Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2021, 12:06 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What went out of control is our stupid, immature human, self-centered, agendas, and self-serving rationalizations of our own desires for vengeance and control of others. It takes a very immature, primitive mind to believe that our loving Father (as revealed by Jesus) cursed our entire species because our progenitors ate fruit in disobedience and then required a blood sacrifice of an innocent human to appease Him before He could forgive us!!!!! Who the hell can buy such an utterly ignorant rationale???? Is there a flawed, fallible, but loving human Father dead or alive who would do such things to his children????
Well in that case you must be a messenger from God as Jesus was to show us what scripture we can't believe and what we can believe!

That would qualify you to rewrite the scripture under inspiration in these more modern times to get it right!

If there's anyway I can help with this undertaking let me know! I make some great coffee, maybe that would hep you work on it longer because we sure do need that rewrite right away.

Old 06-30-2021, 12:09 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
I have heard it said by some very well-known preachers that Jesus spoke more about hell than He did about Heaven, but what are the facts?

I had heard this so-called "fact" repeated many times. Every time I heard it repeated something didn’t sit right with me.

I decided to do some research to find out for myself if this was true. What I discovered was there are 1900 plus verses in the four Gospels that contain Jesus’ words. Surprisingly, only about 60 of those verses, or just three percent of them, might be construed as either directly or indirectly referring to hell.

On the other hand, there are more than three times as many verses in the Gospels in which Jesus references Heaven, eternal life, or his coming kingdom: 192 verses in all, or almost 10%.

The evidence suggests that Jesus didn’t speak about hell more than Heaven. In truth, he talked about Heaven three times more than He did about hell!

There are people who really should know better,, they seem hell-bent on insisting He did.

We do a tremendous disservice to people and insult our loving Father when we make the gospel about Heaven and hell and not about life and death.

Jesus wasn’t obsessed with people knowing about hell, His goal was for them to know His father. It isn’t the fear of hell that saves you, it is knowing Jesus the Christ that saves us!

"God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe. Command and teach this."

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 06-30-2021 at 12:27 PM..

Old 06-30-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
I have heard it said by some very well-known preachers that Jesus spoke more about hell than He did about Heaven, but what are the facts?

I had heard this so-called "fact" repeated many times. Every time I heard it repeated something didn’t sit right with me.

I decided to do some research to find out for myself if this was true. What I discovered was there are 1900 plus verses in the four Gospels that contain Jesus’ words. Surprisingly, only about 60 of those verses, or just three percent of them, might be construed as either directly or indirectly referring to Hell.

On the other hand, there are more than three times as many verses in the Gospels in which Jesus references Heaven, eternal life, or his coming kingdom: 192 verses in all, or almost 10%.

The evidence suggests that Jesus didn’t speak about Hell more than Heaven. In truth, he talked about Heaven three times more than He did about Hell!

There are people who really should know better,, they seem hell-bent on insisting He did.

We do a tremendous disservice to people and insult our loving Father when we make the gospel about Heaven and Hell and not about life and death.

Jesus wasn’t obsessed with people knowing about Hell, His goal was for them to know His father. It isn’t the fear of Hell that saves you, it is knowing Jesus the Christ that saves us!

"God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe. Command and teach this."
If you use the internet as your source, Jesus used the word "Hell" over 70 times.

He used the term "kingdom of heaven" 32 times.

Old 06-30-2021, 12:42 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Well in that case you must be a messenger from God as Jesus was to show us what scripture we can't believe and what we can believe!

That would qualify you to rewrite the scripture under inspiration in these more modern times to get it right!

If there's anyway I can help with this undertaking let me know! I make some great coffee, maybe that would hep you work on it longer because we sure do need that rewrite right away.
Charlie, you know enough scripture to use the Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus to reinterpret the scripture using the context of our agape loving Father as Jesus revealed. Try it. Stop thinking God is a wrathful, vengeful War God who needs to be appeased by blood sacrifice when you read the verses. Ask yourself what could the verse be trying to communicate if it is NOT from a wrathful and vengeful God but from an agape-loving Father.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Charlie, you know enough scripture to use the Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus to reinterpret the scripture using the context of our agape loving Father as Jesus revealed. Try it. Stop thinking God is a wrathful, vengeful War God who needs to be appeased by blood sacrifice when you read the verses. Ask yourself what could the verse be trying to communicate if it is NOT from a wrathful and vengeful God but from an agape-loving Father.
If I did that I would be blinding myself to plainly written scripture.

I take all scripture in whether I like it or not.

Do you think that I enjoy reading in the scripture that most of the world is going to hell as Jesus said?

Do you think I enjoy reading in Rev. 20:15 that all whose names are not found written in the book of life were cast into the lake of fire, and we hear nothing else about those people.

I don't like it at all, but I didn't make the rules, and unless some of you Ur folks can prove otherwise with a foundation in scripture that those folk in hell get out, I must believe that God was serious when He said, "and I swore in my wrath, they shall not enter into my rest."

Old 06-30-2021, 01:44 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
If I did that I would be blinding myself to plainly written scripture.

I take all scripture in whether I like it or not.

Do you think that I enjoy reading in the scripture that most of the world is going to hell as Jesus said?

Do you think I enjoy reading in Rev. 20:15 that all whose names are not found written in the book of life were cast into the lake of fire, and we hear nothing else about those people.

I don't like it at all, but I didn't make the rules, and unless some of you Ur folks can prove otherwise with a foundation in scripture that those folk in hell get out, I must believe that God was serious when He said, "and I swore in my wrath, they shall not enter into my rest."
There is no such thing as "plainly written scripture," Charlie, it is all interpreted and presented from a primitive concept of God as a wrathful, vengeful War God, NOT the God revealed by Jesus. If you won't try to read it from the context of the God revealed by Jesus, you are not really trying to follow Jesus. That is not a smart plan, IMO.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
There is no such thing as "plainly written scripture," Charlie, it is all interpreted and presented from a primitive concept of God as a wrathful, vengeful War God, NOT the God revealed by Jesus. If you won't try to read it from the context of the God revealed by Jesus, you are not really trying to follow Jesus. That is not a smart plan, IMO.
May the Lord have mercy on you, Mystic, when you stand before Him and tell Him you couldn't trust His Words. I can't say exactly what will happen, but it's not going to be good for you, my friend!

Old 06-30-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

I decided to do some research to find out for myself if this was true. What I discovered was there are 1900 plus verses in the four Gospels that contain Jesus’ words. Surprisingly, only about 60 of those verses, or just three percent of them, might be construed as either directly or indirectly referring to hell.

The evidence suggests that Jesus didn’t speak about hell more than Heaven. In truth, he talked about Heaven three times more than He did about hell!

We do a tremendous disservice to people and insult our loving Father when we make the gospel about Heaven and hell and not about life and death.

Jesus wasn’t obsessed with people knowing about hell, His goal was for them to know His father. It isn’t the fear of hell that saves you, it is knowing Jesus the Christ that saves us!

Some poor preachers are wrong, wrong, wrong! All four (4) hell's of sheol, hades, geheena and tartarus =

In the King James Bible, the Old Testament term Sheol is translated as "Hell" 31 times, and it is translated as "the grave" 31 times. Sheol is also translated as "the pit" three times. Modern Bible translations typically render Sheol as "the grave", "the pit", or "death".

Wake up Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum !

Old 06-30-2021, 02:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
If you use the internet as your source, Jesus used the word "Hell" over 70 times.

He used the term "kingdom of heaven" 32 times.
Please, provide the chapter and verse for the word Hell that you claim Jesus used over 70 times? I don't believe you know what the hell you are talking about. You cannot take one English word and equate it to multiple words in the Hebrew and Greek. You make the same mistake, when it comes to aionios and aidios in order to appease your pet doctrines. And don't forget to provide the Greek, along with your beliefs.

Apparently, this is where you got your information:

The Bible continually warns of a place called hell. And over 70 of these references were uttered by the Lord Jesus Christ!

The Truth about hell

Note: Do not use the King James Version, as it contains to many errors.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-30-2021 at 02:23 PM..

Old 06-30-2021, 02:20 PM

Mystic my friend: when you stand in the Presence of Abba, you will have few words to say. We can join the Cherubim in their song of antiphonal chorus as they call to one another.

Holy..... Holy..... Holy

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 06-30-2021 at 02:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity