Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 02:46 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,404,358 times

Advertisements

This is probably a good and bad vent, I'm not sure..

I am thankful that I know how to speak and write in English, but I'm starting to get really irritated when some people find the slightest grammar error in how I write. I am happy when people are trying to help me with my English but try to understand that learning English is not that easy. My point? Stop trying to correct every little grammar mistake I make, tell me that my English is not that good or that you're having a hard time understanding what I'm trying to say. If you have not learned or taken any tonal language, I suggest you do so that you may (maybe) understand how I feel about being corrected all the time. That's if you would even want understand the frustrations some people go through...

Last edited by ho hey!; 05-31-2011 at 02:54 AM..

Old 05-31-2011, 06:58 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,280,050 times
Where are you from? (If my former boss could see that, she'd shoot me! "Where do you live" or "What nationality are you?")

Old 05-31-2011, 07:19 AM

19,567 posts, read 9,575,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Cooking with red and black pepper and now have the sneezes
I don't use much salt or hardly any at all, but I do love peppering my food. Aaaachooo

Old 05-31-2011, 07:35 AM

19,567 posts, read 9,575,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Yesterday we were at the grocery store and purchased most everything we needed for the weekend meals and we returned home to get things put away and enjoy the rest of the day. However today I started to prepare the chicken for bbq’N and found that it was soiled and smelled very bad. I took the packages of chicken back to the store and got a refund. However the clerk seemed very unconcerned about the meat being bad. I told her we bought it yesterday late in the afternoon and went directly home placing it in the refrigerator for today. It didn’t sit out in the warm car or at home on the counter before we got ready to use it. I told the clerk that maybe the butcher should know about the packages and remove them from the shelf so others don’t buy them. She said it wasn’t important - that this was most likely the only ones that were bad. So other customers can now expect to buy the same bad chicken that I got. I didn’t make much sense to me that “why wouldn’t the other packed chicken also be spoiled?”

I left the store and went to the other grocery store in the area to buy my needed chicken for the bbq today. The grill is getting warmed up as I type this, and I’m going start making smoke in the neighborhood soon.
"not important"? Depending on the degree of possible spoilage, I think the unsuspecting customers would disagree with that clerk. How could she know that the one you had was the "only one" that was bad? If you hear reports of people getting sick on your local news you'll know. That's a good indicator to stay away from that grocery store. I think the managers would want to keep their customers and take compliments as well as suggestions/comments to heart. I hope she did a turnaround and contacted someone from the meat department to look into it.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:47 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,041,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I don't use much salt or hardly any at all, but I do love peppering my food. Aaaachooo
Oh yeah ... Definitely use plenty of pepper, especially on pastas and veggies. People often ask me when I'm done "peppering" up my food, "Are you sure you have enough pepper there?"

Old 05-31-2011, 11:45 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,802,131 times
Spoilage? Not important? - she should eat the spoiled food herself already ( emphasis based grammatical error)
I haven't encountered the spoiled meat situation, but have found many items on shelves way past their sell by dates. Previously I thought finding things 6 months past their dates was bad, but last month I found some items that should have been pulled a year ago.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cold View Post
Spoilage? Not important? - she should eat the spoiled food herself already ( emphasis based grammatical error)
I haven't encountered the spoiled meat situation, but have found many items on shelves way past their sell by dates. Previously I thought finding things 6 months past their dates was bad, but last month I found some items that should have been pulled a year ago.
I so agree with you ... I'm always checking the expiration dates because you cannot assume that the grocery stores would do the right thing by pulling those products!

Old 05-31-2011, 03:43 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,435,148 times
Without my computer in the house, it's very much as if a treasured family member just died. I got more pleasure, entertainment, laughter, sexual activity, motivation, encouragement, excitement, intellectual stimulation and development out of that box than any human being I've ever encountered.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:54 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,155,729 times
Default They wont dispose of the trash!!

Folks in my building throw trash out the window down into the courtyard, or leave it in the hall. Then they complain about mice and other pests.

They have thrown out their common sense as well. Action=Reaction. Clean building=Less vermin.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:04 PM

Folks who throw the junk mail on the ground versus tossing it into the trash. I realize that most folks, including myself, hate receiving this junk but please be civilized and toss that junk in the trash versus leaving a mess at the mailboxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics