Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 04:41 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
AAAAAAAAH! I have been trying to complete scanning of my family photos for reprint only to discover that the coupon I was planning to use that ends tonight have already been removed from the site!
Update .... I was able to speak online with a customer service rep and she was able to give me credit for the amount that I would have saved by using the expired coupon plus I was able to complete scanning all of my pics. I'm happy again

Old 01-16-2012, 10:08 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,830,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
While working outside this evening it was cooler than normal and there must be several homes that light up their fireplaces. Wow the air smells bad out there. What a stink! It’s like living in an ashtray with all the smoke in the air. Someone is burning trash not wood.
With the cold weather here, many folks are lighting their woodstoves and fireplaces. For those with allergies or asthma, it makes life quite a bit more difficult.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 AM

36,412 posts, read 16,022,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
With the cold weather here, many folks are lighting their woodstoves and fireplaces. For those with allergies or asthma, it makes life quite a bit more difficult.
Glad it never bothered me, I lived 7 years with just wood heat!

Eye exam today, I think I can afford that but not so sure about the glasses, they are so expensive. I need for near and far so no cheap readers for me.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:00 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,830,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Glad it never bothered me, I lived 7 years with just wood heat!

Eye exam today, I think I can afford that but not so sure about the glasses, they are so expensive. I need for near and far so no cheap readers for me.
I love wood heat...it just doesn't love me. I know a few folks who buy glasses online and have saved quite a bit. I haven't done it because of my prescription. I found very nice complete eyewear for 60-70% off a couple of months ago. That is the least I have paid in years. Hopefully you will find a really good deal somewhere, tas.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:04 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times
TV trailers moving across the bottom of the screen and also those station logos don’t help much either. Seems you can go out and buy a big screen tv and with those items stuck at the bottom of the screen you still miss part of the overall picture that you’re trying to see.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:08 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
It was another rough morning commute due to maintenance issues with the train tracks. I wound up getting to work 10 minutes late and was forced to take a $20 cab as I missed the two buses that would've gotten me to work on time. I'm grateful that I had some flexibility but I really don't want this to become a pattern ... I wish there were better commuting options to my job but at 40+ miles, there isn't much.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:58 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
I'm so angry. I am struggling with flashbacks and anxiety from the abusive situation I left about a year ago (I'm just starting to remember things now) and the people who were right by my side last week can't do anything but tell me to get "over the pity party". And these people have been abused and needed help and taken time to heal. It just hurts so Moderator cut: language much to hear the people I cared about so much accuse me of "dwelling" and "making a pity party" because of involuntary flashbacks to times when my life was quite literally in danger. I didn't realize that having flashbacks over the fact my ex tried to kill me was "making a bit deal out of nothing." And now these people want nothing to do with me, so I'm all on my own at school. I don't get why they are being so cold and heartless, especially when they've been through experiences that you would think would enable them to relate and empathize. Instead they just keep lecturing me to "choose happiness" when I trigger at a smell or situation that sends me into a flashback. How can these people have an anxiety disorder and have experience counseling on a suicidal hotline and say stuff like that?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-19-2012 at 04:19 AM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language, or else let the language filters do their job.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:20 PM

3 posts, read 3,425 times
Frustrated 4 sure! Seriously, Are there any good people out there left in this world that can be trusted? Let's say, better then a 50-50 chance? And, don't even get me started on morals.!!!! Seems common courtesy is not so common!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 12:28 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,257,904 times
Somehow, it seems every time we decide to keep Comcast vs. going with a dish, something happens that Comcast ticks me off royally. Today was one of those days.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:57 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times
This was a busy week with things to do everyday and now that it's Friday I'm very tired and just want to stay in bed till,,,,,,, noon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics