Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 03:59 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I was offered a lucrative job opportunity two days per week which required a convoluted commute in order to be there by 8am ... I just found out this morning that one of the trains schedules were changed and now the train leaves 8 minutes later causing me to cut it close to my connection ... Fortunately, I made it to the station early and had time to walk to the bus stop only to have construction blocking the stop, which forced me to walk a long block to the next stop on an extremely uneven sidewalk .... I was so frazzled by the time I got into work and that feeling lasted nearly the entire day! I can't stand the lack of commuter rail service in my area and can't wait for the day when I can relocate closer to work ....

Because of this 8-minute change, I now don't have much leeway and I hate arriving late to work when I have appointments. Now I'll have to ask my supervisor if I could change my schedule to 8:30am-5pm but that means I'll get home a full hour later due to missing the last direct train of the night ... This is NOT a great start for the semester ...
Update: I decided to go ahead and request a schedule change ... Although this means I may not get home until 8pm, it does make me feel better having additional cushion time in the morning. Glad it was approved without any hassles. One good thing that came out of this was that the fact that it was discovered that somebody forgot to put my schedule into the system so I'm glad this was caught in time as I'd hate to travel those 40 miles next week just to discover that I'm not scheduled to be there ....

Old 01-11-2012, 04:00 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I remember a guy when I worked for Royal Mail. There was a group of us having a talk
about something or other. One of the people in the discussion was a cleaner. He was
quite an old guy, nice fella. Anyway he gave his opinion, someone said "who cares about
your opinion bog cleaner". Bog being slang for toilets. I was astonished, and I said so. The
person who said this insult ended up becoming a manager!! Luckily bad karma caught up
with him a couple of years later, and he was sacked over an assault. Good riddance I thought at the time.
I'd be thinking the same thing too, Dave. I'm not surprised he ended up in management. There is always that old saying that incompetence rises to the top; of course that is not always the case. I wonder if he ever realized that sometimes what goes around, comes around. Good riddance is right, and an assault charge too. Wow what a loser.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:15 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times
Yeah, I met a few like him while I worked for Royal Mail. Another one, who was a junior
Manager, took offence at me, over me ensuring he did something that was required of
him. He said to me quietly "I won't forget this". I thought nothing of it, until a few years
later, when he set about trying to get me sacked, over a petty offence. He tried playing
games with me in interviews. I just looked across the desk at him, and thought to myself,
if you manage to get me sacked, I will walk round this desk, and wipe that smug smirk
off your face, Sadly, he failed, and I could'nt do it!!

Old 01-11-2012, 05:36 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,505 times
I have what I'm guessing is a spider bite, my first. Early this morning as I watched TV I started scratching my arm now and then. A bit of an itch, not bad, about halfway on inner forearm. I thought it was dry skin. Later I realized I was scratching at my wrist so took a look. Red and swelling! First I took throws and pillows to the washer, wiped everything down and vacuumed. Iced it, took a shower, more icing then browsed for remedies. I'm not dead or rotting so it's not a brown recluse. First thing I saw was baking soda paste so did that. Kept looking and aside from rinsing with hydrogen peroxide, another paste is turmeric and olive oil so did that after the baking soda. I had hydrocortisone so did that, more ice.

First it was more swollen from thumb to about two inches down the wrist. The larger part of the swelling moved around as I did above. Right now there's about 2"x2" red swell halfway up forearm. I don't see anything that is a bite so I'm halfway wondering if my scratching caused it. It's a first for me and have never had an allergic reaction like this. I know I could go to the health board and post it but I've browsed all I'm gonna so it's my vent for the day/night.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:40 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Kitty, I'd get my butt to a doctor real soon.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:49 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I thought Kitty was bitten on her butt when I first read your post nms, guess this is my stupid day! I agree with nms Kitty...if the swelling persists, see a doctor.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I thought Kitty was bitten on her butt when I first read your post nms, guess this is my stupid day! I agree with nms Kitty...if the swelling persists, see a doctor.
I'm looking at my bookmarks again and I have neglected to elevate my arm to help with swelling. If it looks worse tomorrow there's a walk-in ER near me. Right I'll go sit and raise my arm! Nighty nite!

Old 01-11-2012, 06:20 PM

Good luck, lady. Good thoughts headed your way.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I kinda figured if she got her butt to the doctor, the arm would follow.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:38 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
I have what I'm guessing is a spider bite, my first. Early this morning as I watched TV I started scratching my arm now and then. A bit of an itch, not bad, about halfway on inner forearm. I thought it was dry skin. Later I realized I was scratching at my wrist so took a look. Red and swelling! First I took throws and pillows to the washer, wiped everything down and vacuumed. Iced it, took a shower, more icing then browsed for remedies. I'm not dead or rotting so it's not a brown recluse. First thing I saw was baking soda paste so did that. Kept looking and aside from rinsing with hydrogen peroxide, another paste is turmeric and olive oil so did that after the baking soda. I had hydrocortisone so did that, more ice.

First it was more swollen from thumb to about two inches down the wrist. The larger part of the swelling moved around as I did above. Right now there's about 2"x2" red swell halfway up forearm. I don't see anything that is a bite so I'm halfway wondering if my scratching caused it. It's a first for me and have never had an allergic reaction like this. I know I could go to the health board and post it but I've browsed all I'm gonna so it's my vent for the day/night.
Do you have any prednisone? If so I'd take that for a couple days see if you see a difference. A doctor would probably start off with giving you prednisone anyway. If you have a vet that you are have a long history that will give meds when you need them for your pets without you hauling them in every time, maybe you can get some there. Garlic is a good natural antibiotic among other things, you might take some of that. Good luck with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics