Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 09:52 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,107,321 times

Advertisements

^^ I don’t want to alarm you however student loans are important to payback. I know of a friend who did not pay off most of the loans and he was having big trouble with credit companies hounding him and poor credit or no credit. It has cost him dearly when he avoided his obligations to pay it off.

I would say that if you send them “anything” even $5 or $10 they will attempt to work with you; but if you attempt to avoid payments all together they will cause more harm than good.

Oh,,, that friend of mine, after he lost his job because of the problem he now continues to look but can’t find work. Sad that the job he lost was a good one too; they simply didn’t want to garnish his weekly paychecks and have him on their payroll once they found out.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:33 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,147,262 times
Apartment hunting is such a daunting task and I'm feeling overwhelmed just thinking about it. As much as I love paying only 900 per month in rent, I am no longer happy in the city I live in and my tiny apartment is driving me mad. Plus, I need to relocate to make my public transit commuting much easier but the rents in the county that I need to relocate to are several hundred dollars higher per month. I really gonna have to be selective about where I relocate do to safety concerns, mass transit options, nearby grocery and churches, and more square footage.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:48 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,611,122 times
I am going to have to go to court again in about 4 weeks, and I HATE court. I left my ex in 2008 and have been to court because of him anywhere from 3-6 times a year. If it isn't about the divorce it is a child custody issue. I get so stressed knowing I have to do this again. The thing is he now lives in another state so he doesn't have to appear in court and deal with the judge like I do. He gets to sit at home on the phone and do his contribution. The hearing coming up is only a prelude to another court appearence probably sometime in Nov. or Dec. I wish all of my children were adults because then I wouldn't hardly have to deal with him at all, which would be wonderful.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:46 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,728,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I'm so glad you found your phone, antiques. Taking the landline into the car, that was good thinking.

I'm feeling stressed right now because my husband's friend Bill, a recent widower, is coming to stay with us next week. I've only met this guy once and I have such a phobia about entertaining people in my home that I'm practically tied in knots. Our house is tiny. We only have one bathroom and no spare bedroom, but Bill is bringing a sleeping bag and will probably sleep on the floor in the den.

Other than my lifelong social phobia, the other reason having a houseguest is uncomfortable for me is because our house is so run down. It needs new carpets, new drapes, new paint, new tile, new appliances, new everything! The dishwasher hasn't worked in nearly a year (not that a guest would care), and the yard is a mess. I'm kind of embarrassed to have people see it.

Maybe if I cook a lot and keep Bill well-fed, he won't notice the shabby surroundings.

I can relate. How about people who knock on your door at 8 AM (on SUNDAY no less) bcs you have a for sale sign in front of the house. The phone numbers are on it for a reason!!! It takes awhile to clean a 4 bedroom house and I ain't suzy housekeeper,lol.

I dont get it. Showing a house in todays economy requires everything is mint and perfect. And god forbid you have dogs.

I dont trust people who dont like dogs or animals

Old 10-01-2012, 03:12 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,107,321 times
Today I stopped at the local Safeway food store to do a little shopping however I couldn’t get checkout and leave because the entire store cash registers we down. The manager said there was a problem at the corporate office and none of the checkouts could talk with the main system. It’s a lovely way to spend an extra 30 minutes of your life,,,,, standing in line and then leaving because it appears that they’ll never get the machines back online with the main data unit at the corporate office.

The world comes to a standstill when the systems are down and nothing gets processed. There was no redundancy or backup for checking people out of the store. It's a sign of the future!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:14 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,449,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Today I stopped at the local Safeway food store to do a little shopping however I couldn’t get checkout and leave because the entire store cash registers we down. The manager said there was a problem at the corporate office and none of the checkouts could talk with the main system. It’s a lovely way to spend an extra 30 minutes of your life,,,,, standing in line and then leaving because it appears that they’ll never get the machines back online with the main data unit at the corporate office.

The world comes to a standstill when the systems are down and nothing gets processed. There was no redundancy or backup for checking people out of the store. It's a sign of the future!!!!!!
Same thing happened to me at the gas station today. She said it was the rain.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 PM

Just read a news story about a train derailment in Central California and I'm concerned as one of my friends traveled up to Fresno this weekend via train. I pray that she wasn't on this train and that she's safe and sound.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 AM

1,468 posts, read 2,169,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ I don’t want to alarm you however student loans are important to payback. I know of a friend who did not pay off most of the loans and he was having big trouble with credit companies hounding him and poor credit or no credit. It has cost him dearly when he avoided his obligations to pay it off.

I would say that if you send them “anything” even $5 or $10 they will attempt to work with you; but if you attempt to avoid payments all together they will cause more harm than good.

Oh,,, that friend of mine, after he lost his job because of the problem he now continues to look but can’t find work. Sad that the job he lost was a good one too; they simply didn’t want to garnish his weekly paychecks and have him on their payroll once they found out.
That's true, plus you might have more issues in the future even with renting or buying more important items. I am not avoiding payments since I am deferred (I still don't have a job), but I need to send them cash sooner or later.

Yeah, that's him finding out the hard way. Be thankful you're not homeless, these unis are way overpriced.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:46 AM

21,784 posts, read 8,931,294 times
I dropped my cell phone in the toilet today. After I was done. Waahh! With any luck it will dry out and start working again in a day or two.

Chatteress, I saw the news about the Amtrak derailment, and I hope your friend is all right.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I dropped my cell phone in the toilet today. After I was done. Waahh! With any luck it will dry out and start working again in a day or two.

Chatteress, I saw the news about the Amtrak derailment, and I hope your friend is all right.
Hey Bayarea ... My friend texted me last night to say that she's ok and thanked me for my concern. Since she said "goodnight" at the end of the text, I'm gonna wait until this afternoon to call her as she must be exhausted. I'm grateful she's safe and sound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics