Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2021, 09:37 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I realize many don't like to look in the mirror charlie as it exposes all their flaws. I can't help it if my post do the same thing to you.
Yeah, that's right.

Old 06-25-2021, 10:22 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Thank-you for reminding me of that. I've been caught up in another thread on the "righteousness of God" imputed "through the faith of Christ".

As wonderful as that truth is, knowing the love and mercy of God and the restitution of all things back to Himself is even more glorious to speak of. Few are willing to hear it, and even fewer are called, as you've been, to proclaim it openly. It's like a mystery that's not full understood in this age, but all will one day know it (1Tim 2:4).

Every new experience breaking upon us in our walk with the Lord lifts us into His great Being. Some are more dramatic, as our poor vision is enhanced by Him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1X0QTTtPmc&t=6s

Old 06-25-2021, 10:25 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,384,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Imagine standing before God on Judgement Day and He asks you, “Why didn’t you warn people?”

Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luke 13:3

Unless you repent, you too will all perish.
-Jesus
Jimmie we do warn people that they will be judged, but we know when Gods judgments are in the earth the WORLD will learn righteousness. Gods judgments are corrective in nature.

Now you imagine you are standing before God and God saying to you why did you teach people that I and my son missed the mark (sinned).

Old 06-25-2021, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Yeah, that's right.
I know

Old 06-25-2021, 10:38 AM

The Saviour of all Fellowship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gtanuM-V58&t=233s

"Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it."

Old 06-25-2021, 10:56 AM

No Scripture Continued...

“Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.” Rom. 12:21.

This is the way God overcomes evil, or he would not require us to overcome it in that way.

While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Here is love; not that we loved God, but that he loved us.

He makes his sun to shine on the evil and the good, and sends his rain on the just and the unjust.

All these blessings and favors are for sinful men. Our God overcomes evil by good, blesses those who curse him, and loves those who hate him.

According to Partialism, he is trying to overcome evil with threatening an everlasting evil; and if the work is not done when death closes our eyes and freezes our hearts, he will instantly place our souls in such a condition that our sins cannot be overcome with either threatening or pleading, or evil or good!

Can anything be farther from the truth? Instead of overcoming evil with good, he will, it is said, inflict an infinite series of unspeakable evils! For one evil, he will cause millions! For the evils of a few days, he will inflict an eternity of evils!

The apostle Peter tells us “not to render evil for evil, nor railing for railing; but, contrariwise, blessing.” I Peter 3:9.

If the apostle believed that the administration of the divine government was conducted on the very opposite principle – the tooth for tooth principle – and that, for the evils of a moment he will render an eternity of most excruciating agony, would he have penned that sentence?

The Bible teaches: “Say not, I will do unto him as he has done unto me.”

Does this mean that God will do worse by us than we have done by him, or better?

If better, will he cast us off in his anger to the mercy of the devil and his angels, to suffer the pains of separation from Him forever?

Old 06-25-2021, 10:59 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,334 times
Quote:
Imagine standing before God on Judgement Day and He asks you, “Why didn’t you warn people?”

Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luke 13:3

Unless you repent, you too will all perish.
-Jesus
It is our job to spread the Good News. Did Christ tell His disciples to go around and talk judgement when the message is salvation, not damnation. John the Baptist did his work, that is the exception. Scripture says it is the Holy Spirit's job to convince the world of it's sin, not ours. We are to preach good news, correct? Spread the Gospel, correct?

Old 06-25-2021, 11:44 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,781,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
It is our job to spread the Good News. Did Christ tell His disciples to go around and talk judgement when the message is salvation, not damnation. John the Baptist did his work, that is the exception. Scripture says it is the Holy Spirit's job to convince the world of it's sin, not ours. We are to preach good news, correct? Spread the Gospel, correct?
I posted what Jesus said. Here’s what the Apostle Peter said.

1 Peter 4:17

For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

And the writer of Hebrews

Hebrews 12:25

See that you do not refuse him who is speaking. For if they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape if we reject him who warns from heaven?

Old 06-25-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I posted what Jesus said. Here’s what the Apostle Peter said.

1 Peter 4:17

For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

And the writer of Hebrews

Hebrews 12:25

See that you do not refuse him who is speaking. For if they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape if we reject him who warns from heaven?

Did you happen to notice that it is the same judgment jimme. The house of God judgment is the same judgment that come on the unbeliever. So if that judgment is eternal torment what can be said of the house of God?

Old 06-25-2021, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Did you happen to notice that it is the same judgment jimme. The house of God judgment is the same judgment that come on the unbeliever. So if that judgment is eternal torment what can be said of the house of God?

My brother: the problem with boxes, when considering our Father's World, is that it leaves us with four sides that constrain us within its confines.

"Then opened He their understanding that they might understand the Scriptures."

"Opened" = dianoigō =

To thoroughly open by drawing asunder.

To arouse the faculty of understanding & desire to learn.

To thoroughly open what had been closed.

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 06-25-2021 at 02:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity