Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 06:35 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,996,175 times

Advertisements

Thinking of the 2 million or so homeless kids in the Philippines, stuck in their situation with nothing and nobody, I find the OP's problems not problems at all. Try doing something good for someone less fortunate and you will think less about those "High Class" Problems.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:35 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,281,228 times
Squirl, I truly empathize with you. When DH and I got together, he had his own home. He'd never lived with another woman there. However, it just wasn't home to me. I understand where others are coming from that your problem seems trivial, but it's real to you, and it was real to me. You need to make your own space and I get that. Best of luck to you.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:55 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Thinking of the 2 million or so homeless kids in the Philippines, stuck in their situation with nothing and nobody, I find the OP's problems not problems at all. Try doing something good for someone less fortunate and you will think less about those "High Class" Problems.

You guys don't get me! I big-time understand these are not real problems! Just thought I'd share my "high class problems", and hear about yours. Not complaining or asking for help, I know I have it good!

Btw, having lost a child in a car accident and DH #2 (I'm on #3 ) to cancer, I've had my share of real troubles...its a luxury to have high class problems!

Old 04-01-2011, 07:26 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,921,881 times
Oops sorry! But, I really don't have any high class problems..

Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,230,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
You guys don't get me! I big-time understand these are not real problems! Just thought I'd share my "high class problems", and hear about yours. Not complaining or asking for help, I know I have it good!

Btw, having lost a child in a car accident and DH #2 (I'm on #3 ) to cancer, I've had my share of real troubles...its a luxury to have high class problems!
Perhaps it was your choice of wording in your post. But, with all of the homeless here and in other countries, not liking your house does seem trivial.

You're right though, this forum is a pretty safe place to vent. This is where my inner Biatch comes every time she breaks out of the basement. Lol

Vent away, but don't expect that we won't reply. After all, that's part of this and the other forums.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:28 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,340,897 times
gosh I love these tell ur peeve threads... It is good to get a good peeve out cause... Well I just hope I am not peeving too much. I seem to be looking for stuff to rant about. And could rant some doosies but.... I will save some for bloody later as I am watching all the Harry Potter movies with my kid... YaaY (yes it smacks of a certain irony)

Old 04-02-2011, 11:01 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,916,108 times
^^ If you think that's bad, you should be me and have to sit through a movie rental with Mrs Aks. She gets the movie that she likes and I get to watch it with her. On the plus side, we do have time together and then I can make time to enjoy "my world" apart.

My peeve or stress is that when we pay for a rental and play the video "we have to view all the coming attractions before we can view the video we "paid" to see. I don't want to see clips of coming attractions. It's ten minutes of my life I'll never get back. And at my age ten minutes here and there adds up quickly which shortens my enjoyment.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:47 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,230,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ If you think that's bad, you should be me and have to sit through a movie rental with Mrs Aks. She gets the movie that she likes and I get to watch it with her. On the plus side, we do have time together and then I can make time to enjoy "my world" apart.

My peeve or stress is that when we pay for a rental and play the video "we have to view all the coming attractions before we can view the video we "paid" to see. I don't want to see clips of coming attractions. It's ten minutes of my life I'll never get back. And at my age ten minutes here and there adds up quickly which shortens my enjoyment.
Well, you could always put those 10 minutes toward recapturing a little of your lost youth. Just a little smootching time with the wife!

Our kids are always telling the DH and I to " get a room" before the movie comes on.........

Old 04-02-2011, 11:52 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,043,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Well, you could always put those 10 minutes toward recapturing a little of your lost youth. Just a little smootching time with the wife!

Our kids are always telling the DH and I to " get a room" before the movie comes on.........
LOL!

Old 04-03-2011, 09:55 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,340,897 times
Aksarben, I know what u mean about the previews it totally sucks, but I like the idea of u the Mrs spending time together and Pam's idea of making out probably would put a pep in ur step and a smile the the Mrs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics