Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 06:40 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,526,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Side conversations at the movies is especially irritating and a friend who keeps commenting during the movie is unbelievable... I sometimes wonder if I am the only one in the world who believes in watching a movie in silence as much as possible. I mean it is only good manners...
People are rude.

I think you should bring a water pistol next time you go

Old 08-12-2011, 06:43 AM

People who are inconsiderate of others and only care about themselves.

Hubby and I went to town the other day. We were looking for a parking spot at Lowe's. Some idiot took up two of the front spots by parking "on" the line rather than in between the parking lines. I'm sure he was trying to protect his fancy truck from other cars. OK...I get that but park farther away and don't hog 2 close spaces.

I call these people.....the "special" ones. They really do think they are special and rules don't apply to them

Last edited by ylisa7; 08-12-2011 at 07:01 AM..

Old 08-12-2011, 06:59 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,385,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post

Hubby and I went to town the other day. We were looking of r parking spot at Lowe's. Some idiot took up two of the front spots by parking "on" the line rather than in between the parking lines. I'm sure he was trying to protect his fancy truck from other cars. OK...I get that but park farther away and don;t hog 2 close spaces.

I call these people.....the "special" ones. They really do think they are special and rules don't apply to them
Oh that is a good one... Does anyone adhere to love thy neighbor as thyself? I hope u water gunned the vehicle.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:00 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,916,159 times
Default ATM rant

I needed cash at 6:30 am. My bank only has one ATM in the 18 miles between home and work.

The ATM machine refused to take my PIN. I am 100% certain that I entered the correct number, because I use the machine several times a week. Got a message saying it couldn't accept the number I entered.

I really needed the cash, and the bank doesn't open until 9:00. I had to be at work by 7:20.

So I called the customer service number for the ATM, and explained the problem. The guy said, "I can help you with that! I can mail your PIN to you and it will arrive in 3 to 5 business days!"

I tried to tell him that wasn't the problem, I knew my PIN and entered it correctly. Also told him I needed cash right away, and so that wasn't going to help.

He said the only thing he could do was mail my PIN to me. Whatever. Not going to help.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I needed cash at 6:30 am. My bank only has one ATM in the 18 miles between home and work.

The ATM machine refused to take my PIN. I am 100% certain that I entered the correct number, because I use the machine several times a week. Got a message saying it couldn't accept the number I entered.

I really needed the cash, and the bank doesn't open until 9:00. I had to be at work by 7:20.

So I called the customer service number for the ATM, and explained the problem. The guy said, "I can help you with that! I can mail your PIN to you and it will arrive in 3 to 5 business days!"

I tried to tell him that wasn't the problem, I knew my PIN and entered it correctly. Also told him I needed cash right away, and so that wasn't going to help.

He said the only thing he could do was mail my PIN to me. Whatever. Not going to help.
How much cash did you need? I keep a back up hundred dollar bill for emergencies in my purse.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:17 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,526,564 times
Quote:

Hubby and I went to town the other day. We were looking for a parking spot at Lowe's. Some idiot took up two of the front spots by parking "on" the line rather than in between the parking lines. I'm sure he was trying to protect his fancy truck from other cars. OK...I get that but park farther away and don't hog 2 close spaces.

I don't park close to the store...I leave those spaces for the less fortunate.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:19 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,101,675 times
Quote:
People are rude.

I think you should bring a water pistol next time you go
A PINK water pistol ...

Old 08-12-2011, 10:21 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,277,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I don't pak close to the store...I leave those spaces for the less fortunate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
A PINK water pistol ...
I was just about to reply to mkfarnam asking if the "pak" is a pink pistol. But yours zoomed right in.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Side conversations at the movies is especially irritating and a friend who keeps commenting during the movie is unbelievable... I sometimes wonder if I am the only one in the world who believes in watching a movie in silence as much as possible. I mean it is only good manners...
Women against chit chatting?..very unusual..

These days you can text the person next to you and tell em' to "shut up"!

Old 08-12-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
I was just about to reply to mkfarnam asking if the "pak" is a pink pistol. But yours zoomed right in.
It's short for Pink AK-47.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics