Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2021, 08:29 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Yes, and it's due to indoctrination. It happens to all of us. None of us are immune from it. The flesh within us, though crucified, is not yet dead. We only understand scripture in the light of the doctrines, dogma and "spirit" of what we've been taught. And until revelation from Jesus Himself, that is the Holy Spirit, comes to us there is really no other way to "see" and "hear" it.
We all in the natural realm of flesh have boxes that attempt to enclose the God of Pi. We search and search for the last digit, but alas, the God of exceedingly beyond all we can think cannot be contained.

https://www.piday.org/million/

"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures.”

Opened = dianoigō =

To open thoroughly (the eyes & ears) by drawing asunder.

To open what was previously closed to understand.

Old 04-28-2021, 09:44 AM

1,091 posts, read 278,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
We all in the natural realm of flesh have boxes that attempt to enclose the God of Pi. We search and search for the last digit, but alas, the God of exceedingly beyond all we can think cannot be contained.

https://www.piday.org/million/

"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures.”

Opened = dianoigō =

To open thoroughly (the eyes & ears) by drawing asunder.

To open what was previously closed to understand.
Thank-you for that text. It's also one of my favorites. You've been a real blessing to my soul with your posts. Two revelations I received from Christ, and I believe all in Christ do receive them, had to do with the trinity and universal reconciliation. What I saw, shortly after being born of God, was Jesus standing in the heavens, alone. But it was not until years later that I could understand what I saw. Similar to the text you've quoted. For me, there is no trinity as I was taught, at least not in the traditional sense of the word. It's Jesus only. And Him alone.

He is the Father, He is the Son and He is the Holy Spirit. And I don't even try to explain it, I can't. But I know it, because He showed it to me. And I'm not going to deny what I saw and what He revealed to me.

It's the same thing with the reconciliation of all back to Christ, Who created all things for Himself. And, I'm not going to deny it either.

Old 04-28-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Thank-you for that text. It's also one of my favorites. You've been a real blessing to my soul with your posts. Two revelations I received from Christ, and I believe all in Christ do receive them, had to do with the trinity and universal reconciliation. What I saw, shortly after being born of God, was Jesus standing in the heavens, alone. But it was not until years later that I could understand what I saw. Similar to the text you've quoted. For me, there is no trinity as I was taught, at least not in the traditional sense of the word. It's Jesus only. And Him alone.

He is the Father, He is the Son and He is the Holy Spirit. And I don't even try to explain it, I can't. But I know it, because He showed it to me. And I'm not going to deny what I saw and what He revealed to me.

It's the same thing with the reconciliation of all back to Christ, Who created all things for Himself. And, I'm not going to deny it either.
My brother: I love Spirit of God happenings! Thank you for your post.

Nearly 40 years ago a dear friend of mine was hammering (with words) on his precious S.B. mother at a family gathering. His mother was an absolute sweetheart, but due to her religious background believed any who in this present life did not receive Christ, were doomed to everlasting torment. I sat over in a corner listening without saying a word.

My friend owned the company Rosey was working for. While doing an absolutely dirty, nasty job of cutting a trench across concrete, I was thinking of the previous night. Out of the blue, the Presence of the Living One settled upon me as He spoke 6 words that set me on a course that radically changed my limited vision of Him & His mighty purpose within Himself.

My God! I thought the lightning that hit me on two separate occasions was mild compared with that glorious moment. I could not eat for days, I was a wreck. I vowed to Him that day I would never express to anyone what He said. Alas, the Fire was burning in a blaze within me.

I am so slow, it takes a heavenly encounter of lightning and a few words from His glory to awaken my broken being. Some day, when you get a moment to read the Consuming Fire by George MacDonald, and get to the last page of the last two paragraphs, you will behold what he wrote nearly 100 years earlier, & what our glorious Father disclosed to Rosey on that fateful day in my journey into Abba.

May He continue to expand us in His mighty unction! !

Old 04-28-2021, 11:44 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,334 times
Quote:

This is what I believe as well. There is only one God. Jesus said - "I Am"

Old 04-28-2021, 02:09 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times
It should be clear that when people are cast into the furnace of everlasting fire, that there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:46).

Old 04-28-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
This is what I believe as well. There is only one God. Jesus said - "I Am"
Jesus the Christ is indeed the I AM, not the I was, or the I am going to be.

I AM !

Old 04-28-2021, 02:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It should be clear that when people are cast into the furnace of everlasting fire, that there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:46).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5qIJ94j_0E

Old 04-28-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
The Lake of Fire

Fire is the essence of God. It is not a characteristic of His Being.

The Lake is not hell, (all 4 of them). Hells final destination is the Lake of Fire.

The koine Greek defines the Lake with important ingredients, theion and theioo, both of which are rooted in the Source, Theos.

Theion = Divine Fire

The Lake of Fire and Brimstone signifies a fire burning with brimstone; the 'brimstone' or sulphur defines the character of the fire. The Greek word theion translated 'brimstone' is exactly the same word, theion, which means 'divine.' -Charles Pridgeon
The koine theion is the incense of Jehovah and with theioo is rooted in Theos.

The Lake of Fire is the incense of Jehovah rooted firmly in Theos. Make no mistake: our God is consuming fire; the Limne of Theos is consuming fire in which every last element of sin and iniquity is consumed: every last rotten bit!

The association of fire with purification in both Old and New Covenants is easily traceable. In the Old Covenant the prophetic analogy of silver being purified by fire is classically representative of the purification theme of the Bible.

St. Paul, gets to the heart of the matter when he writes about every mans work being tried by fire, yet the man, himself, being saved.

***NOTE: "saved".

St. John, makes it a point to call the Lake of Pur/ the Lake of Fire, but also of brimstone, which is an old word for sulfur. Sulfur being a common agent of ceremonial purification in temples of worship in ancient times.

Destruction or purification?

Neither scripture nor science recognizes the destruction of anything in the sense of annihilation, that is, of anything being reduced to a state of absolute nothingness. Destruction does not render anything nonexistent, but rather incapable of carrying out its function, as in the destruction of a tank in warfare. The mass of metal is still there, but it can't function as a tank any longer.

Even if you were to vaporize the tank completely, yet, its intrinsic elements would still exist in other forms. Contrary to conventional theology, all things were not created from nothing, and none of the things that have been created will ever face nonexistence, and by that I mean nonexistence in any form. All created things are subject to change, change in form, but not subject to losing their intrinsic existence.

What we have in the process of purification by fire is, first, a separation of the object of purification from all that defiles it, all that is foreign to its intrinsic constitution, and then the removal of the corrupting element.

Old 04-28-2021, 02:59 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times
Truly, those who are overcomers in the church of Smyrna "will not be hurt of the second death." (Revelation 2:11, Ecclesiastes 8:5).

This implies that those who are not overcomers in the church of Smyrna will be hurt of it.

Old 04-28-2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Truly, those who are overcomers in the church of Smyrna "will not be hurt of the second death." (Revelation 2:11, Ecclesiastes 8:5).

This implies that those who are not overcomers in the church of Smyrna will be hurt of it.
The fact is the only ones NOT "hurt" by the Lake of all lakes, (AKA the Lake of Fire), is the overcomer, those who follow the Lamb in the withersoever of His glorious path!

Hurt = adikeō

The overcomer follows the Lamb withersoever He goes. They have been hurt over and over and over again. There is nothing left to adikeō.

"God will not look you over for medals, degrees or diplomas, but for scars."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity