Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 06:24 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,443,215 times

Advertisements

I am so sick and tired of lazy good for nothing Americans who whine about everything. And the pool table saga continues. A new driver called us this morning to tell us "now" after dealing with this company all week, that we need a docking station to unload the pool table Hubby and I are Get R' Done people and we don't do well with lazy nonsense. Hubby told him we will have to open the pallet and unload each piece. Then the driver started grumbling and got pissy Sorry a**. Your company knew this was a residential delivery and after talking with people at the office all week no one said anything to me about a docking station.. It just ticks me off to no end that people are such cry babies.

Sorry for the rant....but my DH and I run into this crap all the time with people. Such laziness and they think they are worth buckoo bucks for doing a job they can't even do right

Old 08-04-2011, 09:11 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,290,264 times
2 of hubster's sisters are coming to visit today and will be leaving early tomorrow morning. THere's a whole big family history here, and I don't think he's looking forward to it. He's already being Mr. Cranky Pants and I'm sure it's because they're on their way.

Wish us luck.....................

Old 08-04-2011, 09:18 AM

48,265 posts, read 22,052,974 times
Default sisters visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
2 of hubster's sisters are coming to visit today and will be leaving early tomorrow morning. THere's a whole big family history here, and I don't think he's looking forward to it. He's already being Mr. Cranky Pants and I'm sure it's because they're on their way.

Are they going to stay in a hotel....that will at least give you a chance to talk to DH about how its going for both of you....and some recovery time.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:18 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,840,291 times
Quote:

Hope you have an "okay" day. Sounds like it's going to be a little tough. I hate it when our loved ones take out their crankiness on us..but that's life, sometimes.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:28 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,347,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I am so sick and tired of lazy good for nothing Americans who whine about everything. And the pool table saga continues. A new driver called us this morning to tell us "now" after dealing with this company all week, that we need a docking station to unload the pool table Hubby and I are Get R' Done people and we don't do well with lazy nonsense. Hubby told him we will have to open the pallet and unload each piece. Then the driver started grumbling and got pissy Sorry a**. Your company knew this was a residential delivery and after talking with people at the office all week no one said anything to me about a docking station.. It just ticks me off to no end that people are such cry babies.

Sorry for the rant....but my DH and I run into this crap all the time with people. Such laziness and they think they are worth buckoo bucks for doing a job they can't even do right
Yeah I can totally see where u r coming from and feel ur frustration. When u pay ur money u aught to at the very least get the item u paid for with some good customer service.... Try not worry ur pretty little head about it for the world is full of idiots- many of 'em American and most of 'em in Congress

Old 08-04-2011, 09:35 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,714,585 times
Quote:

Are you the "hotel" for the night? We have family drama w/my hubby's family so I can empathize. Try to have a good night...

Old 08-04-2011, 10:10 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,932,891 times
Quote:

The driver can take the table to a nearby “trucking depot” and offload it so that a truck with a “lift gate” can then deliver to your home and be capable of dropping it off at ground level. Drivers should know how to handle their loads or they shouldn’t take them.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:33 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,443,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The driver can take the table to a nearby “trucking depot” and offload it so that a truck with a “lift gate” can then deliver to your home and be capable of dropping it off at ground level. Drivers should know how to handle their loads or they shouldn’t take them.
True...but either way we weren't notified and we have no place within 20 miles to do that. It was already on the truck and on it's way with no one telling us we couldn't get it off the truck Either way...we managed. Tore open the pallet, got the table onto the trailer and back home It was a bear of a job

Old 08-04-2011, 01:03 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,932,891 times
omg you guys had to go through all that!

Old 08-04-2011, 01:20 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,285,895 times
Quote:
True...but either way we weren't notified and we have no place within 20 miles to do that. It was already on the truck and on it's way with no one telling us we couldn't get it off the truck Either way...we managed. Tore open the pallet, got the table onto the trailer and back home It was a bear of a job

Hubby and I set up our pool table years ago ourselves and you are right it was a bear of a job!!! Heavy is an understatement..........but at least we didn't have the delivery hassle that you have had. We purchased it early in the morning by midnight we had it together and played our first round of pool to celebrate .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics