Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 08:19 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,963,193 times

Advertisements

Dead electric window!

After a frustrating day dealing with issues around the house, I left to pick up dinner that Mrs called and ordered on the phone. While I was out driving to get it, I noticed that the back electric window is now failing to go “up”. This means that there is a broken part,,,,,,, I can hear the motor running but nothing moves up. Hot air comes in, cold air goes out, and it started raining this evening as well. Too many things braking down all at the same time.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:11 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,069,789 times
So I was out having a good time by myself and had a great dinner/dessert. I texted a friend to let her know I was in her neighborhood. I did not hear from her so I assumed that she was out with her boyfriend. Well ... I just checked my cell and saw her text saying "sorry I'm at (location). Check facebook" I'm like, what? I don't have Facebook on my phone ... Next time I won't even bother texting her when I'm in her neighborhood, sheesh!

Old 07-28-2012, 10:19 PM

LOL I email my sister with information that I thought she needed. I get a reply later complaining that my email was too large for her to read on her iphone. "sorry I don't text" and I don't know why you open and email on a phone instead of using your pc. give me a break ,,,,, I'd call and talk but you're never home and I don't talk to people while they are on a cell and driving around.

Chatteress,,,, let's go get another dessert maybe things will improve in our lives.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
LOL I email my sister with information that I thought she needed. I get a reply later complaining that my email was too large for her to read on her iphone. "sorry I don't text" and I don't know why you open and email on a phone instead of using your pc. give me a break ,,,,, I'd call and talk but you're never home and I don't talk to people while they are on a cell and driving around.

Chatteress,,,, let's go get another dessert maybe things will improve in our lives.
Hehe! I can handle another serving of frozen yogurt AND I'll even share

Old 07-29-2012, 08:46 AM

So I was planning to visit Disneyland but had to change my plans due to the protesting going on in Anaheim ... According to the news, they are protesting in front of Disneyland. The protests are about three separate officer-involved shootings that took place this past week. What do folks want anyways? Should we just disarm our cops so the precious criminals can run wild? First of all: If the person had been staying out of trouble and not out committing crimes in the FIRST PLACE, they would not have been shot. Secondly, if you act threatening towards a cop or resist arrest, you just may find yourself shot! I get so sick and tired of all these criminals that have NO RESPECT for our laws and all the enablers that interfere with the police doing their jobs!

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,2628822.story

Old 07-29-2012, 02:40 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,302,561 times
As the wife of a former law enforcement officer, I appreciate your comments, Chat.

Can I join you and Aks for dessert???

Old 07-29-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
As the wife of a former law enforcement officer, I appreciate your comments, Chat.

Can I join you and Aks for dessert???
You are welcome. I do appreciate the law enforcement folks that risk their lives each day while protecting us. I just get so sickened when folks immediately cry police brutality whenever any precious criminal gets shot

BTW: Yes, you may join us but get your butt over here fast before we eat it all

Old 07-29-2012, 05:44 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,302,561 times
While my husband wasn't "on the front line" so to speak, his job still held danger and he was required to wear a gun. TG he never had to use it. Came close a couple of times, tho. I tried not to think about it so it wouldn't drive me insane.

OK, what do we have here for dessert? I'm ready now. How about some nice Boston Cream Pie???

Old 07-29-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
While my husband wasn't "on the front line" so to speak, his job still held danger and he was required to wear a gun. TG he never had to use it. Came close a couple of times, tho. I tried not to think about it so it wouldn't drive me insane.

OK, what do we have here for dessert? I'm ready now. How about some nice Boston Cream Pie???
Boston creme pie sounds yummy ... Of course, I'm craving a frozen yogurt from Jamba Juice

Old 07-29-2012, 09:23 PM

Blueberry would be good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We've had a strong storm come through the neighborhood and my tv signal has cut out several times while trying to watch some of the Olympics.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics