Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 06:59 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times

Advertisements

I'm back for a moment! After posting I thought about the silvadene I keep at home in case of burns. So browsed on other uses and people have had great success with it on a recluse bite! So applied it and it already looks better. Now I'm going to today's "walnut" post for something I thought about and then I really am done for the night.

Thanks for the concern, everyone! I know spider bites can be scary so will take my butt and arm to the ER tomorrow if it needs a doc.

Do not have prednisone on hand or a local vet yet but I sure do have garlic and have had some today. Garlic good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Good luck, lady. Good thoughts headed your way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Do you have any prednisone? If so I'd take that for a couple days see if you see a difference. A doctor would probably start off with giving you prednisone anyway. If you have a vet that you are have a long history that will give meds when you need them for your pets without you hauling them in every time, maybe you can get some there. Garlic is a good natural antibiotic among other things, you might take some of that. Good luck with it.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:59 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Update: I decided to go ahead and request a schedule change ... Although this means I may not get home until 8pm, it does make me feel better having additional cushion time in the morning. Glad it was approved without any hassles. One good thing that came out of this was that the fact that it was discovered that somebody forgot to put my schedule into the system so I'm glad this was caught in time as I'd hate to travel those 40 miles next week just to discover that I'm not scheduled to be there ....
Chatteress I am glad this worked out for you.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:01 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
I'm back for a moment! After posting I thought about the silvadene I keep at home in case of burns. So browsed on other uses and people have had great success with it on a recluse bite! So applied it and it already looks better. Now I'm going to today's "walnut" post for something I thought about and then I really am done for the night.

Thanks for the concern, everyone! I know spider bites can be scary so will take my butt and arm to the ER tomorrow if it needs a doc.

Do not have prednisone on hand or a local vet yet but I sure do have garlic and have had some today. Garlic good!
Kitty I just read all these posts. I really hope you are okay. Please do get yourself into ER, if you don't get better soon.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:21 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
So NOW I get a Jury Summons I cannot AFFORD to take time off because if I'm not at work, I don't get paid! I just got a lucrative part-time job opportunity and I cannot afford time off!

Old 01-11-2012, 09:39 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
^^ I got one last week. Maybe we'll be on the same jury? I have to report in February.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:44 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ I got one last week. Maybe we'll be on the same jury? I have to report in February.
I doubt it ... Compton's a LONG way from AZ ... Hopefully I can get excused or at least have it postponed until the summer ... I cannot afford the income loss that would occur should I be absent from my job especially as I don't have any guarantee of hours after the semester is over.

Why are they even having me serve at Compton anyways ... I have a courthouse that's way closer than Compton ... 15 minutes versus the hour and half via bus ... This is the one area where I don't feel proud to be an American because I think it is wrong for our government to randomly select people and force them to serve without adequate compensation especially as this is disruptive to their lives. $15 is slave wages and governmental employees are eligible to receive their full wages. *Sigh* I just need to calm down as I don't need this stress...

Old 01-11-2012, 09:56 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
^^ Here, you could apply for a waiver however they will tap you again in the months to come until you actually go to the courthouse and pay them a visit.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:02 AM

Suspect spider bite update. The swelling is down. It's still a little red and a little bit itchy. Since it's on the wrist side that rests on the pad while I'm using the mouse, I created a wrap in cheesecloth to keep the ointment from smearing and still allow the skin to breathe.

So now I will get busy and go to work. Glad I'm working from home!

Have a safe and positive day, CDers! Venting is good. It keeps us from ballooning and popping our corks.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:22 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Glad you're feeling better Kitty. That must be scary being bitten. We're lucky in England,
we don't have poisonous creatures. We have a snake called an adder, which is poisonous,
but not deadly. They are very rare, I don't know anybody who has ever seen one.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Glad you're feeling better Kitty. That must be scary being bitten. We're lucky in England,
we don't have poisonous creatures. We have a snake called an adder, which is poisonous,
but not deadly. They are very rare, I don't know anybody who has ever seen one.
Dave, house spiders are very common in the US. I'm accustomed to the little wolf spiders I usually saw in Texas, fat body with shorter legs, grayish and white. They tended to stay at baseboards or find a place high on the wall. We had an understanding. If they stay away from anything I'm using, I won't chase them. Otherwise they're goners. They're kinda funny the way they stand and wave in attack mode when something is coming towards them and they also jump. Here in Florida I have seen one that I still do not know what it is but always catch and flush. With all my browsing yesterday I read that it helps to spray window sills and door frames with WD40 to keep spiders from coming in. I may give all the baseboards some of that using a spatula to push the carpet aside spraying with the little straw that comes with WD40. Doing the same in the laundry room and garage not a bad idea. It's warm enough here to open windows and air out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics