Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 03:31 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,515,794 times

Advertisements

I hate when I send someone a message and they claim it's harassing yet they admit they didn't read it.

How can you call a message harassing if you don't know what it says

Makes no sense

Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 AM

3,970 posts, read 8,552,855 times
DW was buying material yesterday for some craft projects she is working on. When they measured out the material she asked for on the one bolt, there was 3 inches left. They asked her if she wanted to buy those 3 inches for 1/2 price. She said OK because she figured she could use it. It cost her an extra 29 cents, but really ... 3 inches. If she had said she didn't really need it, so no thanks, they would have cut it off and thrown it away. I guess the 29 cents will help keep the store in business.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:04 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,385,909 times
Anberlin, I took the quiz and I have healthy assertive complaining. I think that is true for the most part, but I tripped in the grocery store line at Walmart twice cause the lines were too long. I don't know how healthy that is? LOL

Old 04-04-2011, 01:45 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,249,739 times
My vent?

When I want to rep a post and I get a message telling me I need to spread it around. WHF?
At times, it's for someone i've never repped before! What gives?

Old 04-04-2011, 07:52 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,101,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
My vent?

When I want to rep a post and I get a message telling me I need to spread it around. WHF?
At times, it's for someone i've never repped before! What gives?
That annoys me to no end! Often times, I rep someone then they go and post something so profound, funny or a compliment and I cannot rep them for it! Grrrr!

Along the same lines, those of you who play games can surely agree with this ... Why can't they extend the 60 second rule for games? We often post so fast that it slows things down too much AND others often beat you while you are in your 60-second purgatory!

Old 04-05-2011, 05:33 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,385,909 times
I am here to vent about and boy do I have a doozie: I have a new friend we have known each other 20 years, but only started hanging out about a year ago. Basically she talks allot about a distant relative of mine she is in love with even though she is married to a very nice man I am fond of. I have told her in everything, but ching-chong be happy in the present and let the pass go. She ignores this makes almost every conversation about the love of her life(my relative). I feel as if I a facilitating her being unfaithful on a certain level. I really try and discourage her. I figured she has some issues she needs to workout so I am tolerant and supportive as I can be. Now we have some people in common who have taken advantage of a person with limited financial resources and fragile health. I am clearly on the side of the underdog in this matter, but my friend had the nerve to tell me she didn't want to take sides in the matter. Now that would be okay if she were not in the ear of the person who is really being taken advantage telling her these people don't love u and u should just restart ur life and that their actions are unconscionable. She says she is praying but she can't pray for the person being persecuted and robbed and character maligned to come out of this thing the winner because she doesn't know the whole story. Well I have persevered with this woman as long as I can. How can u be someone's friend see them being wronged, tell them their being wronged and not take sides? U can't stay neutral and fuel the fire at the same time. I think I am going to have to distance myself from her.

Last edited by sun queen; 04-05-2011 at 06:01 AM..

Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 AM

18,257 posts, read 14,520,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatteress View Post

along the same lines, those of you who play games can surely agree with this ... Why can't they extend the 60 second rule for games? We often post so fast that it slows things down too much and others often beat you while you are in your 60-second purgatory!

Lol!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,488,501 times
Just been fired. Woohoo my life is on a roll!

NOT

Old 04-05-2011, 01:42 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,027,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I am here to vent about and boy do I have a doozie: I have a new friend we have known each other 20 years, but only started hanging out about a year ago. Basically she talks allot about a distant relative of mine she is in love with even though she is married to a very nice man I am fond of. I have told her in everything, but ching-chong be happy in the present and let the pass go. She ignores this makes almost every conversation about the love of her life(my relative). I feel as if I a facilitating her being unfaithful on a certain level. I really try and discourage her. I figured she has some issues she needs to workout so I am tolerant and supportive as I can be. Now we have some people in common who have taken advantage of a person with limited financial resources and fragile health. I am clearly on the side of the underdog in this matter, but my friend had the nerve to tell me she didn't want to take sides in the matter. Now that would be okay if she were not in the ear of the person who is really being taken advantage telling her these people don't love u and u should just restart ur life and that their actions are unconscionable. She says she is praying but she can't pray for the person being persecuted and robbed and character maligned to come out of this thing the winner because she doesn't know the whole story. Well I have persevered with this woman as long as I can. How can u be someone's friend see them being wronged, tell them their being wronged and not take sides? U can't stay neutral and fuel the fire at the same time. I think I am going to have to distance myself from her.
Good idea, that's not the kind of person I would want to be around. How can you possibly have any trust in this person now. I wonder what she might be saying about you or another friend when you aren't there. I'd "nip it in the bud"...As Barney Fife used to say.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:13 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,197,591 times
Uggh... why is it 45 degrees and pouring rain in April? Is spring ever going to come? My complaint is that i live in the Northeast, where it seems like we have only 2 months of summer (July and Aug), and 5 and a half long months of winter (Nov thru Mid April).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics