Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2021, 05:49 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Jesus is the Saviour of all men....that is who He is.

He died on the Cross for all of mankind.

This does not preclude that all of mankind will avail themselves of what He did for them.
Then He is not the saviour of ALL mankind but only the potential saviour of ALL men.

Why is it you have to add to the scripture something not said in them to get your doctrine of devils?

Old 07-01-2021, 06:12 AM

Quote:
I would not rather teach a lie.

The doctrine of eternal torments is no lie (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:46).

If I could honestly believe in Universalism, I would do it in a heartbeat. Who doesn't want to believe that God will save everyone?

You have been given many times in this thread showing aion and its adjective do not mean eternal, yet you close you eyes to the truth and would rather believe the lie that God and Jesus missed their mark (sinned) and you call that truth? OPEN your eyes to that which you are teachng.

Quote:
Unfortunately, that is not the truth.
Unfortunately you are blind to the truth as is evident by your belief the God and Jesus missed their mark (sinned)

Quote:
We must tell the truth that all will not be saved in order that we might save those who can be saved.

while you might teach in order to save some I teach in order to save ALL.

Quote:
If everyone goes to heaven, then there is no hell to be saved from;

And therefore the term "saved" really has no meaning.
we are saved out of death, not from death, get your facts straight if you are going to be a teacher.

Quote:
But because there is a hell, to be saved from it means something profound...that I will not suffer the eternal torments that I deserve because Jesus paid the penalty for my sin...He died in my place.
Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, it is a done deal, yet you do not believe Jesus died in the place of the whole world. You are building again the middle wall of partition that Jesus broke down, you are fighting against God.

Quote:
Opportunity to receive this will end at the moment of physial death (Hebrews 9:27).
that scripture actually undoes all you believe, for if man is appointed to die once then there is no such thing as the second death. However there is the second death which should tell you your understanding of that verse is in error.

Quote:
You have been warned.
you have misunderstood the scriptures you teach from.

Quote:
Unbelief concerning these things will only serve to put you out of the kingdom if you never receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour because of it.
In just about every post you tell people God and Jesus missed the mark (sinned) so who is it that walks in unbelief?

Quote:
You will be found to be an unbeliever and John 3:16, Daniel 12:2 tells us that you will perish eternally.
well if that is the case I hope you enjoy your time there.

Quote:
In Daniel 12:2, everlasting (definition):

עוֹלָם ʻôwlâm, o-lawm'; or עֹלָם ʻôlâm; from H5956; properly, concealed, i.e. the vanishing point; generally, time out of mind (past or future), i.e. (practically) eternity; frequentatively, adverbial (especially with prepositional prefix) always:—alway(-s), ancient (time), any more, continuance, eternal, (for, (n-)) ever(-lasting, -more, of old), lasting, long (time), (of) old (time), perpetual, at any time, (beginning of the) world (+ without end). Compare H5331, H5703
I thought you said we could not trust scholars, please make up your mind.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:14 AM

Quote:
So, age-abiding applies to torment but not life?

I don't think that you are being honest with the scriptures here; you are not applying the same hermeneutic across the board.
that you think I said that shows you did not read what I wrote, it applies to both. Our life in Christ is MUCH MORE then that of age abiding life.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:21 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
You have been given many times in this thread showing aion and its adjective do not mean eternal, yet you close you eyes to the truth and would rather believe the lie that God and Jesus missed their mark (sinned) and you call that truth? OPEN your eyes to that which you are teachng.

Unfortunately you are blind to the truth as is evident by your belief the God and Jesus missed their mark (sinned)

while you might teach in order to save some I teach in order to save ALL.

we are saved out of death, not from death, get your facts straight if you are going to be a teacher.

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, it is a done deal, yet you do not believe Jesus died in the place of the whole world. You are building again the middle wall of partition that Jesus broke down, you are fighting against God.

that scripture actually undoes all you believe, for if man is appointed to die once then there is no such thing as the second death. However there is the second death which should tell you your understanding of that verse is in error.

you have misunderstood the scriptures you teach from.

In just about every post you tell people God and Jesus missed the mark (sinned) so who is it that walks in unbelief?

well if that is the case I hope you enjoy your time there.

I thought you said we could not trust scholars, please make up your mind.
Pneuma, if you are going to base the outcome of eternity on a few Greek words, surly you have scripture that provides a foundation for it.

If you don't.................what value is it? We are talking about the soul of man and it's destination without end.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Terror is indeed an attitude that God wants to place within us.

2Co 5:10, For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
2Co 5:11, Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
You mistake terror for reverence or respect

2. reverence, respect (for authority, rank, dignity): Romans 13:7; 1 Peter 2:18; 1 Peter 3:16 (15); ἡ ἐν φόβῳ ἀναστροφή, behavior coupled with (cf. ἐν, I. 5 e.) reverence for one's husband, 1 Peter 3:2; φόβος with a genitive of the object: τοῦ κυρίου, Acts 9:31; 2 Corinthians 5:11; Χριστοῦ, Ephesians 5:21 (not Rec.); Θεοῦ, Romans 3:18; 2 Corinthians 7:1; (Ephesians 5:21 Rec.); Θεοῦ is omitted as suggested by the context, 1 Peter 1:17; (often in the O. T. יְהוָה יִרְאַת and אֱלֹהִים יִרְאַת). (Synonyms: see δειλία, δέος, at the end; cf. φοβέω.)

Old 07-01-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
LOL, they don't know anything about a hermeneutic!

The UR doesn't do the rule thing, no sir!

If they did, there would be no universalists.
if you or your teacher actually read what I wrote....or could actually understand what I wrote then all the peaces fit together nicely.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That you cannot see the myriad contradictions and inconsistencies in the Bible indicates a deficiency in your cognitive processes which I have noted elsewhere as double-minded. You can actually hold contradictory thoughts and concepts in your mind without noticing they contradict. It is a strange phenomenon.
that is why I keep bring up their belief that God and Jesus missed their mark (sinned) as it contradict scripture and is why neither one of them address it. but other might be able to actually see it

Old 07-01-2021, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Believing that the Bible has contradictions is the sign of an unbeliever / non-Christian.
believing God and Jesus missed their mark (sinned) is a sign of an unbeliever.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Rose, I'm not a universalist as you well know! I'm not sure what passage of scripture is considered to be the bread and butter of universalism. You guys have several of them. If you would find that passage of scripture and post it for me, I would like to give commentary on it.

Just whatever you may think is the best passage you guys have, send it on over, thank you!
Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN, first of those that believe, this command and teach.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:44 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Eternal Destruction

Dr. Marvin Vincent

“They will be punished with eternal destruction (olethron aionion), forever separated from the Lord and from his glorious power.” (2 Thes. 1:9, NLT)

“who shall suffer justice — destruction age-during (olethron aionion) — from the face of the Lord, and from the glory of his strength” (2 Thes. 1:9, YLT)

In the New Testament the history of the world is conceived as developed through a succession of aeons. A series of such aeon's precedes the introduction of a new series inaugurated by the Christian dispensation, and the end of the world and the second coming of Christ are to mark the beginning of another series. Eph. 1:21; 2:7; 3:9,21; 1 Cor 10:11; compare Heb. 9:26.

He includes the series of aeon's in one great aeon, ‘o aion ton aionon, the aeon of the aeons (Eph. 3:21); and the author of the Epistle to the Hebrews describe the throne of God as enduring unto the aeon of the aeon's (Heb 1:8).

The plural is also used, aeon's of the aeon's, signifying all the successive periods which make up the sum total of the ages collectively. Rom. 16:27; Gal. 1:5; Philip. 4:20, etc. This plural phrase is applied by Paul to God only.

Marvin R. Vincent: Note on ‘eternal destruction’ (Olethron Aionion) – Mercy Upon All
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity