Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2021, 07:15 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
lol you did not even read that link did you, he says nothing about universal salvation, however he did say the trinity is heresy. LMAO
This is EXACTLY why everyone should just ignore Charlie. He doesn't care, he doesn't read the rebuttals, he doesn't even READ. Your arrogance and ignorance Charlie is off the scales but I think it is your stone cold heart that is need of repair even more...much more. I am done with you dude. I will skip past ANYTHING you post.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:23 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
That one was to show the Catholic connection in this one, although I meant to give both at the same time.

I thought I posted both, apparently not!

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...versalism.html
charlie the guy says he wrote the book for theological reasons, he does not believe in universal salvation so wrote a book trying to disprove it. He is not a church historian you should perhaps look at what church historians say. Philip Schaff history the the Christian church an eight volume work with over 8000 small print pages and Eusebius to name a few.

It is schaffs 8 volume work that tells us the 3 main doctrines of the early church was eternal torment, annihilation and universal salvation.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
It is a wonderful fact that none of us can do anything against the truth only for it!

It is also a fact the the earliest Church had 6 (SIX) catechetical schools.

https://salvationforall.org/7_Histor...l_schools.html
thanks for the link rose that look like a good site.

here then is the 6 i spoke of

1. Alexandria (Universalist)

2. Caesarea (Universalist)

3. Antioch (Universalist)

4. The Eastern Syrian great theological school alternating location between Edessa and Nisibis (Universalist)

5. Asia Minor (Annihilationist)

6. North Africa (Eternal Torment)

Quote:
But the North African school was not just geographically isolated, but also linguistically and culturally isolated. In terms of language, all the other schools natively spoke Greek, the language in which the New Testament was written. Because of this, they were able to interpret the biblical texts according to their natural original meanings, without needing translation. In contrast, the North African school had Latin as its native tongue. In general, its members therefore had to rely on translations, or less than perfect understandings of the foreign Greek language of the New Testament.
Can you see it charlie? the church that believed in eternal torment had to rely on translations of the original language, much as you do because if one takes scripture back to the original language one could not help but see the salvation of all.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:42 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
This is EXACTLY why everyone should just ignore Charlie. He doesn't care, he doesn't read the rebuttals, he doesn't even READ. Your arrogance and ignorance Charlie is off the scales but I think it is your stone cold heart that is need of repair even more...much more. I am done with you dude. I will skip past ANYTHING you post.
There is an excellent feature on C.D.: the ignore button. It clears the junk off our screens.

There are a few things that are foundations for walking with God.

1. Humility of spirit.

2. Hunger to grasp more of God.

3. A simple obedience.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I understand your frustration zero. I have a little more patience with those who believe in eternal torment as it took over 30 years of discussions on these topics before my mom finally accepted the salvation of all as being true. Now when I get tired of the battle that always rages on these subject my mom say keep posting because even if you don't reach the one you are speaking to you just might reach someone who just reads.

Besides charlie is doing a good job of undermining, instead of promoting eternal torment with his posts.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:51 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
thanks for the link rose that look like a good site.

here then is the 6 i spoke of

1. Alexandria (Universalist)

2. Caesarea (Universalist)

3. Antioch (Universalist)

4. The Eastern Syrian great theological school alternating location between Edessa and Nisibis (Universalist)

5. Asia Minor (Annihilationist)

6. North Africa (Eternal Torment)
Pneuma: This glorious message of our God continues to expand us into Him. It began for me over 50 years ago in a fellowship that received 100's of spiritual songs. We were singing of that which none of us fully grasped....all creation is coming home, home to the Father, home to the Son, all creation is coming home.

https://www.ccel.org/s/schaff/history/About.htm

Old 06-26-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Pneuma: This glorious message of our God continues to expand us into Him. It began for me over 50 years ago in a fellowship that received 100's of spiritual songs. We were singing of that which none of us fully grasped....all creation is coming home, home to the Father, home to the Son, all creation is coming home.

https://www.ccel.org/s/schaff/history/About.htm
good link rose, I own the complete set in hard copy.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:58 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,170 times
Quote:
charlie the guy says he wrote the book for theological reasons, he does not believe in universal salvation so wrote a book trying to disprove it. He is not a church historian you should perhaps look at what church historians say. Philip Schaff history the the Christian church an eight volume work with over 8000 small print pages and Eusebius to name a few.

It is schaffs 8 volume work that tells us the 3 main doctrines of the early church was eternal torment, annihilation and universal salvation.
UR has always been the minority belief in Christianity. Origen was probably the most famous for teaching that eternal restoration was for all including Satan! This is what led to declaring heresy on UR.

You can find whatever you want to believe on the internet, here is the position I believe holds the most water.

https://jamesattebury.wordpress.com/...-early-church/

Old 06-26-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
UR has always been the minority belief in Christianity. Origen was probably the most famous for teaching that eternal restoration was for all including Satan! This is what led to declaring heresy on UR.

You can find whatever you want to believe on the internet, here is the position I believe holds the most water.

https://jamesattebury.wordpress.com/...-early-church/
Again you are posting a non historian telling you what you want to here, try a actual church historian charlie. He is correct on one thing Origen was a firm believer in the salvation of all.

However his belief in the salvation of all was not why his teaching was declared heresy, it was his belief that we are spiritual beings who fell that was condemned.

Your link is twisting facts or outright lying charlie

Old 06-26-2021, 08:17 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
UR has always been the minority belief in Christianity.
There are few that overcome eternal damnation; and walk the narrow path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity