Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2021, 06:44 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Additional Questions

12. We are commanded "to overcome evil with good," can we not safely infer that God will do the same? (Rom. 12:21)

13. Would the infliction of endless punishment be overcoming evil with good?

14. If God hates the sinner, does the sinner do wrong in hating Him?

15. Is God a changeable being? (James 1:17)

16. If God loves His enemies now, will he not always love them?

17. Is it just for God to be "kind to the evil and unthankful," in their present life? (Luke 6:35)

18. Would it be unjust for God to be kind to all men in a future state?

19. If all men justly deserve endless punishment, will not those who are saved, be saved unjustly?

20. If God "will by no means clear the guilty," by what means can just punishment be evaded? (Ex. 34:7)
There is no "safely inferring" the Word of God. That's called changing the Word of God to what YOU think should take place.

You take the Word of God for what it says which is what He says will take place, not what you think should take place.

It doesn't bother you a bit to rearrange the scripture to your liking does it, Rose?

The UR thinks, "it should be this way" and set out to do it! That's why you have no scripture for anything you say.

You are attempting to change it!

Old 07-01-2021, 07:14 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
The Magnitude of Father's Redemption

“Modern theology has so long circumvented our thinking and teaching to the biased idea that God will save only part of His creation and so limited His redemptive powers that we have forgotten that with God all things are possible and shall be wrought out in due time. God has a definite schedule for saving His creatures, and there is nothing that can withstand His purpose.

Sin was allowed for wise ends, and only after these have been secured will sin cease to exist. It is all a part of God’s purpose of the ages and redemption’s glory will only shine out the more after the plan’s execution. God never allows sin to go beyond His transforming power. God always has everything under perfect control.” -Ray Prinzing-

He has the whole world in His hands.

“ ‘And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be Saviour of the world.” (1 John 4.14.)

‘Who will have ALL MEN to be saved, and to come into a knowledge of the truth’ 1Tim. 2:4.

"This is not a pitting of man’s will against the will of God as some try to teach, with man’s will able to resist and hold out until God cannot change him, but must throw him into some eternal cesspool to be tormented.

Nay, for we read that "He is working out all things after the counsel of His own will,'’ and man cannot disannul that which HE has willed. It is God’s will that all shall come to Christ.

He is the propitiation for the sins of the whole world. -Ray Prinzing

Old 07-01-2021, 09:44 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
LOL you guys know no shame, and have no scripture to prove anything you say!

But you will argue as though I have no idea what I'm saying or doing!

I consider you the laughing stock of the all forums combined!
That is because you don't know what you are saying and doing which is painfully obvious to all reading.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:48 PM

Quote:
If it can't be explained in scripture it ain't doctrine! There must be a foundation for any doctrine plainly seen in scripture. The UR has none and I'm saying NONE for anything they say.

The Greek language is the only recourse, that's all they have. You know it and I know it.

So you have nothing and want to twist things around and make me look like the one who is swindling you.

This is how the UR got it's foot hold, lying and misleading! No one ever calls them out, but Charlie is calling you out. Show me the foundation in scripture without the makeup of Greek!
I can't believe one can be so obtuse, the foundation of scripture is the Hebrew and Greek you hate so much as it destroys the doctrine of demons you hold to .

Old 07-01-2021, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Charlie has been given many examples in scripture and has deemed them all non-existent or relying on Greek translation or whatever other excuse he can think of to deny them, Jer. There is no chance of penetrating what Trout calls their FODI.
yup and then lies and says no one gives him any scriptures. I guess part of believing in eternal torment is lying.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Jerwade, i don't know what you said, and don't really care!

I have to be direct here, and not just being rude.

You are on ignore because you have no concept whatsoever of scripture.

You are head-long and respond with some of the most ridiculous interpretations I have ever heard.

There is no way to deal with you but to shut you out, as I have done.
lmao

Old 07-01-2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
No Mystic, there are two resurrections and two judgements.

We have already talked about the first judgement from the first resurrection. That was the Judgement Seat of Christ where the saved are judged by their works, they are saved and have no fault before God. Only they are judged by their works and will receive rewards or the loss of rewards.

Here is the second resurrection and judgement of the unjust, they have been sentenced to the lake of fire. There is a span of 1000 years between these resurrections and judgements.

This is a lot of scripture but necessary for you to see the difference. You will see in vs 4 the saved from the great tribulation who will reign with Christ for 1000 years with all the saved before them.
Then in vs 5 the 1000 year span, and in vs 11 begins the judgement of the damned.

Rev. 20:20:4-15

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
nonsense

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...-judgment.html

Old 07-01-2021, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Please tell, Charlie, that it is the same fire and judgment in 1 Corinthians as in that of Revelation 20. He believes that the "lake of fire" contradicts I Tim. 2:4, and that God WILL NOT save ALL men. He also assumes that it is a different fire, which servers two different purposes, yet it is the same fire and accomplishes the same thing: PURIFICATION. Now, ask him why SULFUR? Let me just say that it is used as a bleaching compound, eliminating your sin nature, until you are white as snow, SPIRITUALLY speaking of course as it has nothing to do with the physical. The physical will have already put on immortality. It's the soul (mind, will, and emotions) of an individual that will need cleansing. What is really interesting is that you will find that Christ Jesus himself will be present in the Lake of fire, along with his ministers of flaming fire, those who have already overcome their sin nature.
Amen Jer for we become a part of the fire.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:10 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Wait a minute, let me get this right! You don't believe there is going to be a bodily resurrection from the grave? Is that correct?
That is correct, Charlie. Our carnal minded ancestors were terrified of Spirits so they would never have accepted being "born again" as Spirit. They had to be fed the "carnal milk" of a physical resurrection. The expectation was that when we spiritually matured we would understand the "spiritual solid food" that the actual rebirth would be as a Spirit. Unfortunately , the religious leaders retained the "carnal milk" as a sign of faith in God and have stifled spiritual maturity for millennia.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:35 PM

can't remember where i first read this but the numbers are staggering.

Gahanna
There are 66 books in my bible,
1,189 chapters
31,102 verses

Gahanna is mentioned 12 times in 12 verses
11 Times by Jesus, 4 of which are parallel verses so it reality Jesus only mentions Gahanna 7 times.
And once by James which makes 8 times out of 31,102 verses. That =.0002572182%

Does no one else find this rather disturbing if our eternal destiny is actually associated with this word?

One would think that if our eternal destiny was associated with Gahanna it would be the most prevalent word especially throughout the New Testament. Yet not one apostle of Jesus ever uses this word.

Strange indeed that not one apostle of Jesus ever used this word if our eternal destiny was associated with it.

Even stranger is that so many build a doctrine around a word used only .0002572182% of the time in scripture, which is never used by any of Jesus apostles.

How can the doctrines of eternal torment and annihilation be said by so many to be the doctrine of the apostles and the early church when not once did any of the apostles ever mention Gahanna.

Time for Gods children to wake up and realise God through Jesus Christ IS the saviour of ALL HUMANITY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity