-28-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Ya, I basically just ignore BS most of the time as you simply cannot get through to the irrational mind. However I don’t think he is playing game the Calvinistic belief is what BS is teaching. Just goes to show there are many irrational people still out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity