Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2021, 06:24 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It is in the aorist active subjunctive - third person singular.

English: should bow.

You poor dear boy. You are in dire need of metamorphoo.

At the present moment you require eyes to see, ears to hear and a spirit to grasp what is staring you in the face.

κατ᾽ ἐμαυτοῦ ὀμνύω ἦ μὴν ἐξελεύσεται ἐκ τοῦ στόματός μου δικαιοσύνη οἱ λόγοι μου οὐκ ἀποστραφήσονται ὅτι ἐμοὶ κάμψει πᾶν γόνυ καὶ ἐξομολογήσεται πᾶσα γλῶσσα τῷ θεῷ =

“I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.”

Do you know what perfunctory and rote means yet?

Neither word describes what the triumphant Lord of reconciliation ultimately accomplishes!

"Being recognized as truly human, He humbled Himself and even stooped to die; yes, to die on a cross. It is in consequence of this that God has also so highly exalted Him, and has conferred on Him the Name which is supreme above every other, in order that in the Name JESUS every knee shall bow, of beings in heaven, of those on the earth, and of those in the underworld, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 07-25-2021 at 06:55 AM..

Old 07-25-2021, 07:47 AM

"Being recognized as truly human, He humbled Himself and even stooped to die; yes, to die on a cross. It is in consequence of this that God has also so highly exalted Him, and has conferred on Him the Name which is supreme above every other, in order that in the Name JESUS every knee shall bow, of beings in heaven, of those on the earth, and of those in the underworld, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

If you grasp what it means to be ἐν Christ Jesus our Lord, you are ready to grasp what this glorious declaration of our Lord means when every being in every dimension of heaven, earth, and underworld bow and confess ἐν His Name.

ἐν = in, not at.

Old 07-25-2021, 08:15 AM

614 posts, read 172,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It says "That every knee should bow, and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, the glory of God the Father"

Notice it does not say "shall" but "should"

And even if every tongue does confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, at the day of judgment it will be under duress and it will be too late, for many, to make a confession that might be unto salvation.
Do you need to place those people into a place where they cannot be saved? I ask that because I think there is a good reason why Jesus had to die.

You might say that a universalist would meet their end when they considered whether Jesus really had to die? You know, because God wasn't really holding anything against them. Who they would eventually become would wipe out all of the need to even remember the building process.

God could do it that way, but that wouldn't involve the victims. You have all of these victims. It turns out to be all of us. Yes, all of us. But we like to isolate each other through our accusations. That makes it seem like we aren't all part of a group. We use that "in group" and "out group" way of thinking to make ourselves feel better, by showing ourselves the contrast between ourselves and those others.

The kingdom is one of unity. Outside of it are all of those pesky people who still practice all of those "sins." There is weeping and gnashing of teeth for them. Whatever that means, it sounds visceral. You feel it in your body.

Maybe that is the meaning behind the symbolism of the tree of life on the banks of what is a not too deep stream at that point, before it becomes a river that flows over the earth. The unified thing doesn't have to be huge. It can be small, like the beginning point of the water of life. The whole of humanity, outside of deliberately constraining it so that they do, doesn't need to be priests. What does that mean for the rest of the people?

Notice I'm not saying anything about the veracity of your statement: whether the passage says every knee should or every knee shall bow. I don't know, when it comes to things like that. That's just like the word for Jesus meeting the so-called raptured in the air, whatever the word is. Did they use the one that means to meet someone and then turn and around and join them as they come to where you were? Maybe they meant, as most suppose, the one that meant to meet Jesus in the air and then Jesus turns around and goes back to heaven with all of the raptured? Clearly, there is a difference of intent.

I think we have to be careful with these things. There are doctrines of men lurking everywhere. You never know if you might fall into a personal crisis because you couldn't figure out whether you believed in Jesus because your culture imposed Him upon you, or if you believed in Him because He brought you to Him?

There isn't any difference, as long as you believe. But some people think they aren't genuine, unless they go through years of struggle. Well, it could be true that you might abandon Jesus, if He failed to meet the standards of your culture now that you can see in a new light. Yeah, people do that. New churches don't just come from universalism.

Maybe it was done out of a complex that judges itself more severely than others? It's easier to do if you harbor a small, secret loathing for yourself, like the Buddhist's disgust for their own bodies. That sort of self denial allows a clearer moral picture. You can be happy for others, as long as you don't expect the same for yourself. If you got something good, you would just stand there speechless.

PS please don't take offense at me using the word "you." That's just me thinking out loud, and projecting my philosophical questions upon an imaginary other, not asking OP, or JBF. I used it that way in the first sentence, but didn't intend to continue that usage to the other example. I don't know enough about those people to ask them those questions directly. Nor do I intend to suggest anything about them by bringing up the examples in this way.

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 07-25-2021 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: the writing process

Old 07-25-2021, 08:21 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

If you grasp what it means to be ἐν Christ Jesus our Lord, you are ready to grasp what this glorious declaration of our Lord means when every being in every dimension of heaven, earth, and underworld bow and confess ἐν His Name.

ἐν = in, not at.
The traits of the URites! Can't find scripture to confirm, so they pervert the scripture to their dream.

That's taking away the judgement of scripture, making it a lie, and we all know what happens to those who do so!

Rev. 22:19

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

Old 07-25-2021, 09:28 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
The traits of the URites! Can't find scripture to confirm, so they pervert the scripture to their dream.
That's taking away the judgement of scripture, making it a lie, and we all know what happens to those who do so!
"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
We don't take away the judgment, Charlie, we redefine it as the natural consequences of our own choices NOT a punishment imposed by God. The consequences remain, but we just reap EXACTLY what WE sow, no more and no less.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We don't take away the judgment, Charlie, we redefine it as the natural consequences of our own choices NOT a punishment imposed by God. The consequences remain, but we just reap EXACTLY what WE sow, no more and no less.
What are the consequences when you say "there is no hell?"

Old 07-25-2021, 10:36 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
What are the consequences when you say "there is no hell?"
The consequences are NOT eternal torment in Hell. We do not actually know, Charlie, but, I believe the consequences are experiencing exactly what we may have selfishly inflicted (knowingly or unknowingly, wilfully or not wilfully) on others during our life that we have not repented for. Some have called it a life review, but I suspect it is more like experiencing lives. (I imagine Hitler experiencing over 6 million lives, if not more. That might take a while.)

Old 07-25-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
The consequences are NOT eternal torment in Hell. We do not actually know, Charlie, but, I believe the consequences are experiencing exactly what we may have selfishly inflicted (knowingly or unknowingly, wilfully or not wilfully) on others during our life that we have not repented for. Some have called it a life review, but I suspect it is more like experiencing lives. (I imagine Hitler experiencing over 6 million lives, if not more. That might take a while.)
My friend/brother Mystic; there is one Name that expresses the magnitude of our God. The Name is ABBA, the most intimate name in all Canon.

If the Father of all fathers is the tormenting God, His Abba status cannot be.

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases: EVER!

Old 07-25-2021, 11:35 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:

Chatlie, the book is detailing the comings and goings of the temple from Rosh Hashanah through Shemini Atzeret, and everytime you quote the book, you twist it.

Why?

Because you dont know the religion of Jesus and his holy days being depicted in the book.

If the warning is true Charlie, you shouldnt even quote the book.

22 chapters that one could take and record the exact date on every chapter because every single chapter happens between Rosh Hashanah and Shemini Atzeret.

Revelation is filled with sayings that are only said on one day a year, and I will give an example.

Revelation
The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

This saying is only said on one day of the year, and it is specifically there to show us the date Chatlie.

Every single chapter of Revelation has a time stamp.

Every single chapter detailing specific things said and done in the temple on specific days, but Christians just live quoting Revelation completely unaware of what they are reading about

Old 07-25-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Well, we have opposite views. I can see it no other way than a literal hell from the descriptions.

Not going to argue, just disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity