Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2021, 06:20 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
What a great God we have. Give God all the credit...our birth, our lives.....our destiny. THIS is why the 1st commandment says we must love the Lord God with all of our hearts and minds, not because He is needy or demands it, because He is the ONLY one who never quit watching over us, who never stopped loving us, who else can make that claim? This is why HE is worthy, let me ask each person reading this...who loves you more than God? Who do you know who will NEVER abandon you? THIS is why HE is worthy.
I was thinking more along the lines of Him being worthy of our love by giving His Son to pay our sin debt, to die in our place that we might have life, that is, those who will trust Him.

Old 06-23-2021, 06:44 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
What a great God we have. Give God all the credit...our births, our lives.....our destiny. THIS is why the 1st commandment says we must love the Lord God with all of our hearts and minds, not because He is needy or demands it, because He is the ONLY one who never quit watching over us, who never stopped loving us, who else can make that claim? This is why HE is worthy, let me ask each person reading this...who loves you more than God? Who do you know who will NEVER abandon you? Who else do you know who is jealous for you, someone that wants all of your time and fellowship? THIS is why HE is worthy and we'll be singing and praising His name for eternity

Would He loves us exceedingly abundantly beyond all we can think describe a measure of His excessive love?

God is Love: Love never fails, EVER !

Old 06-23-2021, 06:46 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of Him being worthy of our love by giving His Son to pay our sin debt, to die in our place that we might have life, that is, those who will trust Him.
Both the debt and debtor are on man, not God. There is a universal law that states what a man believes in in his heart IS his reality. If he believes God is angry and he himself is broken, he is exactly that..period. So how does God save us then? This is why Jesus came, to fix us, not appease an angry God. The shock value of the cross was the only way God could get through to our savage and hardened hearts. This was His sacrifice, for us. Author and finisher of our faith Charlie, if you can boast about how YOU decided to trust Jesus Charlie then we are responsible for our own salvation. No man can brag. You are bragging because you say you were smart enough to trust Him. It was God who gave this to you, No man can boast, ever.

Old 06-23-2021, 06:51 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
Both the debt and debtor are on man. There is a universal law that states what a man believes in his heart IS his reality. If he believes God is angry and he himself is broken, he is exactly that..period. So how does God save us then? This is why Jesus came, to fix us, not appease an angry God. The shock value of the cross was the only way God could get through to our savage and hardened hearts. This was His sacrifice.
What does the scripture say we are saved from?

There has to be a reason, right?

Old 06-23-2021, 07:25 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Both the debt and debtor are on man, not God. There is a universal law that states what a man believes in in his heart IS his reality. If he believes God is angry and he himself is broken, he is exactly that..period. So how does God save us then? This is why Jesus came, to fix us, not appease an angry God. The shock value of the cross was the only way God could get through to our savage and hardened hearts. This was His sacrifice, for us. Author and finisher of our faith Charlie, if you can boast about how YOU decided to trust Jesus Charlie then we are responsible for our own salvation. No man can brag. You are bragging because you say you were smart enough to trust Him. It was God who gave this to you, No man can boast, ever.
That’s not biblical. Where do you get this from?

Old 06-23-2021, 07:54 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That’s not biblical. Where do you get this from?
Proverbs 23:7
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.

Mark 6:5-6
He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. He was amazed at their lack of faith. Then Jesus went around teaching from village to village.

John 8:15
Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

What I learned from reading hundreds of NDEs.... We judge ourselves after we die, not God but God loves us unconditionally. God is love and will save us from ourselves.

See what I am trying to say in all of these verses? It is our belief that determines everything... our future is like a blank canvas. We paint our own reality based on our beliefs. That is why even Jesus could only do a few miracles in certain villages. So if man believes in his heart he is fallen, he is. That is why the cross was needed, as a shock treatment to our belief system. Now, the 'scoundrel' thinks to himself...well, Jesus paid the debt, I am no longer fallen. Guess what..as a man believeth in his heart.....so he is.

Last edited by Zero 7; 06-23-2021 at 08:02 AM..

Old 06-23-2021, 08:51 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Proverbs 23:7
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.

Mark 6:5-6
He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. He was amazed at their lack of faith. Then Jesus went around teaching from village to village.

John 8:15
Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

What I learned from reading hundreds of NDEs.... We judge ourselves after we die, not God but God loves us unconditionally. God is love and will save us from ourselves.

See what I am trying to say in all of these verses? It is our belief that determines everything... our future is like a blank canvas. We paint our own reality based on our beliefs. That is why even Jesus could only do a few miracles in certain villages. So if man believes in his heart he is fallen, he is. That is why the cross was needed, as a shock treatment to our belief system. Now, the 'scoundrel' thinks to himself...well, Jesus paid the debt, I am no longer fallen. Guess what..as a man believeth in his heart.....so he is.
I too have read many NDEs, but I’m not going to base my theology on that. You remember the parable of the Pharisee and the sinner.

Luke 18

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Old 06-23-2021, 09:10 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I too have read many NDEs, but I’m not going to base my theology on that. You remember the parable of the Pharisee and the sinner.

Luke 18

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

When you see God in your neighbor you see with the eyes of God not with the eyes of the proud or the eyes of a sinner.

You ever heard of a humble boast ?.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
What does the scripture say we are saved from?

There has to be a reason, right?
Welcome to the perfect equation!

"By the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

Note

1. Judgment has come upon all. (the radical all) to condemnation.

2. Justification of life applies to (the identical all) of condemnation.

3. Many made sinners = many made righteous.

Polus = polus = polus = polus

Old 06-23-2021, 10:44 AM

No Scriptures Continued

“Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was; but the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.” Eccl. 12:7.

Mankind is of Divine origin & while on earth, under divine protection. When they leave this world they return to that great and good Being who created and sustains them.

Jesus declares, “If I be lifted up from the earth, I will draw all unto me.” John 12:32.

It is also written, “Therefore, as by the offense of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation, even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.” - Rom. 5:18.

NOTE

The judgment to condemnation came upon all men. None are excepted – all were condemned.

The free gift, with justification of life, also came upon all men. The free gift of eternal life is to be equal in extent to condemnation, and all are to enjoy eternal life.

Polus = polus = a perfect equation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity