Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 09:22 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,228,658 times

Advertisements

Just had a screaming match with a neighbor. He keeps insisting that our dogs are killing his cows. It doesn't matter that there are roughly 100 coyotes around here and our dogs are fenced, not to mention a pack of feral dogs that roam the area.

Stupid old jerk!

Old 03-20-2012, 09:50 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,835,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Just had a screaming match with a neighbor. He keeps insisting that our dogs are killing his cows. It doesn't matter that there are roughly 100 coyotes around here and our dogs are fenced, not to mention a pack of feral dogs that roam the area.

Stupid old jerk!
He needs to get himself a livestock guardian dog. Maybe a Great Pyrenees. I am sure he would see his livestock losses go down very quickly. Add a donkey into the mix, and he would have the perfect team to take on any coyotes and or feral dogs. It is just so easy to blame your dogs; instead of being proactive. Maybe you could suggest that to him?? Sounds like he needs to sign up for livestock survival 101.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:32 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,255,503 times
Quote:

Stupid old jerk!
A ridiculous thing for the man to do! He wanted to take his anger out on someone and headed straight for a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
He needs to get himself a livestock guardian dog. Maybe a Great Pyrenees. I am sure he would see his livestock losses go down very quickly. Add a donkey into the mix, and he would have the perfect team to take on any coyotes and or feral dogs. It is just so easy to blame your dogs; instead of being proactive. Maybe you could suggest that to him?? Sounds like he needs to sign up for livestock survival 101.
Sounds like a great plan! That is a terrific team but no, the man would rather lose cows and scream at Pamela.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:04 AM

840 posts, read 1,148,879 times
Quote:

Stupid old jerk!
Maybe he's pinning it on your dogs just so he could get compensation for it.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 PM

23,239 posts, read 29,090,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
"I am too blessed to stress" I am totally happy and content and while that isn't my complaint though the fact that every moment is not like this... is
Those that have a permit to carry a gun will never be found adding to this thread!

What kind of gun to you carry, Sun queen?

Old 03-20-2012, 11:11 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,614,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Guess I'm the only one here tonight. My major stress is my dogs cancer, its looks so gross, putting his stuff on it and it just set me off tonight. You can hope/pray whatever you prefer and the outcome won't change. She's still eating now but that could change over night, ya just never know with it. I'm angry at the bad things that happen to pets and decent people while the scum of the earth lives high on the hog.
I will pray for your dog Todd. I lost my Mom at early age and still resent it...I am sick of selfish people who go through life not following the rules and getting their way all the time.

Keep her comfortable, my sharpei Jackie had stomach issues, dogs will break your heart , but they are better than people , and loyal .

Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,473,281 times
I am so tired of people giving up so easily. I got a new job today, which I’m totally excited about. Of course I woke up sick as a puppy and lost my voice, but since it’s the first day, I wanted to make a good impression so I showed up anyway. Well what do you know they didn’t have the technology I need ready for me. They were scrambling to download it when I arrived and then when they called their computer tech guy, he said he was asleep (this is at like 10 AM mind you) and didn’t feel like talking on the phone. To add to that, I’ve been trying to meet with this professor at my school for months now. He’s ignored my emails, not been there several times when I showed up during his posted office hours, stood me up several times, and today he cancelled on me for the sixth time. I need to get through to this guy because he’s the only person that can convince my school that I can be an intepreter blind. I’d had issues with other people wanting to turn down my application just on the basis of my blindness but I refuse to let that happen. Why did he cancel today? Because he’s not feeling well. Well guess what, I’m not feeling well either. But I planned on showing up anyway cause I’ve been trying to meet with him since November 2011. I know people have the right to stay home when they don’t feel well, but I get frustrated cause I don’t have that privilege. I feel like crap most days because of my fibromyalgia and PTSD, but I don’t get to cancel every time I feel like crap cause otherwise I’d be home from school half of the time. It pisses me off that people give up so easily when I feel like I’m trying so hard. I know there are other people that work hard too, but I just feel like they’re so few and far between. Why are so many people so lazy or so quick to give up? It drives me nuts.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:08 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,255,503 times
Todd00, I completely missed your post dreamofmonterey has replied to. I think about your sweet dog often, wishing & hoping & praying for her. (((Hugs))) for both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00
Guess I'm the only one here tonight. My major stress is my dogs cancer, its looks so gross, putting his stuff on it and it just set me off tonight. You can hope/pray whatever you prefer and the outcome won't change. She's still eating now but that could change over night, ya just never know with it. I'm angry at the bad things that happen to pets and decent people while the scum of the earth lives high on the hog.

I will pray for your dog Todd. I lost my Mom at early age and still resent it...I am sick of selfish people who go through life not following the rules and getting their way all the time.

Keep her comfortable, my sharpei Jackie had stomach issues, dogs will break your heart , but they are better than people , and loyal .

Old 03-21-2012, 02:42 PM

19,556 posts, read 9,568,160 times
I just got an email from a company advertising their end of Spring sales day
Wasn't yesterday just the start of Spring?

Guess tomorrow will be the start of Summer then

Old 03-21-2012, 08:41 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,993,509 times
Thanks, DofM and DK. Sure hope your dog gets to feeling better, DofM.

My old girl has been eating well, but today she didnt finish her turkey and I gave her a smaller amount too. So I hope this isnt the beginning of it all. I'll try later on.

Cat1116, the way the weathers been this year, who knows. I don't like the heat so I'm not anxious for summer.

Sorry Nim, and then its people that don't understand the daily effort those with disabilities have to deal with that are giving a lectures on not giving up and trying harder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics