Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2021, 11:51 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times

Advertisements

Hope Beyond Hell

Are you at peace regarding the eternal destiny of your children, parents, brothers, sisters, and grandparents?

Are you experiencing abundant joy in your “personal” salvation while unsure if some of your dearest loved ones might suffer throughout eternity?

How is that possible if you really love them as much as you love yourself?

We Christians have a problem, a very serious problem. The problem is our belief that hell is “eternal” and that most of humanity will suffer endlessly. Deep inside we know something is not right, but we suppress our questions and doubts because we “think” the Bible teaches it. What inner conflict rages within us! It is futile to find satisfying answers to the problems this issue raises.

https://www.hopebeyondhell.net/

Old 12-29-2021, 08:52 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
You may not realize it but you religious fundies who preach most souls rot in hell forever are actually doing the devil's work. The devil is the accuser of the brethren ....these devils spew one lie after the other to keep that veil of fear up that separates us from God. "God is just...He must punish"...."Only a few are saved"....."Depart from me", on and on...and yet they completely ignore mercy and love, just like the devil wants. Sad really.
Yet the Bible teaches all of these things that you here want to denounce as being of the devil.

Are you going to take this to its logical conclusion and say that you believe that the holy scriptures were inspired by the devil?

I think that that would amount to blasphemy of the Holy Ghost of which you are dangerously close to committing.

If we know one thing about Universalism we know that it is false because those who commit the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost have never forgiveness.

Old 12-29-2021, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Hope Beyond Hell

Are you at peace regarding the eternal destiny of your children, parents, brothers, sisters, and grandparents?

Are you experiencing abundant joy in your “personal” salvation while unsure if some of your dearest loved ones might suffer throughout eternity?

How is that possible if you really love them as much as you love yourself?

We Christians have a problem, a very serious problem. The problem is our belief that hell is “eternal” and that most of humanity will suffer endlessly. Deep inside we know something is not right, but we suppress our questions and doubts because we “think” the Bible teaches it. What inner conflict rages within us! It is futile to find satisfying answers to the problems this issue raises.

https://www.hopebeyondhell.net/
Do you think that you can change God's mind about justly casting certain people into hell?

Old 12-29-2021, 10:45 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Do you think that you can change God's mind about justly casting certain people into hell?
There is nothing remotely just about Hell!

Old 12-30-2021, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is nothing remotely just about Hell!
At least you admit that it is a real place that people go to...

Old 12-30-2021, 09:11 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
At least you admit that it is a real place that people go to...
I admit there are negative spiritual consequences but they are temporary, justly proportional, and correctional, NOT wrathfully punitive and eternal.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I admit there are negative spiritual consequences but they are temporary, justly proportional, and correctional, NOT wrathfully punitive and eternal.
Brother Mystic: these wascally wascals are not satisfied to have mankind suffering in so many aspects in this present short life. What they take pleasure in is having them suffer for endless ages as an end in itself.

Dear ABBA, open their poor blind eyes and deaf ears by ephphatha.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:24 PM

Magnificent Overflow

The Master of reconciliation does all things well. He clears the air of the human condition, the disordered mess of struggling humanity to set it right once & for all.

Our Father Abba = magnificent overflow.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-8&version=MSG

"The whole of created life shall be delivered/ set free from the tyranny of change and decay..."

The letter to the Romans is a masterpiece that speaks to us of a Day of all days when the futility of change and decay ceases with deliverance by the One who has made us subject to disobedience "not willingly", but "by reason of Him who made it so."

The curse of sin has its limits, ultimately to be swallowed by the Lord of zao life.

"No more let sin and sorrow grow, or thorns infest the ground, He comes to make His blessings flow.....

Far as the curse is found!

Old 12-30-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Brother Mystic: these wascally wascals are not satisfied to have mankind suffering in so many aspects in this present short life. What they take pleasure in is having them suffer for endless ages as an end in itself.

Dear ABBA, open their poor blind eyes and deaf ears by ephphatha.
It is not even that I desire for hell to be eternal...

It is that I find that it is the teaching of holy scripture that hell is eternal;

And I also would not want to be found guilty of downplaying the consequences of sin so that someone might not heed the warning of God and end up in hell.

I hope that you are right and I am wrong.

But on the off-chance that I am right and you are wrong, I am going to preach the Bible in such a manner as to impart to people the fear of the LORD.

For, that is wisdom (Job 28:28).

Old 12-30-2021, 08:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
It is not even that I desire for hell to be eternal...

It is that I find that it is the teaching of holy scripture that hell is eternal;

And I also would not want to be found guilty of downplaying the consequences of sin so that someone might not heed the warning of God and end up in hell.

I hope that you are right and I am wrong.

But on the off-chance that I am right and you are wrong, I am going to preach the Bible in such a manner as to impart to people the fear of the LORD.

For, that is wisdom (Job 28:28).
John the Baptists Dad prophesied that we would serve him without fear.

To rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear, BUT IN holiness and righteousness before him all our days. Luke 1:74-75.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity