Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 12:05 PM

3,970 posts, read 8,570,857 times

Advertisements

This happens so rarely that I shouldn't even worry about it, but why couldn't they at least have come to the door and said "We have to dig up the water line down the street in a little bit and we might have to shut the water off." I wouldn't have been in the shower, half rinsed and about ready to wash my hair when the water stopped. I also would have already had my teeth brushed. It would have been much easier to get ready for work.

It's just a good thing that most of the time, I am the only one in this part of the office.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:25 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,417,769 times
What is the world coming to??? I went to bad and when I woke up the world had gotten crazier. A gunman went the the midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rising" Batman and shoots and kills 12 people. I don't know how many injured. How is this possible??? Is there no place you can let ur children go and feel relatively confident they won't get shot and killed??? I go to these popular late night releases sometimes. My sons love them... They're exciting... I was too tired to go last night and after reading this story I am glad I didn't even thought the shooting happened in CO. I am sadden... I will now always wonder when I am at the movies if there is some whacko with a gun? I am sure it will pass, but not today

Old 07-20-2012, 03:35 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,042,140 times
Remember when kids could go to school without lock downs and shootings happening? Its truly another world now.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:05 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,293,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
What is the world coming to??? I went to bad and when I woke up the world had gotten crazier. A gunman went the the midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rising" Batman and shoots and kills 12 people. I don't know how many injured. How is this possible??? Is there no place you can let ur children go and feel relatively confident they won't get shot and killed??? I go to these popular late night releases sometimes. My sons love them... They're exciting... I was too tired to go last night and after reading this story I am glad I didn't even thought the shooting happened in CO. I am sadden... I will now always wonder when I am at the movies if there is some whacko with a gun? I am sure it will pass, but not today
He came in through an emergency exit door, dropped a smoke bomb and started shooting. Such horror and sadness.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,302,270 times
Looks like I'll have to report for jury duty Tuesday.

No, I do not want to hear about "civic duty." If they had called me a few years ago, I'd have loved it, not just because it would have been interesting, but because I hated my job and would have done anything to get out of it for a few days. Now? For a number of reasons, the timing couldn't be worse. As I've been excused for grand jury twice, and this is a regular jury, I kind of have to go. I hope the attorneys hate me.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Looks like I'll have to report for jury duty Tuesday.

No, I do not want to hear about "civic duty." If they had called me a few years ago, I'd have loved it, not just because it would have been interesting, but because I hated my job and would have done anything to get out of it for a few days. Now? For a number of reasons, the timing couldn't be worse. As I've been excused for grand jury twice, and this is a regular jury, I kind of have to go. I hope the attorneys hate me.
I served on a murder trial about ten years ago but I don't want to do it again. If questions come your way, you could ask for each question to be repeated as if you don't hear well. That would cause them to cross you off the list!

Old 07-21-2012, 08:14 AM

24,740 posts, read 26,344,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
I served on a murder trial about ten years ago but I don't want to do it again. If questions come your way, you could ask for each question to be repeated as if you don't hear well. That would cause them to cross you off the list!
That will generally not work today, if you are hearing impaired The court must provide a translator or a listening device per the ADA. I found this out the last time I went for jury duty.

Hearing Impaired

Old 07-21-2012, 03:45 PM

8,144 posts, read 10,786,945 times
I am also so tired of the violence. I just feel a heavy "weariness" this week.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I am also so tired of the violence. I just feel a heavy "weariness" this week.
This Year of the Dragon is supposed to bring big changes, necessary changes, good changes. So far it bites.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:50 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,042,140 times
We are so worried about terrorists and yet any idiot can buy assault rifles and thousands of rounds of ammo, on line no less. Makes ya wonder if the greater threat isn't right here among our own people.

Good changes for who, the CEO's and other corporate thieves, or for the common man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics