Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2021, 04:10 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times

Advertisements

Jesus is the Saviour of all men....that is who He is.

He died on the Cross for all of mankind.

This does not preclude that all of mankind will avail themselves of what He did for them.

Old 06-30-2021, 04:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
You have misinterpreted those verses.

The Bible doesn't contradict itself.
That's just silly. But unsurprising.

Old 06-30-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
in other words you would rather teach a lie because you are afraid of being eternally torment.

I won't have a problem standing before God as I tell people just how great and loving he is, you on the other hand will have to explain to God why you told people that He and Jesus missed the mark (sinned).

whose shoes would you rather be in?
I would not rather teach a lie.

The doctrine of eternal torments is no lie (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:46).

If I could honestly believe in Universalism, I would do it in a heartbeat. Who doesn't want to believe that God will save everyone?

Unfortunately, that is not the truth.

We must tell the truth that all will not be saved in order that we might save those who can be saved.

If everyone goes to heaven, then there is no hell to be saved from;

And therefore the term "saved" really has no meaning.

But because there is a hell, to be saved from it means something profound...that I will not suffer the eternal torments that I deserve because Jesus paid the penalty for my sin...He died in my place.

Opportunity to receive this will end at the moment of physial death (Hebrews 9:27).

You have been warned.

Unbelief concerning these things will only serve to put you out of the kingdom if you never receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour because of it.

You will be found to be an unbeliever and John 3:16, Daniel 12:2 tells us that you will perish eternally.

In Daniel 12:2, everlasting (definition):

עוֹלָם ʻôwlâm, o-lawm'; or עֹלָם ʻôlâm; from H5956; properly, concealed, i.e. the vanishing point; generally, time out of mind (past or future), i.e. (practically) eternity; frequentatively, adverbial (especially with prepositional prefix) always:—alway(-s), ancient (time), any more, continuance, eternal, (for, (n-)) ever(-lasting, -more, of old), lasting, long (time), (of) old (time), perpetual, at any time, (beginning of the) world (+ without end). Compare H5331, H5703.

Old 06-30-2021, 04:25 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
You blind hypocrites, open your eyes to see the choice God has laid before you. All that He has is freely given or punishment of your own choice is awaiting!
Charlie, it astounds me that you cannot recognize a "Godfather" free offer with an accompanying "Or Else!" You are following a "Godfather" God, NOT our Father God! You should be smarter than that, Charlie.

Old 06-30-2021, 04:25 PM

Quote:
only in your mind but as I showed already twice in this thread our life in Christ is much more then aionios life.

you do realize something more does not end correct?
So, age-abiding applies to torment but not life?

I don't think that you are being honest with the scriptures here; you are not applying the same hermeneutic across the board.

Old 06-30-2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:
there is a difference between the reverential awe of God and the terror of God you speak of
Terror is indeed an attitude that God wants to place within us.

2Co 5:10, For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
2Co 5:11, Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Old 06-30-2021, 04:30 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
So, age-abiding applies to torment but not life?

I don't think that you are being honest with the scriptures here; you are not applying the same hermeneutic across the board.
LOL, they don't know anything about a hermeneutic!

The UR doesn't do the rule thing, no sir!

If they did, there would be no universalists.

Old 06-30-2021, 04:31 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
You have misinterpreted those verses.
The Bible doesn't contradict itself.
That you cannot see the myriad contradictions and inconsistencies in the Bible indicates a deficiency in your cognitive processes which I have noted elsewhere as double-minded. You can actually hold contradictory thoughts and concepts in your mind without noticing they contradict. It is a strange phenomenon.

Old 06-30-2021, 04:31 PM

If going to hell is only temporal, then it is a mere slap on the wrist.

Why then, would it be more profitable to lose your hand or eye (Matthew 5:29-30) than to be cast into hell?

It seems to me like losing your hand or eye is rather permanent.

How then is the unpermanent punishment of hell worse than losing your hand or eye?

Old 06-30-2021, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That you cannot see the myriad contradictions and inconsistencies in the Bible indicates a deficiency in your cognitive processes which I have noted elsewhere as double-minded. You can actually hold contradictory thoughts and concepts in your mind without noticing they contradict. It is a strange phenomenon.
Believing that the Bible has contradictions is the sign of an unbeliever / non-Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity