Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2022, 03:33 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I am filled with the love of God 24/7, Mystic.

It is the reason why I continue to reach out to you when you seem to be a hopelessly lost cause.

Calling me foolish places you in danger of hell fire, btw.

And the Lord has given me a very soft heart when it comes to receiving the testimony of holy scripture.

How about you?
Filled with love heh? What about your pride? Amazing that we are lost causes to you for preaching Jesus Christ the Savior of the world. Our God is able to save mankind, your god failed and only saved only a few. Are you bothered at all that most around you are headed for a very dark place for a very long time?? Does this sadden or depress you? It did me when I believed in the nonsense. If your not bothered at all, well, what can I say?

Old 03-17-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Zero: until an individual has been carried into the bosom of our glorious Father, there can only be twisted convoluted thinking regarding His purposes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p79qrM2JYxQ
I hope at least one or two fire and brimstone believers watch this video. You are 100 percent correct, until they are embraced by God, it really is convoluted how they make God into a mass serial killer. YIKES!

Old 03-17-2022, 11:39 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Filled with love heh? What about your pride? Amazing that we are lost causes to you for preaching Jesus Christ the Savior of the world. Our God is able to save mankind, your god failed and only saved only a few. Are you bothered at all that most around you are headed for a very dark place for a very long time?? Does this sadden or depress you? It did me when I believed in the nonsense. If your not bothered at all, well, what can I say?

Old 03-17-2022, 10:43 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
Quote:
I channel my knowledge of what you are talking about into prayer for revival and into winning souls for Jesus Christ.

Of course when the final judgment has been made, I will weep for those who didn't make it; and Jesus will wipe every tear away from my eyes.

But yes, it is true that the scripture teaches that broad is the way to destruction and there are many who seek to enter therein; while the way to life is narrow and that there are few who find it (Matthew 7:13-14).

Old 03-17-2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Zero: until an individual has been carried into the bosom of our glorious Father, there can only be twisted convoluted thinking regarding His purposes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p79qrM2JYxQ
Quote:
I hope at least one or two fire and brimstone believers watch this video. You are 100 percent correct, until they are embraced by God, it really is convoluted how they make God into a mass serial killer. YIKES!
The way to life is narrow and few there be that find it (Matthew 7:13-14); while the guy in the video is teaching that the way to life is actually wide.

You can believe the guy in the video, what he is saying; but if he is wrong you will be attempting to enter in through the broad way that leads to destruction and your life will end in destruction.

Mat 7:13, Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14, Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

2Ti 4:1, I charge thee therefore before God, <even> the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2, Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3, For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Old 03-18-2022, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I channel my knowledge of what you are talking about into prayer for revival and into winning souls for Jesus Christ.

Of course when the final judgment has been made, I will weep for those who didn't make it; and Jesus will wipe every tear away from my eyes.

But yes, it is true that the scripture teaches that broad is the way to destruction and there are many who seek to enter therein; while the way to life is narrow and that there are few who find it (Matthew 7:13-14).
justbyfaith, will Jesus weep as well for those who didn't make it? Serious question. Think about it for a minute , He loves saint and sinner alike, correct? (hates the sin of course). Now, Jesus has to weep each time for each soul that gets thrown into the lava pit of hell....one billion souls, two billion, three billion, four, five, six and growing..... Jesus is shedding a lot of tears, you'd think as God He would have chosen happiness over sadness but here we are....in a universe or realm that goes on FOREVER and the majority are roasting in flames, forever and ever and ever.... THIS is your God???? Really??

Last edited by Zero 7; 03-18-2022 at 05:55 AM..

Old 03-18-2022, 06:25 PM

Quote:
justbyfaith, will Jesus weep as well for those who didn't make it? Serious question. Think about it for a minute , He loves saint and sinner alike, correct? (hates the sin of course). Now, Jesus has to weep each time for each soul that gets thrown into the lava pit of hell....one billion souls, two billion, three billion, four, five, six and growing..... Jesus is shedding a lot of tears, you'd think as God He would have chosen happiness over sadness but here we are....in a universe or realm that goes on FOREVER and the majority are roasting in flames, forever and ever and ever.... THIS is your God???? Really??
Jer 13:17, But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the LORD'S flock is carried away captive.

Yes, Jesus weeps for the sinner who will not repent.

He has given to every man a degree of sovereignty and everyone has the decision laid before them of whether to keep their sin and be cast into the lake of fire with it; or to relinquish their sins to God through the Cross and be saved.

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (2 Corinthians 3:17).

Our God is all about freedom.

I suppose that He could force the issue and cause every person to believe and receive Him (though it be against their will); but if He did that He would merely have a bunch of robots saying "I love you, God".

That statement would be meaningless because it is merely the result of following a program.

Old 03-19-2022, 03:00 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Atomas

"Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep (the sleep of death), but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump..."

The Greek word translated here as moment is actually ATOMOS, from whence we get our English word ATOM.

In other words, the change that is coming, and "the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time" (ref. 1 Peter 1:15), will take place on a sub-atomic level---NOT from without, but from within the very cells of our bodies.

It will be the result of the outworking of our salvation that first began in our spirits! Isn't that exciting?

It's true that Jesus came "to seek and to save that which was lost," and to restore us back to the state in which man was originally created in the garden, before death had taken its toll.

A type of this is seen in the Old Testament book of Joshua, when the Israelites were about to cross over into "the promised land," where they would lay claim to their birthright inheritance. As you may recall, the Ark of the Covenant (a picture of Christ) was to be transported across the Jordan River first (the name Jordan means, "the descender;" and it has always been associated with death). The people were instructed to wait patiently, and not to remove their place to go after it, until there was a space of "about 2000 cubits by measure" between it and them.

They were also told to "come not near it, that you may know the way by which you should go; FOR YOU HAVE NOT PASSED THIS WAY HERETOFORE" (Josh 3:4). Their eyes were to stay fixed on the Ark! Whenever the feet of the priests who were bearing the Ark stepped off of the river bank, a remarkable thing occurred--- the waters parted as they did at the Red Sea, and were rolled upstream, all the way back to a city named---are you ready for this? "ADAM."

Read it for yourself in Joshua 3:16! Surely the symbolism is clear enough, and the shadows are easily interpreted. JESUS our Savior has conquered death some 2000 years ago, when He was raised from among the dead. HE ALONE can show us the way we should go, for we're entering into virgin territory (the "promised land" of a new, redeemed body). The glorious thing about it is, He's not just taking us back to where Adam was, before the Fall occurred; but BEYOND, to the place where Adam never reached, himself, in the eternal purposes of God (immortality, glorification). NO ONE has ever passed this way before, save the Ark of God's Presence, Jesus. ~Terry Crisp

Old 03-19-2022, 08:00 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Atomas

"Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep (the sleep of death), but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump..."

The Greek word translated here as moment is actually ATOMOS, from whence we get our English word ATOM.

In other words, the change that is coming, and "the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time" (ref. 1 Peter 1:15), will take place on a sub-atomic level---NOT from without, but from within the very cells of our bodies.

It will be the result of the outworking of our salvation that first began in our spirits! Isn't that exciting?

It's true that Jesus came "to seek and to save that which was lost," and to restore us back to the state in which man was originally created in the garden, before death had taken its toll.

A type of this is seen in the Old Testament book of Joshua, when the Israelites were about to cross over into "the promised land," where they would lay claim to their birthright inheritance. As you may recall, the Ark of the Covenant (a picture of Christ) was to be transported across the Jordan River first (the name Jordan means, "the descender;" and it has always been associated with death). The people were instructed to wait patiently, and not to remove their place to go after it, until there was a space of "about 2000 cubits by measure" between it and them.

They were also told to "come not near it, that you may know the way by which you should go; FOR YOU HAVE NOT PASSED THIS WAY HERETOFORE" (Josh 3:4). Their eyes were to stay fixed on the Ark! Whenever the feet of the priests who were bearing the Ark stepped off of the river bank, a remarkable thing occurred--- the waters parted as they did at the Red Sea, and were rolled upstream, all the way back to a city named---are you ready for this? "ADAM."

Read it for yourself in Joshua 3:16! Surely the symbolism is clear enough, and the shadows are easily interpreted. JESUS our Savior has conquered death some 2000 years ago, when He was raised from among the dead. HE ALONE can show us the way we should go, for we're entering into virgin territory (the "promised land" of a new, redeemed body). The glorious thing about it is, He's not just taking us back to where Adam was, before the Fall occurred; but BEYOND, to the place where Adam never reached, himself, in the eternal purposes of God (immortality, glorification). NO ONE has ever passed this way before, save the Ark of God's Presence, Jesus. ~Terry Crisp
Interesting, Rosey! Atomos referring to the atomic level is referring to the level of quanta. You know that I believe quanta represents the true state of our Spirit that we are being changed into while in this physical body. Intriguing interpretation, my friend. I love your threads!

Old 03-19-2022, 09:47 PM

I will say again that the only way to be forgiven is to appropriate the shed blood of Jesus to your life.

If you do that, you are redeemed, though you are a Universalist; and God will reveal the truth to you in His timing.

But if you don't do that, you are not redeemed and are not forgiven; and your fate is everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity