Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2011, 12:22 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times

Advertisements

I can't get my doctor to double up my prescription for my sleeping pills. I mean, sure...I'm pretty stoned right now and I'll be able to go back to bed and get a few hours of Zzzzs, but he doesn't seem to understand how much more fun I could be having if I had two each night instead of one.
Think what it could do for my posts.
Ahhhhh.....well.......so it goes.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:48 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I can't get my doctor to double up my prescription for my sleeping pills. I mean, sure...I'm pretty stoned right now and I'll be able to go back to bed and get a few hours of Zzzzs, but he doesn't seem to understand how much more fun I could be having if I had two each night instead of one.
Think what it could do for my posts.
Ahhhhh.....well.......so it goes.
There's more than one way to fry your brain.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:15 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
There's more than one way to fry your brain.
Yeah, well, as a very ill individual that also suffers from extreme insomnia as my doctor says, "the good outweighs the bad".
So I just look at the bright side of it all and enjoy the fact that the medicine gets me silly and that's followed by sleep.
Other than what's required for me to live a little longer, I do not do any drugs.
So! How did your brain get fried? ....

Last edited by rainroosty; 08-10-2011 at 05:27 AM..

Old 08-10-2011, 06:48 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hi, there.

Exciting morning here at the NMS household already.

I thought about not walking today, but decided to get up and get off my butt. I was getting ready when I heard this noise outside and I thought it was the strays we feed. Turns out it's a little tiny voice saying "Hello??? Help me...please...." Well, the folks 2 houses away who have a beagle have company - a woman and her 2 sons, one a 3-year-old. The 3 yo is in our back yard, with the beagle. It seems he managed to get out of the house without anyone knowing and let the dog out. Luckily, whenever the dog gets out, she comes over to our house. God knows what might have happened if she had decided to follow a bunny or something. Well, I went out and asked him if he was lost and if he wanted me to help him find his mommy. He said "mom...mom...." And then I mentioned Doug (the neighbor) and he said, "No Doug...No Doug." I asked if he wanted to take my hand and he wouldn't, but he did follow me over to Doug's house. The minute he saw the car, he said, "Mom's car." Well, I took him over to the house and I pounded on that door. Neither Doug nor Mom knew he was out of the house. And to top that off, he'd done the same thing last night but didn't end up at our place. People, people, people. I've been upset about it all morning. DH says not to worry about it, but I can't help it. All sorts of things could have happened. Anyway...

Old 08-10-2011, 09:22 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Good for you NMS

Months ago I saved a dog that got loose from a home down the street. He was running around the busy street by the house and could have gotten hit by a car. I managed to get him to come to me and took him in the backyard where he was safe. Then I started looking at the tags to find out who to contact. The contact info was helpful and I made a call to get him back to his owner. Dogs love to explore and enjoy the run through the neighborhood, however it’s not safe for dogs or kids to be out on the streets these days.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:04 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I called for a repair and they were going to check it out and get back with me. I'm still waiting for the callback and it's been since Friday that I called!
It appears that they fixed the trouble late last night. I was ready to call them this morning and raise hell, but I thought it best to check first,,,,,, sure enough ~ it's working as it should be and they didn't bother to tell me. They must have figured that I'd find out one way or another. I'm happy that it's ok now and that I don't have to argue with anyone.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:12 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,416,855 times
A bad start to the day because at 7 o clock in bed I kept having this strange itch that wouldn't go away.

I had to see why it was happening and as I did so I saw the spider that was in my bed with me. Not a good thing to wake up to. But I've had worse in my bed before, such as a wasp (which did sting me).

Old 08-11-2011, 06:45 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Two girls got into a fist fight on the very first day of school. It is an automatic 10 day suspension. I think it is unconscionable. They bring these kids back to school at the hottest part of summer, screw up most of the schedules so that the office is full of kids just trying to find out where to be. The kids are hot, sweaty and frustrated. Of course they are more likely to be fights. School should be about what is best for kids not starting kids a month early so the staff can have in extra month off to enjoy our warm short winters. This town is arse backwards on so many levels and controlled by narrow minded, clickish non-progressive religious nuts who want no part of the world around them.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:15 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,694,782 times
Went to DMV for the 2nd time this month alittle earlier this morning to try and get my license renewed and got to the hallway door and was told the computers were down againstatewide and they had no idea when they would be up. Since I and many others waited an hour and a half or more I asked the gal if if we could have a ticket so when we come back AGAIN we wouldn't have to wait in line for hours but she said "No, they weren't doing that." Grrr........ When I got home I called the DMV's main line and told the woman what should be done for the people who have had problems more then once trying to get their business taken care of but she could care less.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:27 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Went to DMV for the 2nd time this month alittle earlier this morning to try and get my license renewed and got to the hallway door and was told the computers were down againstatewide and they had no idea when they would be up. Since I and many others waited an hour and a half or more I asked the gal if if we could have a ticket so when we come back AGAIN we wouldn't have to wait in line for hours but she said "No, they weren't doing that." Grrr........ When I got home I called the DMV's main line and told the woman what should be done for the people who have had problems more then once trying to get their business taken care of but she could care less.
I've found that too many businesses, mainly Dr offices, use computers as an excuse for their own (human) mistakes.(like billing for one) .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics