Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2021, 01:38 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,020,870 times

Advertisements

The mission of Christ is to destroy the enemy and to set the prisoners free.

The word "destroy" does not mean to annihilate. In the koine Greek it means to make of no effect.

When Christ took the keys from the prison keeper, satan, lost all power and authority. Christ made his office of no effect (Heb. 2:14, 15).

While prophets of doom forecast calamity and destruction, the mind of Christ speaks and lights our world with the vision of universal restoration and reconciliation.

Paul told of a great victory where every knee would bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Paul did not say that only a small number will bow and confess, but he said every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess. And no man can call Jesus Lord but by the Holy Spirit. What a glorious day that will be when every foot steps forth in the river of life up to the ankle, and from the ankle up to the knee.

We are not an accident!

We are not a mistake!

No one has been overlooked by the Creator.

All of us are His jewels, the apple of His eye, His purpose, reason and will.

When we see God in all things, and realize that all things are in His hands for the eventual good of everyone, then our lives will flow as peacefully as a river.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:03 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
The mission of Christ is to destroy the enemy and to set the prisoners free.

The word "destroy" does not mean to annihilate. In the koine Greek it means to make of no effect.

When Christ took the keys from the prison keeper, satan, lost all power and authority. Christ made his office of no effect (Heb. 2:14, 15).

While prophets of doom forecast calamity and destruction, the mind of Christ speaks and lights our world with the vision of universal restoration and reconciliation.

Paul told of a great victory where every knee would bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Paul did not say that only a small number will bow and confess, but he said every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess. And no man can call Jesus Lord but by the Holy Spirit. What a glorious day that will be when every foot steps forth in the river of life up to the ankle, and from the ankle up to the knee.

We are not an accident!

We are not a mistake!

No one has been overlooked by the Creator.

All of us are His jewels, the apple of His eye, His purpose, reason and will.

When we see God in all things, and realize that all things are in His hands for the eventual good of everyone, then our lives will flow as peacefully as a river.
I noticed there are two types of messengers, a name used for angels by the way. One group sees God in all things and spreads the good news of love and redemption, the other group at war with the first group because their message is one of continual accusations. Believe or else! Only a few are saved! Broad is the path of destruction! Brack! Only parroting ammunition used by the devil to keep people in bondage.
Isn't that crazy Rose? Preach the good news of the gospel and get flack from the devil group? The accuser of the brethren uses scripture to keep people in bondage, the same way he used scripture to tempt our Lord.

Old 09-05-2021, 06:35 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,020,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I noticed there are two types of messengers, a name used for angels by the way. One group sees God in all things and spreads the good news of love and redemption, the other group at war with the first group because their message is one of continual accusations. Believe or else! Only a few are saved! Broad is the path of destruction! Brack! Only parroting ammunition used by the devil to keep people in bondage.
Isn't that crazy Rose? Preach the good news of the gospel and get flack from the devil group? The accuser of the brethren uses scripture to keep people in bondage, the same way he used scripture to tempt our Lord.
My brother the years have piled up on me. I have zero interest, or strength, to deal with the devil group.

The koine word in Hebr. 2:14 is katargeo which means to destroy.

This destruction is one of rendering idle & inactive the devil's work. It also encompasses no further efficiency by depriving of force, influence and power.

The vessels of depravity have a limited shelf life!

Our identity is firmly anchored in Christ's accomplishment, not ours; His strength not ours, His performance, not ours, His victory, not ours.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:02 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
The Bible teaches, in the words of Jesus, that only a few are saved; in Matthew 7:13-14.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
My brother the years have piled up on me. I have zero interest, or strength, to deal with the devil group.

The koine word in Hebr. 2:14 is katargeo which means to destroy.

This destruction is one of rendering idle & inactive the devil's work. It also encompasses no further efficiency by depriving of force, influence and power.

The vessels of depravity have a limited shelf life!

Our identity is firmly anchored in Christ's accomplishment, not ours; His strength not ours, His performance, not ours, His victory, not ours.
I like that. The vessels of depravity have a limited shelf life!

The reason I still call out the fire and brimstone folk is because they give God a bad name and because of that, many, many people don't even consider God an option. Twist the rolls of God and satan and you get a church handed over to satan for a season.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:06 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Zero 7, I fear for you, I really do.

Do you not realize that the doctrine of ET is given as a deterrent?

In Matthew 13:41-42 it is written that it is those who work iniquity that shall be cast into the furnace of fire where there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

And that this punishment will last for ever is evident in Matthew 25:46.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

In Matthew 13:41-42 it is written that it is those who work iniquity that shall be cast into the furnace of fire where there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The difference between you and me is I that I believe that the fire of God IS God and this devouring fire is LOVE. You believe the fire is literal and tortures souls forever. What does the bible say about God being fire?

Hebrews 12:29

for our God is a consuming fire.

What does the bible say about punishment?

Proverbs 25:21-22

If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.

This type of punishment refines even the hardest of all souls rather than destroys it. I've read tons of NDE's...they all say the same thing...this fire they see, this brilliant light beyond understanding....IS LOVE. The other side is nothing but love, all you bring with you in regard to reward is the love you gave others but we all get there eventually, in each person's appointed time. All fruit does not ripen at the same time, some can actually take extra work to sprout but God does the work.

Old 09-05-2021, 10:41 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:

It just boggles my mind, iniquity is the transgressions of the law.

You dont have a law, why is there law for everyone but you?

Old 09-05-2021, 10:50 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Another lie from the pit of JBF.

Old 09-05-2021, 11:19 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Another lie from the pit of JBF.
He cant understand what a parable is bro.

Matthew 25
The day of division

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Jbf, if you read this as if it isnt a parable talking about Rosh Hashanah, then agree with all of it.

Jesus separates nations, if the nation is evil, then everyone in that nation falls?

How do you figure you are saved at all, if your nation falls, you fall with it according to your view, all people would be judged by what nation they are in.

BUT IT ISNT SPEAKING OF NATIONS OF PEOPLE, it is speaking of the nation in your right eye, and the nation in your left eye.

These two kingdoms will be divided when God cuts you in half in the division.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-05-2021 at 11:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity