Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 04:47 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,404,192 times

Advertisements

Low back pain from lifting stuff u shouldn't... and I heard on the news back pain can thin out your brain, so u get double for your trouble.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:43 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,200,359 times
Ever have days where nothing turns out right? Normally I'm a pretty good cook, but today the force was not with me. Tried making biscuits, they turned out tasting suspiciously like dog turds. then had this bright idea to salvage them by making tuna gravy and doing a spin off of tuna on toast. Nope. Extremely bad idea. Tossed the whole damn thing in the garbage. I've brushed my teeth and am guzzling some orange juice to get the lingering taste out of my mouth. Maybe I'll heat a can of soup up later, there's no real way to eff that up. grrrr.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:53 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,813,424 times
Birds - I woke up shortly after 4:00, and was having trouble falling back asleep. Just as I felt I was going to drift off soon, I heard chirp-chirp chirp ------chirp-chirp-chirp ---------chirp-chirp-chirp.
It's finally warm enough to sleep with the window open a little and 4:30 is when the chirpers wake up. The crows start up a little closer to 5:00 caw-caw -----caw-caw.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:04 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,068,995 times
Just what I wanted to hear, the windows and doors are open this morning with a nice breeze coming into the house and the city has a large truck outside in front of the neighbors house where a couple of city workers are using a “jackhammer” to make as much noise as they can. Can’t they try to keep the noise down a little while homeowners are resting and waking up in the morning?

Old 06-01-2011, 10:06 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,345,467 times
Glad I'm not with you, Aks....I have a rotten headache and that wouldn't feel good.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:19 AM

7,965 posts, read 11,782,808 times
I didn't get my new double-decker rabbit hutch built like I wanted to. Why? Because SOMEONE has used my tools and didn't put them back!!!!! I hate when I go to do a project that should take me about 2 hrs...but spend an hour looking for my tools & hardware, eventually saying, FORGET IT!!!...only I"m probably not using those exact words.

If we only had 1 possible building where those things could be, it wouldn't be such an issue, but we have 5 possible buildings where someone could have been using those tools...after about building #3, I'm ready to just find something to watch on TV....because the STRESS has gotten me too exhausted to DO anything if I DID find what I was looking for. Looks like it's time to take a few days to round up tools and clean up MY workshop.

Incidentally....why can't they respect the fact that MY workshop is MY workshop/workspace. With all of the other "workspaces" we have, why is it that they have to dump crap on MY workbenches, because they don't want to carry it upstairs to the storage areas or put things away where they belong!! I can't even use my tablesaw, because they've piled crap on THAT too!!

Okay....I'm done.....just needed to get that off of my chest!

Time to start cleaning that dang shop...where to start

Old 06-01-2011, 10:21 AM

Hooray,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they stopped. They dug a hole in the street and now they are finished removing asphalt surface in order to put a barricade over the hole. They do such good work, however I’ll bet that they don’t come back for weeks and the barricade will become permanent.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:52 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,404,192 times
What peeves me today is the gall of self serving people who have caused injury to the masses and their focus is not the injury they have caused but rather what they have suffered as a result of poor behavior. I wonder about people like that...

Old 06-01-2011, 01:29 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,496,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
What peeves me today is the gall of self serving people who have caused injury to the masses and their focus is not the injury they have caused but rather what they have suffered as a result of poor behavior. I wonder about people like that...

This includes the tossers who create and distribute malware to distroy computers etc..... of course....

On another topic ... the fly that was buzzing about on my window has apparently weed down said window.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:58 PM

Default kids

Stressed when you have someone over at the house with kids who seem to move around into every room and opened door in the house. You don’t know what they are into and if they’ll get hurt,,, so there’s a little worry there. We’re not a “child proof” house with items put away to avoid injuries if younger kids get them. However why do their mother/s allow them to run around in the first place. I guess I’m not a grandparent with kids around the house or I’d be use to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics