Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 08:39 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,101,675 times

Advertisements

What's up with all these train fatalities?! My train was delayed over 40 minutes due to the closing of a track to deal with the aftermath of the pedestrian fatality! It seems that this is beginning to become a regular occurrence and I cannot afford to get to work late! I'm so frustrated with commuter rail at this moment!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:49 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,684,187 times
Neighbors , with barking Dobermans (six of them)

usually at 6 a.m. every workday....and I still live in a kind of Mayberry-lol.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:39 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,515,794 times
So I got unfriended on facebook by someone from high school. I've been out of high school for 2 years, he's been out for 3 years. Not overly long at all in the grand scheme of things. And I've seen him since he graduated. And recently, he commented on 1 of my statuses. He called me a word I probably can't say on city data, but I thought he was joking. But since he deleted me, maybe he was serious.

But in any case, joking or not, it's odd to comment on someone's status then delete them shortly after that.

When I say shortly after, I mean a month. He's not as odd as the guy that deleted me immediately after liking my status. Liking someone's status is supposed to be a good thing. It's supposed to mean you agree with them. To this day, I wonder why this other guy deleted me immediately after liking my status. When that happened, I was thinking of posting a status saying "What type of person deletes someone immediately after liking their status?" but I didn't.

Back to the guy from high school that just deleted me...

It was clear that he deleted everyone except "close friends." Apparently I didn't make the cut. And his method of deciding who his close friends are was odd and inconsistent. We were at the same high school for 3 years together and I didn't make the cut. But someone that was in 8th grade when he was a senior made the cut.

"I could be nothing but a memory to you" -Memories That Fade Like Photographs by All Time Low

^ that quote certainly describes the unfriending

I just don't understand how people can forget someone they had a history with. We had so much fun during his senior/my junior year. And I knew him since I was 10.

Unfriending someone from high school you never liked is one thing. But clearly he liked me.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:44 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,081,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
So I got unfriended on facebook by someone from high school. I've been out of high school for 2 years, he's been out for 3 years. Not overly long at all in the grand scheme of things. And I've seen him since he graduated. And recently, he commented on 1 of my statuses. He called me a word I probably can't say on city data, but I thought he was joking. But since he deleted me, maybe he was serious.
What a shock!

Old 05-19-2011, 06:45 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,331,093 times
CD91, you sound like a really sensitive person. Maybe you should get away from Facebook for a bit and get yourself out of the drama. Seems you've been defriended by several people lately and that it bothers you a lot. Maybe a vacation from it would help.

I learned a long time ago that worrying about what folks think about you will only get you ulcers and a prescription to some controlled substances. It just isn't worth it, Bud. The only person you can count on is you. So pull up those sneaker strings and walk on.

Just some friendly advice.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:19 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,515,794 times
This is not just recent, this is ongoing. And yes, I've been deleted by several people. But unfriending happens all the time on facebook. A lot of facebook users have been unfriended by several people. Just because I get unfriended doesn't mean I'm doing something wrong.

I think some city data posters that don't use facebook don't fully understand how facebook works. They think I'm doing something wrong since so many people delete me. But if I'm doing something wrong, then a lot of facebook users are doing something wrong (since they get unfriended too).

I did nothing to deserve getting unfriended.

And I took a brief vacation from facebook. I posted about how I deactivated my account after the immature 29 year old loser deleted me. But then I started using facebook again because I thought my real friends and I should have a way to keep up with each other. Sure, it hurts to find out someone was never a true friend. But when I deactivate my account, I shut myself off from true friends (since we can't contact each other on facebook). My true friends don't deserve that. I started using facebook again for their sake as much as mine.

I still don't like getting unfriended. A high friend count still makes me feel popular. But I started using facebook again because I don't want to let the immature losers ruin facebook for me.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:14 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,385,909 times
I started a thread where I wanted to know what yall thought about some ridiculous proposal banning circumcision in San Francisco. According to the news enough people there believe circumcision is barbaric practice of mutilating infant boys. If this thing is passed into law it will make circumcision a crime and there will be NO religious or health exceptions... Now here is my vent: We are at war, the economy is in the tank, the housing market is so bad people are losing their homes& are out of work, social security and medicare are being threatened and gas is sky high... And this is what people come up with- a proposal to take away parental choice? I just think it is stupid to waste resources putting something like that to a vote, but I respect the rights of others to be stupid. God knows it is allot of that going around... I hope this is okay to post here since the thread was deleted and designated off topic. What exactly is Other Topic's designations Any way I prefer male circumcision for infants. I don't want the government making that choice for me. My male children don't seem to have a problem with it and I understand it goes back a long ways

Old 05-19-2011, 09:21 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,022,335 times
I've noticed more threads closed in the state forums and wonder why? Seems that the topics were going just fine and all of sudden "closed" or "moved". Crazy. That's why I'm not a mod I guess,,,, lol

Old 05-19-2011, 09:23 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,385,909 times
I miss granny sue...

Old 05-19-2011, 09:41 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,232,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I started a thread where I wanted to know what yall thought about some ridiculous proposal banning circumcision in San Francisco. According to the news enough people there believe circumcision is barbaric practice of mutilating infant boys. If this thing is passed into law it will make circumcision a crime and there will be NO religious or health exceptions... Now here is my vent: We are at war, the economy is in the tank, the housing market is so bad people are losing their homes& are out of work, social security and medicare are being threatened and gas is sky high... And this is what people come up with- a proposal to take away parental choice? I just think it is stupid to waste resources putting something like that to a vote, but I respect the rights of others to be stupid. God knows it is allot of that going around... I hope this is okay to post here since the thread was deleted and designated off topic. What exactly is Other Topic's designations Any way I prefer male circumcision for infants. I don't want the government making that choice for me. My male children don't seem to have a problem with it and I understand it goes back a long ways
Good morning.
I requested that the thread in question be moved to where it belongs, in the Health and Wellness forum. That is where all threads on that subject are kept.
Just doing my part to keep things orderly on CityData.
~rainroosty~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics