Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 04:27 AM

5,234 posts, read 8,042,140 times

Advertisements

I've been reading about the young man that was shot by that neighborhood watch wacko. Though he murdered this boy he has not been arrested. This makes me very angry, call this my vent for the day. There is a petition on Change.org asking steps be taken to prosecute the shooter. They have over 984,000 signatures but still need more. I signed it, I hope you will too. Thanks.

https://www.change.org/petitions/pro...trayvon-martin

Old 03-22-2012, 10:46 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,417,769 times
Traffic... need I say more. ...

Old 03-22-2012, 04:02 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,107,321 times
^^^ Snowbirds will be leaving the valley soon and our streets will have less traffic.

Yeah,,, I saw another lane weaver this afternoon while running an errand. Please ………………. Drive or get off the phone – you can’t do both!

It’s impossible for some people to use their cell phones and drive the car keeping it in the “same” lane without weaving back and forth like a drunk driver.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:44 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,293,428 times
Smoke alarm beeping with dead battery .... why oh why do they do it at night! Last night two of them at opposite ends of the house started within seconds of each other. My worry was that one or both would continue beeping even with a new battery since that has already happened in one room. But they both have remained quiet.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:55 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,107,321 times
^^ with my luck, I wouldn't have an extra battery to replace it with.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:09 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,293,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I've been reading about the young man that was shot by that neighborhood watch wacko. Though he murdered this boy he has not been arrested. This makes me very angry, call this my vent for the day. There is a petition on Change.org asking steps be taken to prosecute the shooter. They have over 984,000 signatures but still need more. I signed it, I hope you will too. Thanks.

https://www.change.org/petitions/pro...trayvon-martin
todd00, you've probably seen it on the news already but President Obama has addressed the issue. He said it will be investigated by federal, state and local law enforcement.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:33 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,042,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
todd00, you've probably seen it on the news already but President Obama has addressed the issue. He said it will be investigated by federal, state and local law enforcement.
I'd read there was to be an investigation. The towns nit-wit Chief of Police has been put on administrative leave. They have over a million signatures now, hope that helps too.
---------------------

I had to go out to the store, I just hate these stores that have music so loud you cant think what you need. Anyone else run into that?

Old 03-23-2012, 07:02 PM

866 posts, read 1,146,479 times
Haven't noticed the music in the stores but why do the fast food places have their musac
or radio or whatever blaring ? When I hear the loud mmusic I change my mind and get my food to go...then eat in my car where there is peace and quiet...

Old 03-24-2012, 09:04 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,144,825 times
Incorrect clothing sizes ... I just came back from Macy's and was so disgusted by the fact that none of the clothes in my size fits properly. Maybe I went up a size but how come I can still fit my old clothes that are several sizes smaller? Also, I am smaller on top and tried on several blazers in my pants size and they were tight? Hello? I'm still wearing small blouses so those blazers were not the size that was advertised! Seems that every time I go there, I somehow increase a size. What's the whole purpose of messing with the sizes? You are only making your customers depressed. I just walked out with my head hanging low.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:33 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,870,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Incorrect clothing sizes ... I just came back from Macy's and was so disgusted by the fact that none of the clothes in my size fits properly. Maybe I went up a size but how come I can still fit my old clothes that are several sizes smaller? Also, I am smaller on top and tried on several blazers in my pants size and they were tight? Hello? I'm still wearing small blouses so those blazers were not the size that was advertised! Seems that every time I go there, I somehow increase a size. What's the whole purpose of messing with the sizes? You are only making your customers depressed. I just walked out with my head hanging low.
Hate to say it, but so much of this stuff is made offshore. There is no standard sizing at all anymore. Clothing made in Europe is also much smaller. So, not you Chat, just the sizing. I am sure you look very nice in whatever you choose. Labels today mean nothing. Quality has gone down, and prices have gone up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics