Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2022, 03:21 PM

553 posts, read 172,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
The question: Is everyone forced to bite?
For those there is the net

Old 08-24-2022, 03:32 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
For those there is the net
Hmm

Old 08-24-2022, 06:07 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Rom 5:18 and 19 is strictly about the elect !

We know Rom 5:18 cant be talking about people who are condemned already. Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Thats a contradiction !
You will regret your belief in the "elect" and the mistaken idea that you are somehow among them unlike those who disagree with you. What is the impetus for such childish attachment to the belief that God favors some of us over others? God loves us ALL. It is what we produce as works (the "Fruits" of our Spirits) that are either wheat or tares just as it is what the plants produce as "fruit" that is either wheat or tare, NOT the plants.

Old 08-24-2022, 06:10 PM

4,085 posts, read 875,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
The entire work of salvation begins in Him & ends with Him.

We cannot even repent unless it is "granted" by Yah.

We do not live by our faith, but the faith of the Son of God.

Source, Guide & Goal of the all (ta panta)
God grants the way of salvation by repenting of sins to everyone.

Old 08-24-2022, 07:44 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,793,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You will regret your belief in the "elect" and the mistaken idea that you are somehow among them unlike those who disagree with you. What is the impetus for such childish attachment to the belief that God favors some of us over others? God loves us ALL. It is what we produce as works (the "Fruits" of our Spirits) that are either wheat or tares just as it is what the plants produce as "fruit" that is either wheat or tare, NOT the plants.
You might as well be speaking to a tree stump. You probably won't get a reply.

Old 08-24-2022, 07:54 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,793,445 times
Quote:
Universalism's allure is that it demands nothing of us.

Salvation that costs nothing.

The end of the world is just a big birthday party where everybody gets a prize for no reason.
Who's demanding anything from you? Do you hear voices? There is no one to 'hear'.....and there is not any cost to just being human. Life itself is cost enough. I cannot get over your arrogance when you 'confess' your deep dark sins to some regular Joe Schmo human who should not be called 'Father'. You know he's gonna go home and tell Karen. Must be a burden for priests to carry all those other people's sins around with them. I venture to say it's probably nightmare-ish.

Good grief man! Read your own post again and get a grip! You think because you say 10000 hail Mary's you are one of the elect? I'll phone my Grandmother in heaven, she's probably got connections.

Last edited by Northsouth; 08-24-2022 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: dyslexia

Old 08-25-2022, 03:17 AM

678 posts, read 204,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Imagine preaching that God hates most people and enjoys punishing the wicked, actually enjoys it. Not only enjoys it, is the author and finisher of endless torment. Now imagine preaching this demented doctrine and then standing before the Throne and explaining yourself.

Mystic, this is not a logic issue, the "elect" don't really care too much about the damned as long as their hides are saved. Too bad for the wicked.

Old 08-25-2022, 06:26 AM

4,631 posts, read 1,173,945 times
Universalism is a false religion because in principle it denies the seperated people of God from the rest of mankind. The church, the kingdom of Christ, the Saints, are a called out separate people from all other peoples in the world, this was typified by the nation of Israel, being a separate people from all others in the world. Lev 20:26

26 And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Deut 7:6

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

God has a special chosen people different from the world in general, hence Jesus the Saviour of the world, dint pray for the world in general, but only for those given Him out of the world Jn 17:9

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Notice these six important words "I PRAY NOT FOR THE WORLD" Now universalism denies this distinction !

Old 08-25-2022, 08:36 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
You might as well be speaking to a tree stump.

Speaking to a tree stump is like talking to yourself.

Then we laugh and laugh.

Old 08-25-2022, 08:41 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Universalism's allure is that it demands nothing of us.

Salvation that costs nothing.

The end of the world is just a big birthday party where everybody gets a prize for no reason.
Quote:
Who's demanding anything from you?
On the most basic level: My family; for which it is my responsibility to provide and care for.

Quote:
Do you hear voices?
No.

Quote:
You think because you say 10000 hail Mary's you are one of the elect?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity