Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 09:01 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Stressed when you have someone over at the house with kids who seem to move around into every room and opened door in the house. You don’t know what they are into and if they’ll get hurt,,, so there’s a little worry there. We’re not a “child proof” house with items put away to avoid injuries if younger kids get them. However why do their mother/s allow them to run around in the first place. I guess I’m not a grandparent with kids around the house or I’d be use to it.
That's just plain disrespectful! If parents cannot control their children, then they have no business going to people's homes. Sorry but the cute little antics of your darling child is not always cute to others!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:30 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
I am with u Chatteress on that one. People should not bring their kids to ur house and not watch em and make them behave...

I sometimes really wonder why would God allowed me to be a parent. I mean I don't feel equal to the task. My comfort is HE never makes mistakes so it is all good. The kids are not going to kill me...

Old 06-02-2011, 08:49 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
We got a phone call this morning and they cancelled an appointment that was setup. Now we’ll have to reschedule another date and time.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:22 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
Quote:
Stressed when you have someone over at the house with kids who seem to move around into every room and opened door in the house. You don’t know what they are into and if they’ll get hurt,,, so there’s a little worry there. We’re not a “child proof” house with items put away to avoid injuries if younger kids get them. However why do their mother/s allow them to run around in the first place. I guess I’m not a grandparent with kids around the house or I’d be use to it.
Oh AGREED!! For the life of me, I can't understand parents who do this. Childproofed or not, it is disrespectful and irresponsible of a parent to bring children to someone's home and allow them to simply wander about, snooping, climbing and/or getting into everything. If you're not told you can touch....DON'T TOUCH! At my home, it doesn't just apply to indoors. I have extensive flower beds, all bordered with river rock (boundaries!). Keep your kids out of my flower beds! I also have fish ponds...watch your kids, keep them OUT of my fish ponds, and do NOT allow them to pick up things and throw them IN my fish ponds. If you can't handle your kids, don't bring them to my house!

This stress/peeve doesn't just extend to children, but people who MUST bring their dogs along to visit. If you bring your dog to my house, keep it on a leash! I will be unbelievably CURT with you if your Fido climbs into my flowerbeds or vegetable garden beds. I will also be extremely offended if they **** up and pee on my plants or squat and crap in my yard,especially if you do not clean it up. Snippy and particular? Yeah, maybe..but it's MY house and MY yard.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:58 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
We used to have a neighbor who wasn't very thoughtful and, one day, she knocked on our door and, when we opened it, her nasty little flea ridden pooch ran right into our house! Now, we have 4 cats who do not go outside and haven't seen a flea since we've had them. DH told her in no uncertain terms that her dog was not allowed inside our home.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:59 PM

The contractor was suppose to come back over this morning and paint several vents on the roof. He showed up and took a look, then said he had to get six cans of spray paint at his supply store and would return next week. whaateverrrrrrr works. Just do it

Old 06-02-2011, 06:10 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
Quote:
The contractor was suppose to come back over this morning and paint several vents on the roof. He showed up and took a look, then said he had to get six cans of spray paint at his supply store and would return next week. whaateverrrrrrr works. Just do it
It's going to take him until next WEEK to get 6 cans of spray paint!?

Old 06-02-2011, 09:51 PM

beachmel

Contractors are always looking for work but when it comes, they tend to be busy with other things. You may have him for the week but do return him with the paint to finish the roofing job his crew started. thanks

Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
beachmel

Contractors are always looking for work but when it comes, they tend to be busy with other things. You may have him for the week but do return him with the paint to finish the roofing job his crew started. thanks
Oh..don't even get me going. My family is finishing a cottage (almost done) which is a 90 minute drive. One family member suggested we sell this cottage, and build another one. I can't believe it; but then they haven't been driving out there, checking on things...might be different if they were doing more work Why can't we just enjoy what we have for awhile? And yes, they have young kids, who expect everyone to work around their schedule. My cousin is mortified with her daughter's decision to let these little guys run around like crazy (4,6&7). Don't these folks realize that the real world has rules.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:18 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Oh..don't even get me going. My family is finishing a cottage (almost done) which is a 90 minute drive. One family member suggested we sell this cottage, and build another one. I can't believe it; but then they haven't been driving out there, checking on things...might be different if they were doing more work Why can't we just enjoy what we have for awhile? And yes, they have young kids, who expect everyone to work around their schedule. My cousin is mortified with her daughter's decision to let these little guys run around like crazy (4,6&7). Don't these folks realize that the real world has rules.
yes the real world has rules... And it seems to be a growing idea among those who have small children that there kids are exempt. Maybe due to their age, but the parents will be sorry when those kids are old enough to give them serious grief... There are rules in life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics