Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 12:41 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,357,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Good morning.
I requested that the thread in question be moved to where it belongs, in the Health and Wellness forum. That is where all threads on that subject are kept.
Just doing my part to keep things orderly on CityData.
~rainroosty~
Well I am glad u were doing your part, I will look for it there And I will make sure I return the favor to u too

Old 05-19-2011, 12:42 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,844,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Oh so I guess he is not a cute boss And u didn't want to go to the club with he and his party U know I wish they we could rep as much as we like too...
No, he is a real "CUJO". He screams so loud that the people on the first floor down(who work for another company) can hear him. The yelling, screaming and swearing is unreal. They have commented many times on his behaviour. Unfortunately we are on the second floor, and he owns the company I work for. I am usually here before 7 and leave after 5..that's why I feel free to stop now and then for a break. We all have good days when he is not here.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
No, he is a real "CUJO". He screams so loud that the people on the first floor down(who work for another company) can hear him. The yelling, screaming and swearing is unreal. They have commented many times on his behaviour. Unfortunately we are on the second floor, and he owns the company I work for. I am usually here before 7 and leave after 5..that's why I feel free to stop now and then for a break. We all have good days when he is not here.
Ouch it sucks when u have a control freak who owns every thing. Well girl-power to ya we got roll with it and when we come across jerks we have to rise to the occasion. I think the forum is good practice for that -there one or two... okay 3 who often help me to be a bigger person.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:04 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,236,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
If a broken clock is correct twice a day, then it is "wrong" 1,438
times a day (counting minutes per day, as in 2:36 p.m.); It is wrong
86,398 times per day if allowing for seconds, as in 2:36:47 p.m.)
If the broken clock in question happens to be a digital clock that only reads up to 12:00 and then advances to 1:00, etc., then it would be correct double that, if no a.m. or p.m. indicator is accounted for.
Thanks for the breakdown.

Since i'm not a mathematical savant I usually just go for the simple expression. Thank God i'm talented in other areas, like the kitchen. Not much math there, just a pinch of this and a dollop of that.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Thanks for the breakdown.

Since i'm not a mathematical savant I usually just go for the simple expression. Thank God i'm talented in other areas, like the kitchen. Not much math there, just a pinch of this and a dollop of that.
I like ur counting... And u r so talented all the stuff u do. I wonder how is it some people can do everything. I think u and Pammy the tipster are both those kind of gals... And the best part about u is u know how to cross the road to avoid a fool... Hey, I am gone need ur Brownie Recipe...

Old 05-19-2011, 01:10 PM

16,913 posts, read 16,186,971 times
Quote:
Well I am glad u were doing your part, I will look for it there And I will make sure I return the favor to u too
City Data is an amazingly great website. We are offered membership, free of charge.
City Data appreciates when its members contribute anything that assists its moderators, who do their work on a voluntary basis. They do not require that we do so.
We do not discuss moderator activity openly. (Terms of Service).

Subjects are categorized in City Data, so that anyone looking for information on this website have a clear path to that information.

The forum, "Other Topics", means just that. Topics that are not categorized elsewhere on the website.

Your topic, "circumcision", is more appropriately discussed in the Health and Wellness forum. Anyone searching for related information would look there first.

In appreciation of City Data's TOS, and it's great value to people all over the globe, I merely offered my small assistance in keeping things organized here.

If you wish to "return the favor", sun queen, please - by all means... do so.

I am not perfect, but I do make an effort to post my threads in the appropriate forums.

~rainroosty~

Last edited by rainroosty; 05-19-2011 at 01:21 PM..

Old 05-19-2011, 01:20 PM

This is the stress and venting thread, and not the educational thread or one for administrative advice... I am just going to vent and blow steam as I seem fit. And I cool with everyone else doing the same. I like to keep light happy and moving forward. Now I don't mind if others don't, but it's just not good community to spread hostility or demonstrate a lack of good will toward others. It's sad to see that kinda stuff

Old 05-19-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
This is the stress and venting thread, and not the educational thread... I am just going to vent and blow steam as I seem fit. And I cool with everyone else doing the same. I like to keep light happy and moving forward. Now I don't mind if others don't, but it's just not good community to spread hostility or demonstrate a lack of good will toward others. It's sad to see that kinda stuff
Yes, and it's not the Health and Wellness forum either.

Back to topic: people resisting the Terms of Service of City Data.

Last edited by rainroosty; 05-19-2011 at 01:44 PM..

Old 05-19-2011, 02:00 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,523,922 times
OMG shoot me now please Just spent a hr on the phone with some yadahoodie from India trying to do something as simple as activate a new cell phone. This guy kept putting me on hold while he had to ask his supervisor what to do. Get this.. this particular company sent me a new phone to my current new address then they tell me they cannot send me a copy of my statement to this same address..huh?????!!! you sent a phone to this address, it was changed in the system but you cannot send me a copy of a statement to the same address?? I was told to go to the nearest ****** store and they could change it in the system. Also I was told that if I took the statement to this same store they would waive the activation fee that they could not waive it on the phone which I was told initially had already been done. I was after several trys able to pull up my statement and just told the guy on the phone that I was finally able to pull my current statement up and that I would take it to the nearest store and get it straightened out and if they could not do it then the company could just take the **** phone back and put it where the sun don't shine<only I wasn't that polite>. I don't usually loose my cool like that with a customer service issue but this was way over the top. Sorry for the rant.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
OMG shoot me now please Just spent a hr on the phone with some yadahoodie from India trying to do something as simple as activate a new cell phone. This guy kept putting me on hold while he had to ask his supervisor what to do. Get this.. this particular company sent me a new phone to my current new address then they tell me they cannot send me a copy of my statement to this same address..huh?????!!! you sent a phone to this address, it was changed in the system but you cannot send me a copy of a statement to the same address?? I was told to go to the nearest ****** store and they could change it in the system. Also I was told that if I took the statement to this same store they would waive the activation fee that they could not waive it on the phone which I was told initially had already been done. I was after several trys able to pull up my statement and just told the guy on the phone that I was finally able to pull my current statement up and that I would take it to the nearest store and get it straightened out and if they could not do it then the company could just take the **** phone back and put it where the sun don't shine<only I wasn't that polite>. I don't usually loose my cool like that with a customer service issue but this was way over the top. Sorry for the rant.
You done real good, tookey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics