Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2020, 11:07 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
I've been looking into the things concerning "spirit and flesh" for awhile now and trying to unpack it, so to speak, to better understand it. The scriptures have a way of packing it all in using only a few words that often take a whole lot of words and thinking to unpack.

When I think about these things I'm always reminded of this text:

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Oh glorious day when we shall know Him in the same vein as He knows us!

I am at a loss in attempting to "unpack" the extensive mysteries of our great and wonderful Abba. When I begin to think the unpacking is done, new pinpricks of light break on the horizon. There is a word I despise on these Christian threads. That word is "simply".

There is simply not anything of our God which is simple ! ! !

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/simple

Old 11-03-2020, 11:18 AM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
There is simply not anything of our God which is simple ! ! !

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/simple
True, Rosey, but there are many human beliefs ABOUT God that are way too simple and as a consequence also false.

Old 11-03-2020, 01:59 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
True, Rosey, but there are many human beliefs ABOUT God that are way too simple and as a consequence also false.
Mystic my friend: the vast majority of human beliefs about God are in the dimension of simple, and cascading out of their simplicity falsehoods.

The royal Road is one of progression from our limited into His unlimited.

God will meet you where you are in order to take you where He wants you to go.

Old 11-03-2020, 02:32 PM

3,061 posts, read 913,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Mystic my friend: the vast majority of human beliefs about God are in the dimension of simple, and cascading out of their simplicity falsehoods.

The royal Road is one of progression from our limited into His unlimited.

God will meet you where you are in order to take you where He wants you to go.
God will meet the goats where they are, in order to take them where He wants them to go.

Ignoring all your wannabe biblical experts, to where do the Holy Scriptures say that the Lord sends the goats, those Goats that are under God's curse?

But you reject God's word, don't you? And instead you believe the one, who wants the world to believe that everlasting death is not the penalty for sin, in fact the unrepentant wicked will never be punished by that little love doll god that your Lord has convinced those who reject the truth as revealed in the scriptures, somehow actually exists.

Try telling them that when you and they, see the door to God's kingdom, slammed shut in their face, but through all the crying and gnashing of their teeth, I very much doubt that they will hear you.

Old 11-03-2020, 04:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
God will meet the goats where they are, in order to take them where He wants them to go.

Ignoring all your wannabe biblical experts, to where do the Holy Scriptures say that the Lord sends the goats, those Goats that are under God's curse?

But you reject God's word, don't you? And instead you believe the one, who wants the world to believe that everlasting death is not the penalty for sin, in fact the unrepentant wicked will never be punished by that little love doll god that your Lord has convinced those who reject the truth as revealed in the scriptures, somehow actually exists.

Try telling them that when you and they, see the door to God's kingdom, slammed shut in their face, but through all the crying and gnashing of their teeth, I very much doubt that they will hear you.
I see that you are still smoking that golden "goat" weed of damnation which makes you delusional?

Old 11-03-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I see that you are still smoking that golden "goat" weed of damnation which makes you delusional?
Nope! Just quoting the holy scriptures that all you God haters reject, and who accuse the God of Abraham of having committed heinous crimes against humanity, and have sworn never to have anything to do with the heavenly Father of Jesus, or the prophets of who Jesus spoke so highly, but who you accuse as being primitive barbaric recorders of false stories and downright lies.

But we still love ya mate, and pray that one day you will see the error of your ways, and kneel before the Lord and beg for his forgiveness.

Old 11-03-2020, 05:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
Nope! Just quoting the holy scriptures that all you God haters reject, and who accuse the God of Abraham of having committed heinous crimes against humanity, and have sworn never to have anything to do with the heavenly Father of Jesus, or the prophets of who Jesus spoke so highly, but who you accuse as being primitive barbaric recorders of false stories and downright lies.

But we still love ya mate, and pray that one day you will see the error of your ways, and kneel before the Lord and beg for his forgiveness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzWz3En07og

Old 11-03-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Loved the movie.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:06 PM

1,091 posts, read 278,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Yep, I like that analogy, there has been a packing of information, like wheat inside a husk

We need to keep our metaphorical eyes On what the Spirit is, and what the fruits are, and also what the purpose is

There is a lot of allegory, metaphor, parable in the Scriptures which needs to be understood in context but it is only understood in part by each part, and all the parts are held together by the Spirit
I like reading your posts. I've always felt there are layers of knowledge for us to find depending on where we are in our walk with Christ. And on the surface, the scriptures are pretty straightforward, but it's not until you walk down in the valleys and up the hills that your spiritual perspective begins to change.
I've always liked this verse here:

Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

It's kind of a difficult saying to grasp, at least for me, but once you enter in through the door, you'll go "in and out" to find spiritual growth. It's not always in one direction. The door swings both ways. And we have to trust Christ to lead us even through the valleys to find pastures.

Last edited by jjGuru; 11-03-2020 at 08:14 PM..

Old 11-03-2020, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
I like reading your posts. I've always felt there are layers of knowledge for us to find depending on where we are in our walk with Christ. And on the surface, the scriptures are pretty straightforward, but it's not until you walk down in the valleys and up the hills that your spiritual perspective begins to change.
I've always liked this verse here:

Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

It's kind of a difficult saying to grasp, at least for me, but once you enter in through the door, you'll go "in and out" to find spiritual growth. It's not always in one direction. The door swings both ways. And we have to trust Christ to lead us even through the valleys to find pastures.
Once the required number of Jews and Gentiles, who are to replace the sons of that spiritual kingdom, have entered the spiritual dimension that co-exists within our three dimension world, that door will be closed and no man will be able to open it, but they who have replaced the sons of that kingdom, shall go in and out of both dimensions, as angels do.

The Gentile Roman officer had more faith than any of the Jews in Israel.

RSV--Matthew 8: 10-13; When Jesus heard him, he marveled, and said to those who followed him, “Truly, I say to you, not even in Israel have I found such faith. I tell you, many will come from east and west and sit at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.” And to the centurion Jesus said, “Go; be it done for you as you have believed.” And the servant was healed at that very moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity