Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 09:03 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times

Advertisements

While working outside this evening it was cooler than normal and there must be several homes that light up their fireplaces. Wow the air smells bad out there. What a stink! It’s like living in an ashtray with all the smoke in the air. Someone is burning trash not wood.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:06 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
While working outside this evening it was cooler than normal and there must be several homes that light up their fireplaces. Wow the air smells bad out there. What a stink! It’s like living in an ashtray with all the smoke in the air. Someone is burning trash not wood.
Yeah ... When the temps drops for us, the air smells like something is burning with all the fireplaces that are running

Old 01-15-2012, 09:23 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,877 times
In my case as she dumped me, by email no less, while out of the country and completely out of the blue. I eventually filed when she didn't, then surprise I get the Sheriff at my door with papers she had filed. Her filing date beat mine. It hardly matters unless one has a hang up about being dumped like DreamOfM's ex seems to have. I've never known anyone that lied about who dumped who was my point, NMS. If somehow I offended you it was not my intention.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:47 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
That's good then, it just struck a chord because it was your pet that was sick and I know how mad that would have made me. Glad you gave them a shocker.

DreamOfM, I've never known anyone that pretended they filed for divorce when they didn't. I suppose it was not wanting to look like he was the one that got dumped. Which is kinda weird in itself as some very nice people get dumped. That guy you went with sounds like the stereotypical middle aged lounge lizard. Smart you got rid of him.
Oh yes..so true..lol an aging lothario...I am over my ex since 2 years ago but he had to keep emphasizing how SHE was a psycho...imo he protested too much on that.... i mean I am at point where i just want to meet people and no drama...but he had to profess how great he was and that the second wife was a wack job...just wondering what a mans take is on this....

lounge lizard...lol

Old 01-15-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
It happens all the time, Todd. For example, IRL, I left my first husband, couldn't afford the lawyer, we agreed he would file. So, officially, he divorced me, but I was the one who left. Got it??? ANd then there are some who just can't admit he/she was the one dumped!
I agree. i filed w. my ex...no drama, bcs I just wanted it done. under 300.00 and pro se. works well as long as no kids.

Its just hilarious this guy was obsessed w. how his ex was 'nuts'. yet he is the 50 yr old now having an 18 yr old live at his apt. . hysterical.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:10 PM

21,532 posts, read 8,716,437 times
My ex filed when I told him I was leaving him. I think it was a matter of pride for him. He wanted to make me look like the dumpee. Also, he had been divorced twice before and had been burned. He was afraid I would hire a lawyer and take him for everything he had. That part was a joke because our salaries were about the same, and by the end of the marriage I was making slightly more. I didn't want anything financial, only to be free of him, but he nitpicked over every little thing. He actually tried make my two parakeets part of the property settlement!

My ex was a newspaper columnist at the time, and to get revenge he wrote a long, self-pitying rant in the third person about a "friend" who was going through a divorce. He described how his "friend's" ungrateful ex-wife constantly nitpicked and didn't appreciate his good qualities. There were enough clues in the column so that everyone who knew us knew it was really about our divorce. It was very embarrassing, but I got my own revenge. I cut the column out of the newspaper and used it to line the birdcage.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:40 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Oh yes..so true..lol an aging lothario...I am over my ex since 2 years ago but he had to keep emphasizing how SHE was a psycho...imo he protested too much on that.... i mean I am at point where i just want to meet people and no drama...but he had to profess how great he was and that the second wife was a wack job...just wondering what a mans take is on this....
lounge lizard...lol
By labeling her a wack job he is clearly saying, it wasn't my fault at all. The old I'm ok, you're not thing. He has summed up the problem in once sentence. He maybe goes on and on about it because she dumped him, he still cares for her and it was his at least to some degree his fault. Underneath his banter he probably lacks self esteem so he puts on a front.

I don't see any problem with couples having a substantial age difference, but 18 is extreme for sure. Who knows if he is even telling the truth about this girl. Maybe she is just an image on his computer screen and a case of wishful thinking.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:44 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
AAAAAAAAH! I have been trying to complete scanning of my family photos for reprint only to discover that the coupon I was planning to use that ends tonight have already been removed from the site!

Old 01-16-2012, 08:10 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,257,904 times
Quote:
In my case as she dumped me, by email no less, while out of the country and completely out of the blue. I eventually filed when she didn't, then surprise I get the Sheriff at my door with papers she had filed. Her filing date beat mine. It hardly matters unless one has a hang up about being dumped like DreamOfM's ex seems to have. I've never known anyone that lied about who dumped who was my point, NMS. If somehow I offended you it was not my intention.
No offense taken, believe me. I'm sorry it sounded like I was. Sometimes the written word misses the nuances of the verbal. We're cool, Todd.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
By labeling her a wack job he is clearly saying, it wasn't my fault at all. The old I'm ok, you're not thing. He has summed up the problem in once sentence. He maybe goes on and on about it because she dumped him, he still cares for her and it was his at least to some degree his fault. Underneath his banter he probably lacks self esteem so he puts on a front.

I don't see any problem with couples having a substantial age difference, but 18 is extreme for sure. Who knows if he is even telling the truth about this girl. Maybe she is just an image on his computer screen and a case of wishful thinking.
lol. You are so right. Its just hard for me to believe a man over 50 can be so emotionally immature...
As for the second part its ridiculous I agree. No clue if its a fiction or not, or maybe just a "Facebook figment" I agree that FB causes people to act bizarre, they get all paranoid about who writes what on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics