Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2021, 06:26 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It reminds me of someone who is mule-headed and/or hard of hearing. And, you already know that I consider an "extreme" fundamentalist as being nothing more than a terrorist or fearmonger. But you go right on exalting yourself - believing you are being persecuted.
Like you wouldn't think it was hateful if someone created a picture like that and said that it reminded them of you.

Old 09-05-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You cannot just CLAIM NOT to be close-minded or bigoted when you ARE close-mindedly unwilling to entertain or even try to test your beliefs against what Jesus revealed on the Cross because you know it will contradict your beliefs about Him and God. That is the very definition of close-mindedness!!!
Yes, did I not say that the representation may indeed be accurate?

It is no less hateful because of its accuracy.

Old 09-05-2021, 06:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
It reminds me of someone who is mule-headed and/or hard of hearing. And, you already know that I consider an "extreme" fundamentalist as being nothing more than a terrorist or fearmonger. But you go right on exalting yourself - believing you are being persecuted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Like you wouldn't think it was hateful if someone created a picture like that and said that it reminded them of you.
I have been compared to worse things, but then I do not consider myself an extremist, nor someone who would condemn another for merely not believing. It's people like yourself who use, and damage children bringing them up to be bigoted terrorists. I am surprised that you are not actually strapping explosives to their chest; but the mentality is the same.

Old 09-05-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I have been compared to worse things, but then I do not consider myself an extremist, nor someone who would condemn another for merely not believing. It's people like yourself who use, and damage children bringing them up to be bigoted terrorists. I am surprised that you are not actually strapping explosives to their chest; but the mentality is the same.
That is one of the most ridiculous things that I have ever heard.

I am no Muslim; I do not believe that my only way into heaven might be to die in a holy war.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
That is one of the most ridiculous things that I have ever heard.

I am no Muslim; I do not believe that my only way into heaven might be to die in a holy war.
Of course not, you believe everyone else will die or be tortured for all eternity, who do not believe as you.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Of course not, you believe everyone else will die or be tortured for all eternity, who do not believe as you.
You can be a Buddhist or a Muslim and you may still go to heaven if you believe in Jesus and what He did for you on the Cross.

Jesus, before He went to the Cross, asked the Father to save mankind some other way if it were possible. it was not possible; the Father required Jesus to go to the Cross.

The Cross brings forgiveness.

Those who are not forgiven will be punished for their sins.

So yes, what you have said above is true.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:53 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
You can be a Buddhist or a Muslim and you may still go to heaven if you believe in Jesus and what He did for you on the Cross.
Jesus, before He went to the Cross, asked the Father to save mankind some other way if it were possible. it was not possible; the Father required Jesus to go to the Cross.
The Cross brings the perfect agape love of God to Jesus's HUMAN consciousness PERMANENTLY connecting all human consciousness to God something none of us could do!.
Quote:
You have no clue what God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness IS!!! You are filled with our imperfect human wrath and vengeance thinking punishment is justice. But it is NOT God's Divine Justice. God's ways are NOT our ways. You cannot escape from under the veil of wrath and vengeance from reading Moses and the OT.

You will appear before God thinking He is a wrathful and vengeful War God. He will not be pleased you so badly misunderstood His Son and deliberately REFUSED even to test what you believe against what His Son revealed on the Cross.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:19 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:

All those poor children living in countries never having read the new Testament, heck, there are still 100 uncontacted groups of tribes that have never heard of Christ.

All those people born into Hindiism, never haven been taught of Christ.

Eternal punishment for what they never heard?

What a freaking loser petty child of a God, how can he be God to be so unjust?

No mercy?

No paying for their sin?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-05-2021 at 08:34 PM..

Old 09-05-2021, 08:35 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
All those poor children living in countries never having read the new Testament, heck, there are still 100 uncontacted groups of tribes that have never heard of Christ.

All those people born into Hindiism, never haven been taught of Christ.

Eternal punishment for what they never heard?

What a freaking loser petty child of a God, how can he be God to be so unjust?

No mercy?

No paying for their sin?
It's so much easier to rattle of scripture than to actually consider the ramifications of taking every word literally. Also, that way, you can judge everybody who believes differently from you as being unworthy of God's love.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:45 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It's so much easier to rattle of scripture than to actually consider the ramifications of taking every word literally. Also, that way, you can judge everybody who believes differently from you as being unworthy of God's love.
Dude thinks I should be punished a trillion quadrillion, trillion, trillion years, and I believe in Jesus.

Would you consider that judging others?

I mean, he has no problem with me being tortured for eternity?

What did I do?

What kind of dog/swine/rat am I that my 70 years in life deserved such punishment?

That is some harsh judgement, who would follow such an evil idea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity