Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2021, 07:25 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Have YOU overcome the world Charlie? Is humility, love, charity, helping others, etc a part of your day? Are you ever sad knowing your neighbors, friends, relatives, co-workers are doomed to an eternal oven? You yourself said the gate is narrow so say bye bye to most of these poor souls.

Charlie, I know you dismiss NDEs but what from what I gathered, there is paradise where most people go and then there is Heaven itself and almost every time, it is described almost exactly like it is in Revelation with the HUGE gates, streets of gold etc. This is the throne of God, the inner court. Only a few make it here but for the rest of us saps, paradise ain't so bad, you can do anything you want basically and even this realm is beyond human understanding. Last thing, just for you, there is a bad place for the Gacy's and Jeffery Dahmers of the world. But it ain't forever, no way no how.

This is Howard Storm's NDE. Happened in 1985. He died in Paris and this story laid the foundation for me to accept UR. This is a pretty disturbing video...I know you probably won't watch and it is a bit long but I highly recommend others watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diPhrDPH8U8
I have definitely overcome the world according to scripture by faith in Jesus Christ! I am not perfect by a long shot, but by faith in Christ I have been imputed with His righteousness, not mine, and I am perfect in the sight of God!

His view of who we are in Christ is much different than our view of each other.

Old 09-02-2021, 09:33 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
Overcomers are an exclusive club of those who follow the Lamb withersoever He goes. That road is one of being hurt over and over and over again.

There is no Scripture that indicates any but the followers of the Lamb, in the withersoever, are not "hurt" by the Lake of Deity radiating with theion and theioo.

Overcomers follow the Lamb in the avenues where He goes

Old 09-02-2021, 09:37 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Overcomers are an exclusive club of those who follow the Lamb withersoever He goes. That road is one of being hurt over and over and over again.

There is no Scripture that indicates any but the followers of the Lamb, in the withersoever, are not "hurt" by the Lake of Deity radiating with theion and theioo.
There is no scripture that says those who were cast into the Lake of Fire get out either!

All you have is a perversion of the Greek to make that happen!

Old 09-02-2021, 10:01 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I have definitely overcome the world according to scripture by faith in Jesus Christ! I am not perfect by a long shot, but by faith in Christ I have been imputed with His righteousness, not mine, and I am perfect in the sight of God!

His view of who we are in Christ is much different than our view of each other.
You have not his righteousness.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:19 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
There is no scripture that says those who were cast into the Lake of Fire get out either!

All you have is a perversion of the Greek to make that happen!
Yes there is Charlie.

Charlie, every person who was ever born will stand in the lake of fire, you will either burn or not, BUT EVEN IF YOU BURN, YOU GET SAVED.

Corinthians
12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

You burn being refined, still saved with no resurrection body

The reward is recieving the immortal house you built, and Charlie, you havent built a house on stone, you better hope Corinthians is true about those being burned, being saved.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:25 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,946,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yes there is Charlie.

Charlie, every person who was ever born will stand in the lake of fire, you will either burn or not, BUT EVEN IF YOU BURN, YOU GET SAVED.

Corinthians
12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

The reward is recieving the immortal house you built, and Chatlie, you havent built a house on stone, you better hope Corinthians is true about those being burned, being saved.
Paul is addressing baptized people. It's an obvious reference to purgatory.

He's not speaking to those outside the Church, i.e. the unbaptized who are destined for hell unless they convert and are baptized.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:41 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

He's not speaking to those outside the Church, i.e. the unbaptized who are destined for hell unless they convert and are baptized.
The Hell of Christianism is a malicious deception to create fear in the gullible and ignorant, there is no such place.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:48 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,946,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Hell of Christianism is a malicious deception to create fear in the gullible and ignorant, there is no such place.
And you know this?

I've noticed you like to use the term "Christianism". How is its definition different from "Christianity" for you?

Old 09-02-2021, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

Mike: Baptism is identification into the death of our Lord. It does not save us, He does.

Purgatory in NOT a Scriptural term, but with that said, anything that fails to die of the old man nature must end.

The 2nd Death a.k.a. Lake of Fire

Our God is consuming fire. He also is the Lake of fire and deity. The two defining qualities of the Lake are theion & theioo whose foundation is none other than Theos.

Divine Justice

Our God is the God of restoration

"Unto You, O Lord, belongs mercy; for You render to every man according to his work. The religious mind, however, educated upon the theories yet prevailing in the so-called religious world, must here recognize a departure from the presentation to which they have been accustomed: to make the psalm speak according to prevalent theoretic modes, the verse would have to be changed thus:

To You, O Lord, belongs justice, for You render to every man according to his work." -George MacDonald

"Our current criminal justice system has no provision for restorative justice, in which an offender confronts the damage they have done and tries to make it right for the people they have harmed...Instead, our system of 'corrections' is about arm's-length revenge and retribution, all day and all night." - Piper Kerman

"Retributive justice is largely Western. The African understanding is far more restorative - not so much to punish as to redress or restore a balance that has been knocked askew." - Desmond Tutu

Old 09-02-2021, 11:38 AM

"Before the great white throne, that vast throng, their naked spirits conscious now of the blazing holiness of God, will be subjected to the process of the second death. What those processes are, their intensity and their duration, we are not told. They will suffice, however, not in themselves to perfect, but to bring those who suffer them to that agreement with the judgment upon sin which they effect, and through the cross finally to reconcile them to God (Col. 1:20), in a subjection where He will be all in all. When that acquiescence in judgment upon sin is reached, and applied in soul and spirit, then will be possible the final victory over death. Hence it is written that when this subjection is reached, then and only then, the last enemy, death, shall be destroyed. ~A. E. Saxby

The Lake Of Fire & Divinity =

Brimstone= theion

Divine incense (burning brimstone was regarded as having power to purify, and to ward off disease.)

Root of theion= Theos

Theion = the breath of Jehovah

The Lake of Divine Fire

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 09-02-2021 at 11:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity