Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 01:27 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,324,103 times

Advertisements

Thanks guys, Aksarben and todd00. I so appreciate the support and kind words. I could use a cheerleader right about now. I had this beautiful baby boy I adored and cherished. I could fix anything that went wrong in his world. It just kinda sucks he turned into a tall hairy man with his own mind and I can no longer fix the world for him. He's not my baby anymore. It is interesting how much we have to let go of in the journey of life for personal growth sake. I am glad I have u guys to help me in the growth process.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:02 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Thanks guys, Aksarben and todd00. I so appreciate the support and kind words. I could use a cheerleader right about now. I had this beautiful baby boy I adored and cherished. I could fix anything that went wrong in his world. It just kinda sucks he turned into a tall hairy man with his own mind and I can no longer fix the world for him. He's not my baby anymore. It is interesting how much we have to let go of in the journey of life for personal growth sake. I am glad I have u guys to help me in the growth process.
The positive side of watching kids grow up and beginning to fly, is being able to respect them and seeing them as good friends as well as loving them.

My little Schnauzer, Scooter will stay my young son for a life time though. That's another reason I prefer canine and feline parenting.

Hope Saturday is better for you. Hope its better for me too, Friday was awful too.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:52 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,468,197 times
So I received a friend request from someone I deleted. I've posted about this girl before. She's the girl that embarrassed me in front of the entire class in high school over something trivial. So after high school, she was one of the people I deleted, because I wanted to forget her.

I haven't seen her since I graduated. I graduated in 2009 and she graduated in 2010.

Since I haven't seen her since 2009 and because of what happened between us in high school, I find it odd that she would send me a friend request.

I honestly don't know what to do. Confirm or decline her friend request? Or just let the friend request sit in the queue?

Old 04-16-2011, 08:08 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
So I received a friend request from someone I deleted. I've posted about this girl before. She's the girl that embarrassed me in front of the entire class in high school over something trivial. So after high school, she was one of the people I deleted, because I wanted to forget her.

I haven't seen her since I graduated. I graduated in 2009 and she graduated in 2010.

Since I haven't seen her since 2009 and because of what happened between us in high school, I find it odd that she would send me a friend request.

I honestly don't know what to do. Confirm or decline her friend request? Or just let the friend request sit in the queue?
It's really odd and I think you should start a whole new thread about it in an appropriate forum.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:30 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,507 times
Quote:
Just make a decision, act on it and please don't tell us.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:44 PM

I have a church picnic to attend today. I said I would show up, but I am in noways feeling like good Christian fellowship in the hot sun. They should have had this picnic in March when there are more cool days to choose from. I guess I am an arm chair quarter back.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:40 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,396,101 times
Quote:

I've found when it comes to deleted friendships, don't go back. There was a reason why the friendship ended, and that reason will come back. there's plenty of people in the world, don't muck up your present with old stuff from the past. along life's journey I've deleted some friends, I figured they had their chance, now its time to let someone else be my friend!

Face it, if you've gone this long without them, you can keep right on doing so!

Old 04-16-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
The positive side of watching kids grow up and beginning to fly, is being able to respect them and seeing them as good friends as well as loving them.

My little Schnauzer, Scooter will stay my young son for a life time though. That's another reason I prefer canine and feline parenting.

Hope Saturday is better for you. Hope its better for me too, Friday was awful too.
Saturday is better as long as I don't think about the level of disrespect this kid has demonstrated in making a poor choice, I don't think we are speaking yet. I am just talking at him until we can talk together. I can't imagine being my kids friend. It is a foreign concept to me. I mean I am his best friend, but I don't see us on the same social level. Maybe I need to rethink how I think of my relationship with him. I wonder if we can be friends. Maybe someday, but not today as I am still processing the trying to reconcile his inappropriate behavior.
Freakin kid hassles

Old 04-16-2011, 10:32 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times
^^ My guess is that you’ll work though it and slowly things will improve. Remember you can’t always fix things, but many times this are lessons in life that kids will learn from. It’s just another learning experience for him. He needs to deal with the consequences good bad or indifferent.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:37 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times
Seems that I’m witnessing more and more nutty drivers that border on road-rage driving the freeways. Again midday with all the others in traffic there has to be “one” special driver who knows how to speed, cut in & out of lanes and get to the next exit. I regret seeing the photo radar units being taken down and removed. That caused lots of idiots to drive normal and avoid being so aggressive. The state also received a lot of money from photo radar fines that helped cover costs, now they get nothings and it crazies are back on the highways doing what they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics