Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 09:13 PM

1,738 posts, read 767,801 times

Advertisements

Why is it that solicitors, telemarketers and such call SEVERAL times a day and YET have been on the Do Not Call List for YEARS. I don't get it. I know I am not the only one this happens to..it is just very aggravating.

Another thing, why is it that people have to be so ugly to other people that actually have a KNOWN knowledge of a subject (as in they are going through it or living it) and the person being ugly is just spouting garbage and hate. True bully personality. Have read people put down, talked down to, and total just nastiness in some posts. I don't want to get in the middle of it. So, I just back out of the post, when I don't see it getting any better. But it is TERRIBLE. I am sure I am not the only one that sees this. I read facts and assumptions that people say...there was one post that I was reading, something that I was interested in reading...that is until I read some of what people were writing. I sat with my mouth open in total disbelief...awful..AWFUL. Luckily, I do see kindness and sharing of ideas and thoughts. It is just sad that sometimes the "bullies" seem to ruin it. The reason I found this site was I was googling something and this site popped up. The post was wonderful and very helpful which made me look more and then "join". I think it is sad that some might be turned off with such ugliness I have read and not want to "join" this site to share the opinions and life experiences.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:58 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,874,311 times
Trying to accomplish some work at the library today and ran out of time. I needed to stop and put everything away and leave. I hate it when I run out of time or having a project that has a fixed time to end.

It's just more work to return later and start all over again.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:01 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,390,428 times
I hate when that happens too.
I also hate the fact the so many people are out of work, many who even have certs, training and qualifications, and many even who live in bigger cities and still cant find work. The unemployment rates are incredible everywhere. Ive looked at assorted cities just out of curiosity. There are a lot of ads out everywhere but even people who have the qualifications just dont seem to fit the need of the potential employer. Trucking companies have logos painted on their trailers too, logos that have been there since the beginning of the industry, but when you call the number, either theyre only hiring in certain regions or 'only taking apps' right now. Im really surprised at how many people are having to work 2 part time jobs these days.
Sorry, just had to vent...

Old 04-12-2012, 03:23 PM

^^^ All the corporations sent their jobs overseas except for the CEO’s and the executives who are part of the 1%ers.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:10 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,015,083 times
*sigh* I finally got the bus driver to agree to wait an extra few minutes to allow me time to get to the stop from the train station and the train was late, causing me to miss my connection ... Errrrgggghhhh! I hate getting home at 8pm when I get off work at 5pm and after I've left my house at 5:30am in the mornings!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
*sigh* I finally got the bus driver to agree to wait an extra few minutes to allow me time to get to the stop from the train station and the train was late, causing me to miss my connection ... Errrrgggghhhh! I hate getting home at 8pm when I get off work at 5pm and after I've left my house at 5:30am in the mornings!
Ouch! That’s not nice,,,, I think you should be looking at moving closer to work. Or hopefully you’ll get a better job offer soon with twice or three times the money.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,015,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Ouch! That’s not nice,,,, I think you should be looking at moving closer to work. Or hopefully you’ll get a better job offer soon with twice or three times the money.
Hey Aks ... I would LOVE to move closer but I have multiple jobs that are approximately 20 miles from each other so I will still need to deal with the commuter rails. Yeah ... If one of these places hires me full-time, then I'll be set financially and can move into a bigger place. Until then, I have to deal with this aggravation. *sigh*

Old 04-12-2012, 10:01 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,390,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^^ All the corporations sent their jobs overseas except for the CEO’s and the executives who are part of the 1%ers.
Ya I kinda figured that, its a shame too, for many in our own country, who are unemployed.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:43 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,984,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post
Ya I kinda figured that, its a shame too, for many in our own country, who are unemployed.
Yep, there are guys up in North Dakota now trying to get on with the oil companies that have multiple degree's. I'm sure they are happy to have a job but at the same time you couldn't blame them for resenting not being able to find a job in ones field of choice. To invest that time and get an education to end up severely underemployed or without work at all, maybe with a bunch of student loans to pay back, it is very sad. And as the crunch continues one has to wonder when the seams will break entirely and it will become either rich or poor. Don't count on the political mouthpieces wanting your vote to comprehend the real world of hardship, they haven't a clue or really care at all. The system is broken in so many ways, but hey there are new must have high tech toys coming out every year.

I'm sorry, Chatteress, I do admire your strength and drive, you are an excellent role model for kids today.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:32 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,274,691 times
I was in the library the other day and one of the very young workmen looked around at all of the books and said to his friend, " Sheesh, this place gives me the willies....."

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics