Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2021, 08:45 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times

Advertisements

People make choices all of the time.

They can even disregard warnings from the word of God and from people who are filled with the Holy Ghost, and choose to believe in lies, because those lies are more comfortable for them to believe in.

But their believing in lies does not in any way change the truth; and if they think that they can live an unholy life and they will still go to heaven (because they believe that everyone goes to heaven), they will be in for a rude awakening on their day of judgment.

Old 06-21-2021, 09:01 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

They can even disregard warnings from the word of God and from people who are filled with the Holy Ghost, and choose to believe in lies, because those lies are more comfortable for them to believe in.

But their believing in lies does not in any way change the truth; and if they think that they can live an unholy life and they will still go to heaven (because they believe that everyone goes to heaven), they will be in for a rude awakening on their day of judgment.

Old 06-21-2021, 09:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
You have not studied the scripture Mystic, that I know for sure!

No wonder why with your attitude toward the authors.
Your ignorance says that it is you who have not studied the Scriptures.
Tell me, Charlie24, why is the Lake (of fire) a haven or place of safety?

Old 06-21-2021, 09:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

I have no doubt that you will be the one in for a rude awakening.

Old 06-21-2021, 09:47 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Old 06-22-2021, 04:04 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
No Scriptures Continued

The words of Jesus are of such a character that, when he preached, the people “wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth.” - Luke 4:22.

Is there any grace in the dogma of everlasting condemnation?

If there is not, he did not preach it; for, “gracious words” were spoken by him.

Jesus taught that God is the Father of mankind, in truth as well as in name; that his name and nature are love; and that he will finally deliver his offspring from the sorrows and imperfections of earth, and exalt them home to the Father.

The people were not accustomed to such “gracious words.”

Jesus tells us not to take anxious thought of the future. -Matt. 6:25-34.

We should trust in God. He is able and willing to save us, and he has solemnly promised that he will.

God, immediately after the flood, told Noah that, “While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night, shall not cease.” Gen. 8:22.

Would it not be impious to doubt the fulfillment of this promise? To be anxious about the return of the seasons, and of day and night?

It certainly would.

It is equally impious to be fearful that God will not provide for our eternal well being.

All that is required of us is, “to deal justly, love mercy, and walk humbly before God.”

He will provide for us hereafter.

Our destiny is in His keeping.

Old 06-22-2021, 11:56 PM

No Scripture Continued

Jesus reproved the Pharisees for shutting up the kingdom of heaven against men.

“Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor suffer them that are entering to go in.” Matt. 23:13.

They were never guilty of shutting up the kingdom of hell – they were perfectly willing that it should be kept open, and that many should go in; but the door of the kingdom of heaven they endeavored to close against all who did not think and do as they did.

How many there are in this day just like the Scribes and Pharisees of old! They open hell and shut heaven to most of mankind.

Elsewhere Christ said to his disciples, “Beware of the doctrine of the Scribes and Pharisees.” Jesus labored, preached, suffered, died, rose from the dead, and ascended on high, that all might enter his kingdom.

We are informed that “he shall see of the travail of his soul, and be satisfied.” All, then, will finally enter the kingdom of heaven.

Peter was instructed in a vision, that all mankind came from heaven; that they are, while on earth, protected by heavenly power; and that they “all will be drawn up again into heaven.” Acts 10:10-16.

The same truth is taught by the Apostle Paul, when he says, “For of him (God), and through him, and to him, are all things.” -Rom. 11:36

God is the Source, Guide and Goal of the all: the ta panta.

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 06-23-2021 at 12:10 AM..

Old 06-23-2021, 12:19 AM

The Saviour of All Fellowship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gtanuM-V58&t=233s

"The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare the way of the Lord, make His paths straight. Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; and all flesh shall see the salvation of God. "

Old 06-23-2021, 04:51 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Please describe the nature of that rude awakening.

If you are right then everyone goes to heaven including myself; I will not therefore be punished for believing what God says about the doctrine of hell and then the lake of fire as the destination of those who reject faith in Christ and what He did for them on the Cross.

But if I am right then your believing in Universalism is not going to change your fate that I have above mentioned.

Therefore, you who believe that everyone goes to heaven, will be in for a rude awakening when you are cast into hell.

While if I am right and hell is a real place, I will not be rudely awakened if I am cast therein, for I at least have believed that the place exists.

Now, if everyone goes to hell, then I may be rudely awakened if that is the case, for I believe that I am not going to hell on the basis of my faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for me on the Cross.

So, are you contending that everyone goes to hell?

If not, how will I be rudely awakened?

Old 06-23-2021, 06:13 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
No Scriptures Continued

The words of Jesus are of such a character that, when he preached, the people “wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth.” - Luke 4:22.

Is there any grace in the dogma of everlasting condemnation?

If there is not, he did not preach it; for, “gracious words” were spoken by him.

Jesus taught that God is the Father of mankind, in truth as well as in name; that his name and nature are love; and that he will finally deliver his offspring from the sorrows and imperfections of earth, and exalt them home to the Father.

The people were not accustomed to such “gracious words.”

Jesus tells us not to take anxious thought of the future. -Matt. 6:25-34.

We should trust in God. He is able and willing to save us, and he has solemnly promised that he will.

God, immediately after the flood, told Noah that, “While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night, shall not cease.” Gen. 8:22.

Would it not be impious to doubt the fulfillment of this promise? To be anxious about the return of the seasons, and of day and night?

It certainly would.

It is equally impious to be fearful that God will not provide for our eternal well being.

All that is required of us is, “to deal justly, love mercy, and walk humbly before God.”

He will provide for us hereafter.

Our destiny is in His keeping.
What a great God we have. Give God all the credit...our births, our lives.....our destiny. THIS is why the 1st commandment says we must love the Lord God with all of our hearts and minds, not because He is needy or demands it, because He is the ONLY one who never quit watching over us, who never stopped loving us, who else can make that claim? This is why HE is worthy, let me ask each person reading this...who loves you more than God? Who do you know who will NEVER abandon you? Who else do you know who is jealous for you, someone that wants all of your time and fellowship? THIS is why HE is worthy and we'll be singing and praising His name for eternity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity