Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2021, 06:54 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What kind of a God would create children to punish them forever????? What is wrong with your heart, Charlie??? Your indoctrination into the barbaric dogma has permanently broken your sense of decency and goodness if you can accept a God like the one you seem to believe in FOR ANY REASON!!!

Your problem, like Charlie's, is you have no clue what words are from Jesus and God and what words are the product of human ignorance, barbarity, and superstition. You have no clue how to tell what words are from Jesus despite His unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love. It is a travesty of theological ignorance and spiritual immaturity.
I live in the reality of scripture, Mystic. Not some dream world I've created.

You had better practice up in telling God what to believe in His Word and what not to believe.

Old 06-23-2021, 07:10 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I live in the reality of scripture, Mystic. Not some dream world I've created.
You had better practice up in telling God what to believe in His Word and what not to believe.
You better practice what you are going to say to Jesus about WHY you believed such evil crap written about Him by barbaric primitive men. Practice explaining how you could possibly misinterpret God's Holy Spirit of agape love after His many descriptions and His horrific but unambiguous demonstration of it You are the one who is going to be at a loss for words explaining why you believed what men told you about the content of the Bible instead of using what Jesus unambiguously revealed to understand God.

Old 06-23-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
You better practice what you are going to say to Jesus about WHY you believed such evil crap written about Him by barbaric primitive men. Practice explaining how you could possibly misinterpret God's Holy Spirit of agape love after His many descriptions and His horrific but unambiguous demonstration of it You are the one who is going to be at a loss for words explaining why you believed what men told you about the content of the Bible instead of using what Jesus unambiguously revealed to understand God.
I'll have a very good reason, faith that He preserved His Word.

What excuse will Mystic have? Nothing! Then the head bows and the tears begin.

Old 06-23-2021, 11:36 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
Your problem, like Charlie's, is you have no clue what words are from Jesus and God and what words are the product of human ignorance, barbarity, and superstition. You have no clue how to tell what words are from Jesus despite His unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love. It is a travesty of theological ignorance and spiritual immaturity.
You have more of a problem if you are picking and choosing what scriptures you will believe and what you won't believe.

It is what I call smorgasborg religion.

The problem with it is that your ultimate doctrine isn't going to come from God and His word; but from your own bias as to what you think the word of the Lord should say.

Thus your religion will stem from the thinking of your own heart rather than being from the Lord.

See Proverbs 28:26 (kjv).

Old 06-23-2021, 11:39 PM

Quote:
If Universalism is true, I will be glad to have been wrong when everyone enters in. I know it not to be the case. But the fact that I believe in such "evil crap", when I stand before God, will not matter if Universalism is true; because everyone enters in and therefore I will not be judged for believing in such "evil crap".

Old 06-24-2021, 12:35 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
No Scripture Continued

Magnificent Overflow =

The Master of the Glory does all things well. He clears the air of the human condition, the disordered mess of struggling humanity to set it right once and for all.

The band-aid of the Law has been swallowed by the Spirit of the living & breathing God.

Our Father Abba = magnificent overflow.

https://www.bible.com/bible/97/ROM.8.msg

"The whole of created life shall be delivered/ set free from the tyranny of change and decay..."

The Letter to the Romans is a masterpiece that speaks to us of a Day of all days when the futility of change and decay ceases with deliverance by the One who has made us subject to disobedience "not willingly", but "by reason of Him who made it so" .

The curse of sin has its limits, ultimately to be swallowed by the Lord of zao Life.

"No more let sin and sorrow grow, nor thorns infest the ground, He comes to make His blessings flow....

Far as the curse is found.

Yes, Isaac Watts wrote over 750 hymns, and was a believer in the glorious Restitution of all (ta panta).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpgaWm2pnNs

Old 06-24-2021, 02:09 AM

Love will never fail to give mankind a choice as to whether he will spend eternity with Christ or with satan.

Old 06-24-2021, 05:18 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I'll have a very good reason, faith that He preserved His Word.

What excuse will Mystic have? Nothing! Then the head bows and the tears begin.
Practice what you preach Charlie. Your holier than thou attitude needs adjusting. If you really are a child of God, get ready for a correction.

Luke 18:9-14
Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else: 10 “Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer[a]: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! 12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ 14 I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Old 06-24-2021, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Practice what you preach Charlie. Your holier than thou attitude needs adjusting. If you really are a child of God, get ready for a correction.

Luke 18:9-14
Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else: 10 “Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer[a]: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! 12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ 14 I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
I bet I do need some correction with the UR in your view, LOL.

Once again, taking scripture out of context which is the way of the UR!

I humble myself before God, not to the UR"s false claims.

You're going to get nothing but finger pointing from me, pal.

Old 06-24-2021, 05:31 AM

1,091 posts, read 278,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Love will never fail to give mankind a choice as to whether he will spend eternity with Christ or with satan.
Do you think Jesus would say that, or actually do that?

Luk 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

And if sinners can do that, how much more will the One who created man in His own image do so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity