Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 06:32 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,284,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
My own vent this morning is a cold I am babysitting that is not going away. This morning I woke up with a really sore throat. I hate being sick. It's just a waste of time. Oh well, at least I still feel well enough to be on here for a bit.

Just now getting a chance to read here.........sorry to see that you are not feeling well and on your day off makes it even worse.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:51 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,837,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
Just now getting a chance to read here.........sorry to see that you are not feeling well and on your day off makes it even worse.
Thanks for your wellness thoughts. Today is supposed to be a statutory holiday here. Last night Cujo sent everyone a text telling us we are working today. I told him I will come in at noon today, because I will have to drive a couple of hours, and he was pretty displeased--insisting today is not a stat.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:24 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,997,313 times
Quote:
Thanks for your wellness thoughts. Today is supposed to be a statutory holiday here. Last night Cujo sent everyone a text telling us we are working today. I told him I will come in at noon today, because I will have to drive a couple of hours, and he was pretty displeased--insisting today is not a stat.
What if you just hadn't answered the jerk, some people do have their phones off now and then, or have the ringers off, especially when ill. You been sick, tell him you are sick. Man you gotta get a new job, what a creep this guy is. Even getting less money some place else is better than the having to deal with someone like that everyday. You can't really put a price on the extra stress and what it does to your health being on edge all the time. This guy need an attitude adjustment,right in his big fat head. Hope your day is ok as it can be. Don't take any crap from this guy, he would probably be up a tree if you up and quit and I doubt he could keep any replacement help long either with that winning personality of his.

Kids want to grow up so they can do what they want to do and then many get stuck with bosses that treat them with less respect and courtesy than their high school teachers did. And ya still feel trapped just like when you had to go to school and hated to go. That was the rude awakening I got after I got out of college. Man, I should have been a scuba teacher, a beach bum, or a rock star. Life a gas, ain't it.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
What if you just hadn't answered the jerk, some people do have their phones off now and then, or have the ringers off, especially when ill. You been sick, tell him you are sick. Man you gotta get a new job, what a creep this guy is. Even getting less money some place else is better than the having to deal with someone like that everyday. You can't really put a price on the extra stress and what it does to your health being on edge all the time. This guy need an attitude adjustment,right in his big fat head. Hope your day is ok as it can be. Don't take any crap from this guy, he would probably be up a tree if you up and quit and I doubt he could keep any replacement help long either with that winning personality of his.

Kids want to grow up so they can do what they want to do and then many get stuck with bosses that treat them with less respect and courtesy than their high school teachers did. And ya still feel trapped just like when you had to go to school and hated to go. That was the rude awakening I got after I got out of college. Man, I should have been a scuba teacher, a beach bum, or a rock star. Life a gas, ain't it.
Thanks, Todd. Well, just before I crawled back into bed this morning, I checked my vm, and lo and behold there is a new snarly message from him. Seems that he went into work, and of course no one we work for and with is working because it is a stat. Even the notice he posted on our doors said we were not reopening until January 3, 2012. So he leaves a #$%$&!!!** message about how he drove all the way into work for nothing--then says "Don't bother coming @&$^%@&!! in". At least now I have another day to rest. I'm working on getting out of there.

Last edited by taigagirl; 01-02-2012 at 09:21 AM..

Old 01-02-2012, 09:13 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,997,313 times
Quote:
Thanks, Todd. Well, just before I crawled back into bed this morning, I checked my vm, and lo and behold there is a new snarly message from him. Seems that he went into work, and of course no one we we work for and with is working because it is a stat. Even the notice he posted on our doors said we were not reopening until January 3, 2012. So he leaves a #$%$&!!!** message about how he drove all the way into work for nothing--then says "Don't bother coming @&$^%@&!! in". At least now I have another day to rest. I'm working on getting out of there.
Is he such an idiot he doesn't even remember what he posted on the door before the holiday? Oh boo-hoo he drove into work when he told everyone it was a day off. God, I don't know how you stand it. Anyway enjoy your day off, for tomorrow the mad man will roar.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Is he such an idiot he doesn't even remember what he posted on the door before the holiday? Oh boo-hoo he drove into work when he told everyone it was a day off. God, I don't know how you stand it. Anyway enjoy your day off, for tomorrow the mad man will roar.
Yeah, he will be. He is getting a visit from some folks he would rather not see on Wednesday...

Old 01-02-2012, 01:27 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,430,297 times
I am staying at a campground. It is expected that people pick up after their pets. As I was walking my dog...with my baggies....I saw 2 different spots of other people's pet poop. This is just something that really irks me. People who think they are special and the rules don't apply to them If you have a pet then be a responsible pet owner. Some day...dogs won't be allowed in campgrounds because people are too lazy or too special

There...a small peeve off my chest. Thanks guys and gals

Old 01-02-2012, 02:56 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,920,491 times
^^ I agree with you 100%,,,,, your pet - your poop - you pick it up!

I've seen people in our area leave it as well, and some have said that "I'll pick it up on the way back". I've never seen anyone on the way back picking up anything.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:11 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,583,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I am staying at a campground. It is expected that people pick up after their pets. As I was walking my dog...with my baggies....I saw 2 different spots of other people's pet poop. This is just something that really irks me. People who think they are special and the rules don't apply to them If you have a pet then be a responsible pet owner. Some day...dogs won't be allowed in campgrounds because people are too lazy or too special

There...a small peeve off my chest. Thanks guys and gals
Speaking of doggie poop! I live in a close-knit community where most neighbors know each other. Yesterday, I noticed an almost dried up pile outside my perimeter fence we painstakingly landscaped to look beautiful. I have a dog myself and like you we make sure he doesn't defile our yard, let alone anybody's yard or street out of sanitary and courtesy reasons, we trained our dogs to never do that. Whew!!! I finally vented and it feels good.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:48 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,257,882 times
Venting! Forecast for tonight is 32F here in Tampa area. I don't like cold weather! I was out earlier today in the very warm sun. At the moment, the thermo shows it's still 73F inside and cable shows us at 56F. I just walked out on the patio to check and it's coming for sure. So for the first time I turned A/C switch off so it will have it's rest just in case it gets cold enough inside for a chill where I need more than long pants, long sleeves and socks. Fiddle sticks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics