Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 09:57 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,972,082 times

Advertisements

The security alarm went off several times last night while I’m dead asleep. I ended up and out of bed to check this issue out but found nothing wrong. I guess it was simply a strong wind blowing objects around in the yard that caused the trouble. It stopped and I did get back to bed however it took me a while to fall back asleep again.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,267,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The security alarm went off several times last night while I’m dead asleep. I ended up and out of bed to check this issue out but found nothing wrong. I guess it was simply a strong wind blowing objects around in the yard that caused the trouble. It stopped and I did get back to bed however it took me a while to fall back asleep again.
That's a scary bummer! I've recently dealt with a smoke alarm that continues beeping even after opening two packages of new batteries so turned it off. Then the fridge started whining so while waiting for the new motor, I powered off the fridge and emptied it and used a cooler for a few things. New motor now in and it's quiet!

My peeve was yesterday watching traffic not get out of the way of fire truck and ambulance. It was a very large intersection and no reason for any vehicle to be in the way but it took nearly a minute for emergencies trucks to get through.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:10 AM

^^ I saw that same thing last night when driving home,,,,, the fire truck couldn't get through the intersection because of all the cars that ignored them.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:56 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,306,994 times
I'm ticked at myself.

I decided it was time to suck the water out of the fountain because it was getting a bit on the green side. OMG, you won't believe what I did. I decided to drain the water, then I used the "jet" part of the hose to wash off some of the green stuff. Drained that. Then I got about 3/4 cup of clorox bleach and put it in the fountain with more water and turned it back on to let it circulate. Duh. Somebody (I'm thinking hubby, the last time he did laundry) had used that particular measuring cup for detergent. Uh huh. Bubble fountain. Nice. At least there was only a little in it, so the bubbles didn't go all over the yard and the garden. It's all cleaned out now, and I'm letting it air dry for a bit before I put more water in it.

Reading this back, maybe I should have put it in the humor thread.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:00 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,204,142 times
OK here it goes...another venting episode for me...I am in a DEAD END relationship--have been for 6+ years...I've made a few attempts to leave, but foolishly stayed and continue to support and help this person, now I've become so depressed, down on myself and "stuck" that I have little energy/motivation to move on...I am in such a bad place mentally/physically I am really quite concerned. I won't go into detail, but I will say that the relationship is co-dependent to the extreme! I know what I should do, but am paralyzed to make a move, I keep hoping each day will bring me the willpower/energy to get the hell out and away from this person! Thanks for listening...

Old 01-08-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
OK here it goes...another venting episode for me...I am in a DEAD END relationship--have been for 6+ years...I've made a few attempts to leave, but foolishly stayed and continue to support and help this person, now I've become so depressed, down on myself and "stuck" that I have little energy/motivation to move on...I am in such a bad place mentally/physically I am really quite concerned. I won't go into detail, but I will say that the relationship is co-dependent to the extreme! I know what I should do, but am paralyzed to make a move, I keep hoping each day will bring me the willpower/energy to get the hell out and away from this person! Thanks for listening...
Ok for 6+ years you’ve spent and now figure are lost, cut the loss and move on. I can understand being “paralyzed to make a move” because you probably think you must continue this relationship, however ~ what did you do BEFORE you got co-dependent ????? You need to remember how strong and how much willpower or self-dependents YOU had BEFORE. How self-dependent were you before the past 6+ years? If it’s not working out, it’s time to get out before you waste more time. I wish you luck!

Old 01-08-2012, 12:36 PM

Talking Champagne Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I'm ticked at myself.

I decided it was time to suck the water out of the fountain because it was getting a bit on the green side. OMG, you won't believe what I did. I decided to drain the water, then I used the "jet" part of the hose to wash off some of the green stuff. Drained that. Then I got about 3/4 cup of clorox bleach and put it in the fountain with more water and turned it back on to let it circulate. Duh. Somebody (I'm thinking hubby, the last time he did laundry) had used that particular measuring cup for detergent. Uh huh. Bubble fountain. Nice. At least there was only a little in it, so the bubbles didn't go all over the yard and the garden. It's all cleaned out now, and I'm letting it air dry for a bit before I put more water in it.

Reading this back, maybe I should have put it in the humor thread.
For some reason I have a picture in my mind of Lawrence Welk, I had to watch this show when I was a kid because mom & dad had control of the tv.

Lawrence Welk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
During its first year on the air, the Welk hour instituted several regular features. To make Welk's "Champagne Music" tagline visual, the production crew engineered a "bubble machine" that spouted streams of large soap bubbles across the bandstand. Whenever the orchestra played a polka or waltz, Welk himself would dance with the band's female vocalist, the "Champagne Lady."
Maybe you should think about changing your user name to "Champagne Lady"? lol

Old 01-08-2012, 12:46 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,267,250 times
I'm forming a search party for sun queen who is MIA all month. Select your gear and join a team and find that woman!

Old 01-08-2012, 12:51 PM

4,711 posts, read 3,292,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
I'm forming a search party for sun queen who is MIA all month. Select your gear and join a team and find that woman!

I know I miss the Sun too!!!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 01:03 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,204,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Ok for 6+ years you’ve spent and now figure are lost, cut the loss and move on. I can understand being “paralyzed to make a move” because you probably think you must continue this relationship, however ~ what did you do BEFORE you got co-dependent ????? You need to remember how strong and how much willpower or self-dependents YOU had BEFORE. How self-dependent were you before the past 6+ years? If it’s not working out, it’s time to get out before you waste more time. I wish you luck!
Thank you AksarbeN...I would like to leave w/o DRAMA and threats, but that is impossible(I've tried in the past), so I have to gather what strength and resolve I have left and just do it as safely as possible! If he had a job, it would be so much easier, but you see, he never leaves the house long enough for me to gather my belongings and go because he knows if and when I get my chance I will leave. Some may say "just pack your stuff and go" but it's not that simple, his desperation of being left to fend for himself may put me in harms way, so I have to be careful and leave safely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics