Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2021, 04:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,208,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Believing that the Bible has contradictions is the sign of an unbeliever / non-Christian.
Justbyscrapture=just silly.

Old 06-30-2021, 04:43 PM

63,850 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
So, age-abiding applies to torment but not life?

I don't think that you are being honest with the scriptures here; you are not applying the same hermeneutic across the board.
It belongs to both. It will be an indefinite period of time that will differ for each individual. Exactly How long do you want to live, anyway? A trillion years? A duodecillion years (a number equal to 1 followed by 39 zeros)? Longer? Do you have any conception of what that would be like or are you just spouting platitudes?

Old 06-30-2021, 04:43 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,849,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Justbyscrapture=just silly.
Says the one who regularly practices an abomination and contends that doing so is a reason for positive pride..

Old 06-30-2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It belongs to both. It will be an indefinite period of time that will differ for each individual. Exactly How long do you want to live, anyway? A trillion years? A duodecillion years (a number equal to 1 followed by 39 zeros)? Longer? Do you have any conception of what that would be like or are you just spouting platitudes?
I believe that the Lord promises that we will live for ever (what that means in the English).

Old 06-30-2021, 04:46 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,033,677 times
Quote:
I would not rather teach a lie.

The doctrine of eternal torments is no lie Matthew 25:46
This is your mission for today. Please tell us the 5 qualifications for "everlasting punishment" according to the Lord Jesus Christ? If you need help go to got answers.

Old 06-30-2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Believing that the Bible has contradictions is the sign of an unbeliever / non-Christian.
Believing that the contradiction-riddled Bible is the word of God instead of Jesus Christ is the sign of a non-believer in Christ!

Old 06-30-2021, 04:51 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,033,677 times
The Corner Stone for Fundagelical Dogma =

Everlasting punishment

Search = "everlasting punishment"

Results = 1 verse found (Matt. 25:46)

The five (5) qualifications for aionios kolasis/ everlasting punishment according to the Master of reconciliation =

1.________________?

2.________________?

3.________________?

4.________________?

5.________________?

I was hungry, and you gave me no meat. #1

I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink. #2

I was a stranger, and you took me not in. #3

I was naked, and you clothed me not. #4

I was sick, and in prison, and you visited me not. #5

Old 06-30-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I believe that the Lord promises that we will live for ever (what that means in the English).
So you are just spouting platitudes and not thinking about what the implications of them are. I suspected as much given your penchant for tolerating contradictory thoughts and concepts without any awareness they contradict.

Old 07-01-2021, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
The Corner Stone for Fundagelical Dogma =

Everlasting punishment

Search = "everlasting punishment"

Results = 1 verse found (Matt. 25:46)

The five (5) qualifications for aionios kolasis/ everlasting punishment according to the Master of reconciliation =

1.________________?

2.________________?

3.________________?

4.________________?

5.________________?

I was hungry, and you gave me no meat. #1

I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink. #2

I was a stranger, and you took me not in. #3

I was naked, and you clothed me not. #4

I was sick, and in prison, and you visited me not. #5
So, how does this information nullify the doctrine of everlasting punishment, in your opinion?

I think this must be the third time I have asked you this.

I got no answer from you the first two times.

Will you answer on the third?

Old 07-01-2021, 01:50 AM

Quote:
So you are just spouting platitudes and not thinking about what the implications of them are. I suspected as much given your penchant for tolerating contradictory thoughts and concepts without any awareness they contradict.
As I said to someone in another thread, one of the first things I encountered as a newborn believer was people trying to tell me that there are many contradictions in the Bible.

If I had been an unbeliever, I would have taken their word for it (I would have wanted to believe them).

But because I have the Holy Spirit, I began a journey of finding all of the apparent contradictions and reconciling them.

I have never found an apparent contradiction that does not have a reconciliation.

So then, the thoughts that you think are contradictory in all reality do not contradict each other.

They reconcile nicely when you apply other scriptural truths to the apparent contradiction.

But go ahead and try me....see if you can give me two contradictory thoughts in scripture that I can't reconcile.

If I were not able to reconcile them, it would be a new thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity