Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 05:48 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,004,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Gas prices AGAIN are going UP. Yet our oil company refineries are producing more than the nation needs and have been exporting gasoline to offshore countries. Our supply and demand no longer is affecting the price at the pump.
I'd love to slap (at least) everyone responsible for this gas price mess. Put them all in a room, tie them in a chair, and let me at 'em.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:24 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,199,350 times
Thank you AksarbeN for starting this thread...here's mine for the day, week, month, year...

Insurance companies are the biggest shysters and sharks out there!
Life is difficult and then you die
Menopause SUCKS!
People can be soooo rude and obnoxious
Florida is waaayyy too hot for too long
Being poor sucks worse than menopause
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Anybody got a Valium or Xanax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The stress & venting thread ~ for everyone.

There always seems to be a day now and then [sometimes too often] that stress and frustration is too much to handle. Those days are miserable to deal with. Sometimes it’s just a little insignificant item but it brings us stress for the moment, other times it’s far more involved and longer lasting. In any case one of the best ways to eliminate stress or frustration is to bring it out into the open, say something about it to someone else. They may not have an answer but it always feels good to share a problem with others ~ seems to cut the problem in half and you feel better just talking about it.

If this works, this might be a good new thread to VENT ~ vent your problem each day and unload it from your mind, less stress makes for a happier you in the end. Keep in mind that no one will have an answer to your problem, there are no fixes here, and no solutions to the big issue you have, but you’ll know that it’s not stressing you any longer [or as much]. Heck you might even get lucky and someone has an answer to your dilemma! Who knows,,,,,, there are no guarantees.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:15 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,994,069 times
"biggest shysters and sharks out there"

The Big 3 - Lawyers, Insurance companies and Politicians

Old 01-06-2012, 11:41 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,038,966 times
Here we are in the FIRST week of January 2012 and I'm in Target to buy some items and ... Sufferin' Succotash!!!!!! ..... the freakin' Valentine's Day crap is out!

Old 01-07-2012, 08:25 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,255,503 times
I didn't have the time to do reps yesterday/last night and now it keeps slapping at me on the ones I've tried so far.

I request that CD give all my favorite CD posters a rep immediately!

Old 01-07-2012, 08:46 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,255,503 times
Keeping you in my prayers, nimchimpsky, and sending lots of cyber hugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I have really severe PTSD because I just started remembering parts of the abusive situation I was in that I had previously blocked out, such as my ex trying to strangle me to death and pulling a knife on me and trying to stab me to death. In case that wasn't enough, I just found out my friend died in a car accident. I set up counseling at school and I'm going to have an awesome therapist who is deaf blind herself and understands my perspective (I'm blind and was deaf blind during the abuse), but school doesn't re-open till January 17th and all my friends are out of town which means I'm stuck alone with my grief and flashbacks, unable to sleep or shower without thinking someone is strangling me to death and trying to stab me to death, and with zero emotional support and no one to talk to, not even a professional until Jan 17. On top of that I can't show any of my pain in front of my parents, cause they don't know the difference between PTSD and psychosis/schizophrenia/other unrelated mental illnesses, and last time I let them see me falling apart they trying to get me committed for manic depression/borderline personality disorder, which according to them is the same thing. ETA: I can't go to an ER cause I'm not suicidal/homicidal, so they won't do anything. (I don't want to kill myself cause I want to work with deaf blind people and I can't do that dead.)

Old 01-07-2012, 05:02 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,228,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Haha! Sorry Pamela! I'm no cowgirl but just a wimpy when it comes to spiders. My fear just has to do with missing my aim and having them crawl out of my reach ... I have used Windex to some success (better than bug spray and less toxic) but this sucker was positioned in a place where I did not wish to spray Windex (or any chemical). I've gotten better with the smaller spiders but this sucker was pretty big.
I was just kidding! I can't stand spiders either.

This past summer I was working in the garden while my kids were cleaning out the barn. My youngest son (20) walked over to me and said "guess what I found". He pulled his hand from behind him and had a tarantula in it the size of a teacup saucer.

Let's just say they heard me say a few words they never heard me say before, right before I turned the hose on the boy.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:26 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,004,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Here we are in the FIRST week of January 2012 and I'm in Target to buy some items and ... Sufferin' Succotash!!!!!! ..... the freakin' Valentine's Day crap is out!
Oh, for goodness sake! Talk about jumping the gun.
Probably the day after Valentine's Day, Easter baskets will be out.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:54 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,578,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I was just kidding! I can't stand spiders either.

This past summer I was working in the garden while my kids were cleaning out the barn. My youngest son (20) walked over to me and said "guess what I found". He pulled his hand from behind him and had a tarantula in it the size of a teacup saucer.

Let's just say they heard me say a few words they never heard me say before, right before I turned the hose on the boy.
There is one kind that makes my skin crawl: anything that slithers such as, maggots and earthworms!

Old 01-07-2012, 07:24 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,228,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
There is one kind that makes my skin crawl: anything that slithers such as, maggots and earthworms!
I agree! Although I have come to appreciate earthworms in the past few years. They make my garden happy!

Snakes, now that's different. We have so many in this area that I carry a gun when i'm working in the garden just to kill rattlesnakes. Gopher and King snakes, those I leave alone because they're the ones who keep the rattlesnake population down.

Still don't like them though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics