Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 11:16 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There is an older female Beagle in the house - and Max who looks like a deer with out antlers...The eldest daughter travels - I have been taking care of them for a year now...at first they were a bother - but now ...Max loves to talk - and the Beagle loves to be sneaky - they are right out of an old Disney flick...a weird and wonderful pair...They go totally nuts when the daughter comes to visit..the beagle says to me - "she is hear and I don't have to listen to you - in fact I am going to lay on the couch now"....It's splendid...the older I get the more I understand how much mutts actually think - Max likes music and art - it's quite strange...oh and the beagle loves a good party...

Cute story. I had one that looked like a deer without antlers, as well. Living to be 16 is good for a big dog. Cancer and heart problems have taken most of mine. In fact I have a Beagle with heart problems now. He is on medication but he won't recover, its a matter of time. I hope he will have another year. He was from a slime ball breeder that just wanted them gone. He was going to breed a different kind because Beagles weren't popular. People like him should be exterminated slowly, but instead the USDA allows it to go on.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:45 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I want to find the guy who said "don't worry, be happy!"

Spoiler
I find it difficult today to be happy
I hear ya on that.
sometimes people are draining, they want to do tings on their schedule, and not mine....esp. now Im being social again...after isolating

"still cant decide" on were to move. lol, my mother always said I was fickle, but at least now I have choices after divorce

Old 12-31-2011, 11:26 AM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,614 times
Oh, shoot (and literally). Some nut sampled his/her firearm a few minutes ago, in preparation for 12 midnight.

Why, oh why, do people in this city shoot to bring in the New Year? Maybe because they shoot each other the rest of the year?

What I like about rural areas is the quiet. One day I'll move to such an area. For now, I'll use earplugs tonight and celebrate the New Year quietly (with Sangria wine and food).

Last edited by Soda120; 12-31-2011 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: Corrections

Old 12-31-2011, 06:33 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
^^ Every year they keep reminding people watching the news that it’s illegal to fire a weapon in the city limits, and every year some dumba$$ in our area has to fire off a round or two.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:37 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Well I won't be french kissing a cowboy tonight

Old 12-31-2011, 06:43 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Mrs Aks says the video is ready and I've got to come and watch the show! why ???? Enjoy the new year friends.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:05 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Mrs Aks says the video is ready and I've got to come and watch the show! why ???? Enjoy the new year friends.
LOL, well maybe you can catch a nap before midnight, tell her to turn down the lights, just don't snore.

Yeah as far as people shooting off guns, I guess they figure its louder than pots and pans and cheaper than fireworks.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:56 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times
My venting has to do with a stressful headache from the whining of the refrigerator. Has been going on for about two weeks. I did everything I could possibly do to "fix" it myself and finally contacted the landlord. She immediately sent repairman over. He determined it needs a new motor but will be end of next week before new one arrives. I'm keeping a headache with the whining and I'm concerned about what it may be doing to the cats with their fine hearing. So as soon as it's daylight I'm going out to get a cooler and will turn the d*mn thing off while waiting for the repair. I can also simply go out to the market deli for food each day. In fact, I'm going to turn it off right now. Why wait?
Edit: Repair guy was amazed at the cleanliness of the bottom, back and coils of the fridge. I keep a clean home but there's nothing me or anyone else can do about crappy things produced the last decade or so with imported parts.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:24 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Snap Kitty! I've got one just like it. The thing is in the dining room, so I don't notice
except when we eat. It is a fridge freezer made in Turkey, the brand is BEKO. It makes
a mooing sound like a cow, a long winded mooooooooo. Quite annoying while eating my
food! Does'nt do it all the time. Otherwise it works OK. Keeps my wine nicely chilled.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:56 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times
Dave, I would much rather have mooing than the ear splitting whining. It's now quiet thanks to my nifty fingers twisting the knobs. Take that, you whining fridge! I'm back with the cooler and picked up a Mickey D's egg/biscuit on the way home. Now I need to clean out the whiner!
My current little peeve is .......
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Snap Kitty! I've got one just like it. The thing is in the dining room, so I don't notice
except when we eat. It is a fridge freezer made in Turkey, the brand is BEKO. It makes
a mooing sound like a cow, a long winded mooooooooo. Quite annoying while eating my
food! Does'nt do it all the time. Otherwise it works OK. Keeps my wine nicely chilled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics