Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 01:15 PM

3,979 posts, read 2,577,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
Venting! Forecast for tonight is 32F here in Tampa area. I don't like cold weather! I was out earlier today in the very warm sun. At the moment, the thermo shows it's still 73F inside and cable shows us at 56F. I just walked out on the patio to check and it's coming for sure. So for the first time I turned A/C switch off so it will have it's rest just in case it gets cold enough inside for a chill where I need more than long pants, long sleeves and socks. Fiddle sticks!
Oh Kitty! You would really have froze here in TN. It was 12 degrees at 9 pm! Brrrrr I finally turned on my heat. Been trying to save money but geeee, last night I needed it!!

Old 01-04-2012, 01:19 PM

3,979 posts, read 2,577,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Last night one of my dogs had a small stroke. They treat that with Prednisone, I had some and gave it to her. She is some better today but still not walking well. At least the rapid eye movement is gone and she did eat today. I've been through this before but still scares the H out of me. After that last night I got an anxiety attack then a bad headache, took all the meds I could find for it, finally its better but not gone. So I'm behind on everything and the meds, sinus and the motrin make me tired and mess with my mood too.

Tijlover, it might help if you read some reviews on the cameras before you decide on another model. You can read reviews on newegg. Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Oh, Todd, sorry to read this. I understand how this affected you. Hope you are both feeling better soon!

Old 01-05-2012, 07:09 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,033,058 times
I just came home from running some errands/eating out and as I was approaching my apartment complex, I heard some crackling noises then saw some flashes of light. I don't know if it was gun fire or fire crackers but I'm shaken up right now. Thank God I got home safely.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:11 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,834,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I just came home from running some errands/eating out and as I was approaching my apartment complex, I heard some crackling noises then saw some flashes of light. I don't know if it was gun fire or fire crackers but I'm shaken up right now. Thank God I got home safely.
I am glad you got home safely, Chatteress. That is really scary. Hopefully not guns. Firecrackers in a residential area is bad enough.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:06 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,900,628 times
Gas prices AGAIN are going UP. Yet our oil company refineries are producing more than the nation needs and have been exporting gasoline to offshore countries. Our supply and demand no longer is affecting the price at the pump.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:37 AM

44,643 posts, read 61,669,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Gas prices AGAIN are going UP. Yet our oil company refineries are producing more than the nation needs and have been exporting gasoline to offshore countries. Our supply and demand no longer is affecting the price at the pump.
And now they're talking $5.00 gal prices this year, probably during the summer vacation time, all because Iran is rattling sabers. Give me a break, we have plenty of oil and sources to keep the prices down and stable. Isn't $40 billion annually in profits enough for Exxon alone.
Last week I paid $2.97 a gal and now today it's up to $3.25.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:43 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,470,357 times
I have really severe PTSD because I just started remembering parts of the abusive situation I was in that I had previously blocked out, such as my ex trying to strangle me to death and pulling a knife on me and trying to stab me to death. In case that wasn't enough, I just found out my friend died in a car accident. I set up counseling at school and I'm going to have an awesome therapist who is deaf blind herself and understands my perspective (I'm blind and was deaf blind during the abuse), but school doesn't re-open till January 17th and all my friends are out of town which means I'm stuck alone with my grief and flashbacks, unable to sleep or shower without thinking someone is strangling me to death and trying to stab me to death, and with zero emotional support and no one to talk to, not even a professional until Jan 17. On top of that I can't show any of my pain in front of my parents, cause they don't know the difference between PTSD and psychosis/schizophrenia/other unrelated mental illnesses, and last time I let them see me falling apart they trying to get me committed for manic depression/borderline personality disorder, which according to them is the same thing. ETA: I can't go to an ER cause I'm not suicidal/homicidal, so they won't do anything. (I don't want to kill myself cause I want to work with deaf blind people and I can't do that dead.)

Old 01-06-2012, 10:59 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,258,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I have really severe PTSD because I just started remembering parts of the abusive situation I was in that I had previously blocked out, such as my ex trying to strangle me to death and pulling a knife on me and trying to stab me to death. In case that wasn't enough, I just found out my friend died in a car accident. I set up counseling at school and I'm going to have an awesome therapist who is deaf blind herself and understands my perspective (I'm blind and was deaf blind during the abuse), but school doesn't re-open till January 17th and all my friends are out of town which means I'm stuck alone with my grief and flashbacks, unable to sleep or shower without thinking someone is strangling me to death and trying to stab me to death, and with zero emotional support and no one to talk to, not even a professional until Jan 17. On top of that I can't show any of my pain in front of my parents, cause they don't know the difference between PTSD and psychosis/schizophrenia/other unrelated mental illnesses, and last time I let them see me falling apart they trying to get me committed for manic depression/borderline personality disorder, which according to them is the same thing. ETA: I can't go to an ER cause I'm not suicidal/homicidal, so they won't do anything. (I don't want to kill myself cause I want to work with deaf blind people and I can't do that dead.)

So sorry . Talk to us. Hugs, chocolate, cake, coffee, tea, something...

Old 01-06-2012, 12:10 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,470,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
So sorry . Talk to us. Hugs, chocolate, cake, coffee, tea, something...
Coffee and chocolate make PTSD worse but I'm all over the tea and cake. I'm having lemonade right now.

The anxiety makes my palms and fingers sweat which is really annoying when you're trying to read a braille display. I've been cleaning it like six times a day and it's still so gross-feeling from all the anxiety-related sweating.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:18 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,991,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Coffee and chocolate make PTSD worse but I'm all over the tea and cake. I'm having lemonade right now.

The anxiety makes my palms and fingers sweat which is really annoying when you're trying to read a braille display. I've been cleaning it like six times a day and it's still so gross-feeling from all the anxiety-related sweating.
Sorry NIm, I have PTSD and anxiety so I know how it goes. I couldn't go out today cuz of it, in fact. Hope things get better for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics